Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I for one don't see the game running at 1080p on the PS4 or Xbox One.
    Most likely somewhere around 900p, with the visuals a little murkier and blurrier then what's shown above.

While I'm sure the new consoles are capable of more then what's been shown on them (as it always takes a long time for developers to really find the ways to push them)... I don't see any reason to simply blindly believe this game will run at 1080p with those visuals.

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    If you look at the track record so far for the consoles, they are certainly incapable of handling these big open world games at 1080p, and require further reduced settings compared to what you find on the PC..

Watch Dogs is a perfect example of that, and Witcher 3 by all the rumors will very likely follow suit.. And while Batman Arkham Knight won't have the density you find in Watch Dogs due to Gotham's inhabitants evacuating, or the sheer size of the Witcher 3, it will have the open world and seamless nature of both games plus it's tremendous scale and verticality.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I like how the whole armored bits of his suit seperate to allow him to breath/move, but yea the older suits were way better looking and far more classical i love the first arkham games suit, origions was ok but i was not as fond of it.

They will no doubt throw in alternate skins including their old retro suits i am reasonably sure.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  4. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I would not judge consoles' capabilities by early software. On consoles it is a matter of targets, 1080p could very well be the resolution but they would have to make cuts in terms of effect quality. AC4 is 1080p on PS4 by the way, as is Infamous Second Son.

Batman Arkham Knight footage is very impressive (more so than the above mentionned games) but even then I can see the PS4 running that at 30fps.

Again that does not prevent consoles (especially the PS4 and its 32 ROPS) from achieving 1080p in itself. They would just have to tone down the overall visual fidelity. What matters most for the console audience (it seems) is effect quality more so than IQ.
    Hence why they're comfortable with sub1080p resolution.

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Amazon just changed the PC release date to 31. Januar 2015

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What was it before.. just 2015?

Either way, cant wait. Thanks for the update.

7. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Placeholder.

8. charrocrow

charrocrow Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760 OC 4GB
    this game in jan 15??

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.actiontrip.com/news/exclusive-scarecrow-content-for-ps4-arkham-knight/062414_3

On PS3 there will be exclusive content with the Joker and on PS4 there will be content with Scarecrow, unsure if it's completely exclusive or if it could hit PC and/or XBox later on via future DLC releases.

I'm fairly certain this is similar to the challenge maps from previous games so it's pretty minor in my opinion though dividing content like this between platforms is something I dislike though it does happen quite frequently.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I thought this was only on PS4/Xb1 and PC?

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The PS3 reference was to Arkham Asylum in the article.

12. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
  13. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    "Batman needs the new suit because of the force he's facing, military bla bla..."

:3eyes: Saddest thing ever. Batman needs no armor, you cannot shoot what you cannot see. Sad.

14. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I see where you are going but even in the Bale movies he was still beat up.. Bruises etc and laid up in bed from battle wounds. So I don't mind (and fire arm protection was an upgrade in previous games) when they go this route.

15. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I'm just worried because IMO its the wrong direction they are developing the gameplay for. A heavier armor because facing heavier weapons would be something for an IronMan game, but Batman should use his wits, agility, gadgets and last but not least stealth. Once you go the route of putting more & more stuff onto the suit stealth looks out of place for a black tank and that is the core gameplay going out of the window.

Batman AA was so perfectly balanced because you knew you couldnt take lots of bullets and still had to face lots of hot shots.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/85...ght-promo-image-leaks-another-pre-order-bonus

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    this'll be the one they're putting out against gta5 for the peoples hard earned cash imo.
    if I could play anyone of them now i'd go batman, though i'd go fc4 before the bats.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    GTA V will steam roll any Batman game sales wise.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    gta5 pc vs batman dk pc
    you say sales will steamroll, will be interesting to see for sure. :)

20. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Yup, no contest.

Besides, Batman AK is a 2015 release. So it won't have to go toe to toe with Rockstar's mega hit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.