SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    This is still boulotaur's injector but with updated shaders (to 1.5.1) plus Chromatic Aberation done by K-Putt. This may not fix his issue at all to be quite honest.

2. Demuny101

Demuny101 Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X / 2GB
    Using SweetFX for Watch Dogs (RadeonPro), but now it crashes on startup.

3. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    So I disabled all overlays and edited the watchdogs.exe to run as administrator and vista compatabilty mode as well as enabled sweetfx in radeon pro and now it doesn't crash to desktop on start.

I can't launch the game through radeon pro though (is that necessary?). When I launch it through radeon pro it just opens up uplay and I have to manually click play in uplay. Also I'm not totally sure if its working because I set the sweetfx hotkey to screen lock, but when I press it in game it doesn't do anything. Shouldn't I see sweetfx enable and disable when I hit that key?

I think I notice a difference though, but I'm not totally sure. Whats going on here? I went into the log.log file and it does have a log of SMAA or something being enabled successfully.

4. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Go to the watchdogs.exe and right click and go to properties. Set compatability mode for vista and check off run as administrator. Also disable all overlays (OSD, Fraps, Steam, Uplay, etc)

That should help.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014

5. Demuny101

Demuny101 Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X / 2GB
    Nope, didn't work.

6. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Hmm try the other compatability modes such as Vista SP1. Also do you have the 64 bit dll's overwritten the 32 bit ones in the watch dogs bin folder?

I'm not a pro, as you see I'm having problems with mine too. I finally got mine to stop crashing to desktop on startup today, but I'm not sure if it's working.

Does sweetfx make the game darker or brighter? I'm trying to figure out if mine is even on.

7. Demuny101

Demuny101 Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X / 2GB
    SweetFX makes games usually darker, but blacks will look blue-ish. Mine stops crashing to desktop when I switch to 32 bit mode in RadeonPro.

8. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Hmm well then maybe mine is working. I just don't know why I can't toggle it with my hotkey. It's strange.
    Does changing Radeon Pro to 32 bit mode make it not crash? Do you have sweetfx selected in the settings as well as pointed to the sweet fx folder? After that it allows you to check off the enable sweetfx box for the profile.

9. Demuny101

Demuny101 Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X / 2GB
    yes, 32 bit works, but SFX does not. I have checked the rest, and they are completely normal.

10. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    SweetFX only makes the game darker if you use settings that make the game darker.....

You can crank up curves which will probably make the image darker. You can crank up gamma which will make the game brighter...

11. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Ahh ok thanks man. Well if anyone has any idea why I can't toggle sweetfx in game it would be appreciated. I'm using it along side TheWorse mod. View my post above for more details.

12. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
  13. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    This line..

"With this, for Nvidia GPU card users can use SweetFX with 64bit games under Windows 8.1 64bit "

Is that actually true? Because I've not seen even one person come on here and state anything about RadeonPro not working with 64bit for Nvidia. I've also seen plenty of people on Nvidia cards use RadeonPro's SweetFX with 64bit games.. :p

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  14. ern88

ern88 Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080
    I don't have a clue how to open it or even use it on watc dogs. Need some help!!!

15. jacksparrow012

jacksparrow012 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Nvidia GTX 770 2GB
    really tired with this thing
    always gave me this warning
    Error: RadeonPro Support Service communication error
    Start RadeonPro Support Service and try again

16. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Any official word of when SweetFX or whatever will be fully Windows 8.1 compatible? It has been so long! Only thing I miss about Windows 7.

With that said, will try out the above.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  17. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Crosire is re-writing his injector and renaming it, there is no ETA on when it will be ready.

18. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    It's worth noting that SweetFX is so important to me, that this is the single and only reason I haven't updated to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 yet.

That's the difference you guys make, Ceejay and Crosire :)

19. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --

Update and just use radeon pro
    BF4
    bf hardline
    Crysis 3
    Watchdogs
    they alll work

20. Shabadoo

Shabadoo Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080TI
    I'm interested in this can't you just post the method so everyone doesn't have to jump through hoops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.