MSI Afterburner 3.0.1 Official(2014-06-10)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Devilll

Devilll Member

GPU:
    GV-N670OC-2GD
    Thanks to everyone who helped!! It works!! and now the desktop makes screenshots and video player with all browsers and koneshno with games!!

2. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Clicking OSD in monitoring and Additional OSD properties bug also causes games like BF4 and BF4:Hardline not to load. I've been reporting this for a while now and linked to the Battlelog discussion. I've updated to the latest NV beta drivers just today and the issue still persists with this latest stable build.

This problem occurs with all monitoring tools like EVGA Precision X, so I do not know what the fix is. I have to completely close MSI AB to play these games.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Guys, PLEASE search. Think. Read. Think again. If you do all that and cannot find solution THEN you have all rights to complain that you're reporting something important and evil developer ignore your valuable feedback. Otherwise you can blame nobody but yourself for missing documented solutions.
    It is clearly stated in RTSS documentation that it is STRONGLY NOT recommended to use 64-bit OSD functionality in conjunction with ANY OTHER 64-bit OSD software. Recent Origin update damaged compatibility with multiple OSD tools. It is not specific to AB OSD, the same applies to Playclaw OSD for example.
    As a workaround you can use stable Origin version instead of latest beta with corrupted OSD compatibility, you can disable Origin overlay for those applications, finally you can disable MSI AB OSD for them. You have 3 different and working solutions, you just need to read, nothing else.

4. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Thanks. I will uninstall the Origin beta and try disabling the overlay feature first.

5. Unwinder

Disabling Origin in-game overlay in BF4 properties is the fastest solution.

6. Ltmatt

Ltmatt Guest

GPU:
    HIS Ice-Q 7950 Crossfire
    Unwinder, does force constant voltage have any effect on AMD R9 290 cards? I know it used to work on Tahiti cards.

7. Unwinder

As the context help is saying, it apply to certain voltage controller models only, which provide independent 2D/3D voltage control. 290 series voltage regulators use offset mode.

8. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
    Hey guys!

What's the correct way to update AB and RTSS?

I in the past have been uninstalling and saving settings.

Can I just install over the old version or AB and RTSS?

Going from 3.0.0 and 6.1.1 to 3.0.1 and 6.1.2.

9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Uninstall and save. Reinstall into the same folder name as previous is how I suggest it be done. Never tried over top install.

10. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    Unwinder thanks for everything, the only thing missing rigth now is RTSS stealth mode for 64 bit apps, so it can be used alongside Sweetfx and RadeonPro.

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Steam overlay and AB will not work together it is a known compatibility issue mentioned on Steam.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Same goes for Origin. The most recent beta that EA release screwed up compatibility with AB again.

13. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
    Hey Unwinder I asked a while ago if MSI Afterburner will suport recording Mantle in RTSS.
    You mentioned that they haven't released the SDK, now that they have on May 1st released the Mantle SDK beta how are you going with this at this time?

I don't know what beta they are on, I hope your working on it to have the best software when it does become a feature that they release.

I tweeted AMD about this and they replied that recording will be available this year with apps like fraps :)

Here is the link to the tweet! https://twitter.com/Astrix_au/status/468718434620936192

Really looking forward to this as the r9 290x just isn't great running DX11 the FPS jumps up and down.

When running Mantle the GPU's stay at 100% and always give max fps.

14. Unwinder

Read what they said carefully. It WILL BE possible to START ADDING support to FRAPS (and AB) AFTER public release of Mantle SDK this year.

15. orangewoolcry

orangewoolcry Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    when can we expect an update for evga precision x its been quite a while and id love for a k-boost fix , meaning the issue when while having k-boost active theres no gpu nor vpu usage shown, thanks

16. Unwinder

Ask EVGA.

17. calob0903

calob0903 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2gb
    Is it ok to boost my fan speed to 70%?

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You can put your fan speed to whatever setting you want.

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  20. zefs

zefs Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Thanks, and finally out of beta :p