After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Angry Joe - The Division Interview. The first question he asked was "is the game going to actually look like that when it releases". If you want the game directors answer, here is the video ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-jcGcNXoxM

2. bibiservietsky

bibiservietsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX680
    Trop ça :D

3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Bull**** avoidance answer from the PR mouth and Joe let him off very lightly. Answer was basically "well it does look awesome so no wonder people are wondering how it will look when it's released", to which Joe should have replied "No I think the concern is because Watch Dogs looked nothing like its E3 2012 trailer when it was released this year".

4. mintyice

mintyice Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760 2GB SC ACX
    Here's my fix that largely fixes stuttering: put Uplay in offline mode and launch the game from there. The reason the game stutters is because it has to hit Uplay's servers for some sort of online authentication. It's the reason why the pirated version was stutter free: it was forced offline.

5. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    TheWorse, are you using SweetFX in these screenshots? I ask because I notice something called "Chromatic Aberration" which was present back in Crysis 3... it was EVERYWHERE and people tried their best to get rid of it.

It's a horrible effect that blurs edges by adding this unnecessary camera-style raninbow-ish blur... read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatic_aberration

if you used SweetFX then that is okay, I just hope it's not present without using SweeFX. Thanks again!

6. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Being offline doenst fix the stuttering caused by being out of vram (which is what the vast majority of people are struggling with in this game).

7. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I totally agree with this... i almost wish that someone sews ubisoft for false marketing, cause the visual downgrade is THAT clear.

8. Hlavson

Hlavson Member

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    Hi TheWorse. You are doing great work. Hope that Chromatic Aberration on these screenshots is optional. It's really hurting my eyes and it looks like it adds more jaggies :)

9. I don't think those screenies were meant to look that bad. Yes I can see the CA and terrible aliasing.

For one I'm sure you don't get it with the vanilla game. So hopefully 0.8 doesn't give us that problem.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'll try again but why does the game have to authenticate every two seconds while driving? Cause that's about how often I get stuttering while driving.

11. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE

Yah I dont' buy it that Offline mode would fix the stuttering... I'll give it a try when I get home from work, but not going to hold my breath.

12. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I still get the same slight stutters/hitching while driving fast through the city on a 6GB card whether online or offline. All copies of the game legit or not suffer from the same stuttering, there is something wrong with the engine that Ubisoft needs to fix.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  13. ironsoldier

ironsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 780GTX 3GB
    I think that is a fake article, meant for bait and click. They mention PC being "lead platform". PC was NEVER the lead platform. Remember Ubisoft telling us PC gamers to beg for the PC version???

And then there was this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6hwA2gUiK0

14. Golgoth57

Golgoth57 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 670 2 G
    Mouahaha on est quelques français sur ce thread en fait :roll:

For Vram problem, don't forget to define exchange file for the considered drive (the one where you've installed WD).

15. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    This is false, stop spreading BS. VRAM related issues are where the game literally stops for 1-3 seconds and FPS drops to the single digits for several seconds at a time while assets are released/loaded into VRAM.

The vast majority of users are experiencing engine related problems that are inherent to the game. The biggest complaint is simply the game stutters while moving fast through the city and between islands, these are not VRAM related in the slightest, they happen to users with 2GB cards the same as those with 6GB cards.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  16. Sevlagoth

Sevlagoth Guest

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 770 2Gb
    Il y a aussi d'autres qui parlent français, sans être Français.

Por exemplo eu que sou Português.

I need this mod to help me forget the disastrous exhibition of the Portuguese team in this World Cup. :)

And regarding the stuttering, I think this game has a memory leak somewhere, since it starts buttery smooth in my system and gets worse and worse as time goes on...

17. pondcy

pondcy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 Classified
    If it even is a ground worker.

I take "Our secret unnamed source" articles with a grain of salt.

18. TheFlyinPancake

TheFlyinPancake Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 280X
    Yep, les français sont partout !:infinity:

19. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014...nvidia_gpu_performance_preview/3#.U6mFubHlrCM

"We tested, and re-tested this to be sure what we are seeing was correct. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB video card suffers from performance issues that directly relate to texture loading. As we entered new scenes in the game, or were entering or swinging the camera around to new areas that had to load the scene and textures there were at times severe drops in performance as the textures loaded in. This happened indoors and while we were driving in the open world city. It can clearly be seen on the graph.

The Radeon R9 290X GPU based video card has more VRAM on board, 4GB, and this seems to have given a different and better gameplay experience in this game. None of the performance drops experienced with the GTX 780 Ti happen on the Radeon R9 290X GPU based video card. The extra VRAM has made it so that performance is smooth with no discernible lag or stuttering while loading new scenes or new textures as we move about the game. This can really be felt as you drive through the city in the open world, it is much smoother on the Radeon R9 290X GPU based video card. "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.