After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    I have a DoF-less version of the mod right here, but it's pre-patch. Let me upload it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zv86f5b9e4l17ol/v0.7b+Normal+Camers+&+no+DoF.zip

So as you can see, someone did it before. Dunno who though.

Now if someone could join this with the patches...:)

PS: Oh and it's not really the same thing, is it? The mod introduces DoF for gameplay. That wasn't there in the vanilla game, safe for the cockpit-view. There must be a way to turn this new effect off...and apparently there is. ^^

2. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X

So you want to keep cutscene depth of field but keep game play depth of field?

I don't think that is possible. The depth of field for TheWorses "mod" just changes the parameters for the shader and re enables it into the game.

So you are saying you want the normal game depth of field (practically nothing), keep cutscene depth of field, and have only slight bloom and lighting changes from TheWorse's tweaks?

3. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO MIX THE UBISOFT UPDATE WITH TheWorse MOD,PLEASE REPLY GIVE ME A LINK OR SOMETHING.THANKS.

4. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    That is correct.

I can even explain why: I wear glasses and are near-sighted. When I take my glasses off, I have DoF in real life lol. I don't need this ingame. ^^ It is legit for cutscenes, but anything else is too much for me.

5. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    Very informative information, we should compile this so that TheWorse and MaLDo can add an option for this in the configurator.

And yes I would be interested in learning to tweak the shadow resolution, thanks!

6. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb

Really i cant see any difference in on/off DoF during cutscenes, can you pls post a screenshot comparing??

DoF just give focus to things in your sight, dont confuse this with blur

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  7. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I'd say all you can do now is wait for whoever made the pre-patch version to make a post-patch version.

Because until we get a configurator that can alter the DOF as a toggle, you either have to unpack and do it yourself, or ask someone to do it. That's why I say for now i'd setting for using the ingame settings. :/

8. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    Easy. This is without the mod (I've put the original patch files in) and it shows a cutscene, first with DoF disabled in the options, then enabled:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd say the difference is pretty much obviousl. ;)

I don't. I just don't like things to go out of focus during gameplay. My eyes do this anyway. Any kind of forced out-of-focus feels like I took my glasses off. ^^

In cutscenes, in movies, this is a camera effect and totally okay. I don't wanna look around, I wanna focus on what the game cutscene maker though would be important.

9. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    okay so no one want's to help me :'(

10. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb

Simply enable/disable whenever you want, it's just 2 clicks ;)

11. rikyy

rikyy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 1228/3250
    Maldo's fix got deleted?

12. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
  13. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    Nah, I guess I'm going to chose an even simpler method: I will not use the mod for now. The Worse as well as Kadzait promise multiple presets and I hope there will be at least one without the new DoF. ^^

14. immortalhate

immortalhate Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 770 2gb
    wow those are some nice mods anyone have a link to the best looking one tho?

15. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb

16. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    No need to install the update just put that into your data_win64 folder and you are good to go:banana:

17. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    okay thanks alot bro.

18. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    what do you need help with?

19. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    just how to mix the ubisoft udate and TheWorse mod,but i think it's solved,thanks for asking :)

20. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    you have to get ricks gibbed tools from xentax forums, paste them in WD directory, and drag patch.fat to gibbed.unpack.exe

do this for VAAS patch.fat and Maldo Patch.fat youll have patch_unpack folder I think for each after, know which are which and find the dof file from VAAS under \data_win64\patch_unpack\generated\databases\generic

I think its cameracontext.lib, I could be wrong, but if someone can confirm this. and paste that into the same folder after unpacking Maldo patch.fat and then drag unpack_patch folder to gibbed.pack.exe or whatever. Then rename patch_unpack to patch.fat and patch.dat (file extensions dont matter cause its already there by default)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.