After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azsde

azsde Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780Ti 3Gb
    Hello folks ! :banana:

I have updated the game hopping that it would solve my FPS drop issues but no luck so far :bang:

I have one of the most powerful graphic card on the market but sometimes the game just stutter and drop fps :eyes:

I know your mod is supposed to improve the graphics quality, but would it also solve my perfomances issues ?

If not, what can be done in order to fix this issue except reducing the textures? I have a 3Gb graphic card, ultra texture shouldn't be an issue ... :3eyes:

Thank you in advance guys :)

Cheers,

Azsde.

2. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    Put in 200mb archives

Upload to zippyshare.com, 2shared.com, 4shared.com, googledrive, all of it. **** them. **** them hard.

3. zefs

zefs Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Keep up the good work guys!

4. octomot

octomot Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD7870 2GB
    is it possible to give all the buildings a real mirror effect in the windows?
    it looks so strange if you're at the harbor or port and look in the window and see no aiden no people no water behind not even the "right" streets oO
    only a lowres wallpaper with false lightning.

i know this will eat most systems badly :)
    but it looks ugly imho

greetz

5. CoolerEra

CoolerEra Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780M SLI
    @Selvec

Use mediafire.com, sockshare.com or onedrive.live.com

6. Selvec

Selvec Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    Uploading to Megashares. Ew Onedrive. Can't use Mediafire, it has a 250mb limit, and I hate splitting files. I'm firmly against it because I hate downloading split files myself.

(Honestly now, who thinks 20 split files host on depositfiles, is a bloody good idea?)

7. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    Whats your GPU

Also put textures on Ultra and everything on High, or Vise Versa and at the end of the target line in the properties of the .exe put -disablepagefilecheck
    • Also get gibbed tools and unpack patch.fat and unpack common.fat
    • Find defaultthreadingconfig under \data_win64\common_unpack\engine\settings
    • open with notepad and find where it says 2 threads change min and max to the max amount of cores your processor uses
    • i7 = 8 threads
    • AMD 8 core = 8 threads
    • i5 = 4 threads
    etc. Then repack patch.fat and patch.dat and test.

8. azsde

azsde Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780Ti 3Gb

It's specified in my profile, it's the Asus GTX 780Ti 3Gb :)

I will test this as soon as I come back from work :nerd:

9. eMWu

eMWu Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 285 1GB
    Umm no, it just shows they don't want copyright materials (like textures from the game) distributed without their permission.

10. Selvec

Selvec Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    Except before they started getting questions from the media they didn't care. Now they are in the spotlight, its suddenly an issue enough to do something about it.

11. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    It's not Ubisoft's interest to prevent modders to improve the game. It would be an incredibly bad publicity.

It's normal they don't want their textures to be made public. If it's modder's texture or packed in a not openable file, then it probably will be ok.

TheWorse, you could already release 0.8 alone, and people that have the previous Maldo version could make their private merge if they want (if published, not forget to mention all the modders).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  12. Selvec

Selvec Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    Well its MalDO's stutter fix. Which is a changed texture. So make of that what you will I guess.

13. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Not really. It's quite the same textures, without mipmaps and stuffs. It's not brand news textures. It's not a problem for me if they do this fix with an official patch.

As I said, It would be illogic Ubisoft prevent us to show what they really did, and make their game more sellable. Console versions are already sold.

Honestly, it's a game I don't want to pirate. The multi part is so fun !

14. iSimilaXi

iSimilaXi Guest

GPU:
    inno3D nVidia GTX680
    I can't seem to unpack common.dat file
    can defaultthreadingconfig pack along with patch folder ? I still can pack/unpack patch.dat , if yes , can you upload default_____ file?

15. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Right, well once this MOD is uploaded I will be loading it onto torrent sites, newsgroups and rapidshare - then we will see how they stop us. Just use the tech against them.

16. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Not a good idea to defy Ubisoft. They could completely block their game to modding in reaction. It's not difficult to remove unused code.

Just ask them to optimize their textures in a future patch, that's all. If maldo could, why not them ? A "Very High" texture's setting would be simple to add. The same than ultra, but compressed and resolution's reduced for example.

If Maldo decides to create new textures, they'll probably allow this, as well as unused effects activation patches, as it doesn't publish their assets, protected by legal intellectual property.

Code, assets are thing you can't copy and publish, it's normal. It's illegal. On the other hand, you can add or replace things, which is perfectly legal as it doesn't allow cheating.

Maldo's fix publish Ubisoft's textures, slightly modified, not graphically, but technically.

17. Sub

Sub Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB
    Does anyone have VAAS's Ubi patch/TW/LowDOF link?

18. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Sorry I only have VAAS's Ubi patch/TW/MediumDOF

19. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    4K + Lighting + Colorgrading + My new sweetfx preset + Ultra settings + 2xTXAA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. WeSbO

WeSbO Guest

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    I have a favor to ask. Would anyone be kind enough to upload a default non modified gamerprofile.xml ?
    Deleted it after the patch, and the game doesn't want to regenarate one and just crashes my graphic card drivers -_- ... and I can only find modified ones to download (without hud and that makes my controller go crazy shooting by itself and stuff...). I've searched the forum but have been unsuccessful.
    Please that would be great. Thanks alot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.