After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    when exactly gta v should come out? when we go back to school i guesse :/
    :bang: :(

2. Paradoxums

Paradoxums Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 3gb
    Assuming you know, what is it then? Hmmm?

3. Firebl0od

Firebl0od Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC windforce x4
    read the *****$*# previous page man ! he sayed he is going to take a nap and then if he received it from maldo he will post it here.

4. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I doubt their mods can be combined. They're both digging up shaders, effects, etc, and then tweaking the settings for those effects. Each of them seem to have different priorities and preferences for the settings... so really you just need to wait for them each to release their mods and then try and decide which you prefer.

5. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Mommy, are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we...

Man...this thread...xD

6. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Guys i need help!!!!!!!!! I record videos in Dxtory with Lagarith codec then i stop it and exit the game. Then i go to the folder where i saved it and the video looks the way it should... Now here's the problem! When i render the video it comes out like crap.. I tried Vegas Pro 13.0, CyberLink PowerDirector 12 and even stepped down to use Wins movie maker.. but i am getting the same results = Crap. I watched tones of videos on how to set up the programs... But still crap.... Why.....

7. PC-GTX

PC-GTX Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti Boost SC 2 GB
    TheWorse Hi I am from Argentina, I am new to the forum. I send something I checked when the DOF is used to help us improve Watch_Dog

I can't put links yet, but look for this video:
    Watch_Dogs - PS4 Commented Gameplay Premiere [ES]

In this video you can notice well the DOF is only activated when the cell shows. look from 1:14 to 2:07 min. But the time when the effect more noticeable is when in the cashier. Then you can also view and determine the distance of DOF, when walking to the side of the station daily, well you can notice when you walk along the 4 people looking away from the road bridge blur, from 1:54 min until 2:07. They are things I wanted to tell you, to improve the game. And also at 1:26 min you can see the exact type of sunshine that is like an aura that makes the pool of water, when the sun shines on the lower left side. But most importantly, the DOF is to be activated only when you have the phone in hand and off when you save it. If you could do that would be perfect. With this discussion of when to have DOF would end. Now with video that achieves know that DOF is not always on. Can you make the DOF is activated when the cell uses to analyze and disable it when you save the phone?

I understand that a representative from Ubisoft itself that decided to come clean in a program of post-event GameTrailers PlayStation Meeting 2013. "Watch Dogs The show was running on a PC with specifications close to those of PlayStation 4," said the man, as made during the E3 2012

Please I ask you to answer me if you can make it work that way the DOF. And thanks for the other improvements

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  8. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Thanks for all your efforts TheWorse and if it is the same MalDo that did the Crysis 2 mod who is helping you out then my mind is blown this is going to be great. Thanks to every other modder who is helping you out too. :)

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wow so that's what stutter free looks like? :eek: Impressive!

TheWorse, best of luck man. Thanks for all your efforts!

10. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb

11. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC

you see stuttering?

12. AsuraX

AsuraX Guest

GPU:
    12G
    So after .8 which to me if all goes well it will store most of what E3 had, what else is left to restore? What would .9 and 1 restore/fix?

I've got other games to play so I don't mind waiting a week or 2 for even 1 so out of curiosity what is missing?

@TheWorse

Do you think you will be able to restore the NPC behavior? What I mean is have them act so dynamically as they did in the E3 trailer?

@Ubisoft HIRE THIS GUY

13. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    I guess he didn't and that's what he meant to express. I still haven't seen a video at absolutely Ultra settings and Textures with no stutters at all like you did in your videos. Even TITANs can't keep it.

I asked you on the last (closed) topic, so in case you didn't see, could you answer these two questions, please?

1. Do you think I would be able to play (stutter free) at High Textures with your no-stuttering patch? (GTX 770 2GB / i5 2500K / 8GB 1600)

2. Couldn't you release this patch so all users could test and (if it really works) encourage TheWorse to put it together with his patch? (I don't know if it has already happened so I must excuse myself in this case).

Thanks in advance.

14. psychic717

psychic717 Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    +1
    I also have a GTX 770 2GB and I would like to try your "stutter free" patch with High textures.
    On a video it's hard to check for stuttering, but it seemed smooth. Good job.

15. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    I think it is possible with high textures with the 770 having 2 gb of ram, now I'm trying to test on multiple configurations, I assemble pcs for work, but I noticed that the improvement is obtained on i7 CPU, but, on the i5 is still some stuttering ...

16. SilverZ

SilverZ Guest

GPU:
    750Ti OC
    Hi, I'm new on this thread but i followed it offline since 1 week.

I had a little bug i wanted to report after a hack, "intrusion" in french (i'm french) :
    watch?v=tKmWr0-zXjU&feature=youtu.be

I was testing many patches by TheWorse, so i don't know very well which version it is but i'm pretty sure this is the TW0.7b+DoF.byVaas

17. mafooli

mafooli Guest

GPU:
    I've had a quick look through the thread but couldn't find the answer:
    the mod no longer works after the update, how do I fix this??

18. SilverZ

SilverZ Guest

GPU:
    750Ti OC
    you need to find the merged patch on this thread or the previous thread, or someone will repost it.
    i lost it lol, sorry, because this patch ruined my game.

19. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
  20. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    I understand. Thank you for your answer.

As to what I see, Watch_Dogs was no more overhyped than it's awfully unoptimized than we thought it could be on PC. This game is far from being a "flawless graphics art", yet it requires too much hardware for what it delivers even at Ultra Textures.

I am by no means trying to "protect" my investments, but there weren't any games so far that a GTX 770 2GB + Intel's i5 wouldn't eat at 1080P. I know and understand that PC's technology advance at absurd speed, but after assembling my own rigs for about 10 years now, I am sure this game was meant to run terribly at any specs out there.

What you did with this patch seems legit and incredible, but this game is a very bad joke and a disrespectful work (another one) from Ubisoft.

Luckily people will notice that and be aware that Radeons R9 270/270X/280X/290, GTX 660Ti/760/770/780/780Ti are monsters and they will keep up to any new games for a long time yet.

I love Watch_Dogs as a game, but make no mistake... It should not be a standard for any hardware investment, guys. Your specs are fantastic and they're not to blame for bad performance/stutters at WD. The product doesn't justify its own requirements, and from my humble opinion, it just tries to make some people think of unnecessary upgrades to their systems, while others simply will give up their PCs and buy a console. It clearly is a marketing strategy.

I'll keep up with this thread, while also supporting unofficial patches and such. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.