After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Anyone?

2. Upright8infiniY

Upright8infiniY Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 WF OC 1550/7800
    Yeah Windows Aero. Some people disable it for games within the compatibility tab by selecting "disable desktop composition" not realizing it also disables the vsync. =]

3. Grestorn

Grestorn Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 680 / 4 GB
    Set Timescale and other options

As someone else mentioned, you can set about ANY setting directly in your own GamerProfile.xml, overriding the default game setting AND the patch/mod settings.

Since TheWorse and Kad are both changing the Timescale, and I don't like that, I investigated how to revert that to the default value.

If you're interested here the necessary info:

• Find the file "GamerProfile.xml". You can find it in the directory Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\<long sequence of numbers and letters>
    • Edit that file with your favourite text editor
    • Find the line that starts with <GameProfile
    • Add the following value: TimeScale="30" right after GameProfile. The start of the line should look something like this: <GameProfile TimeScale = "30" Sensitivity=...
    • Save the file
    • IMPORTANT: Set the file to "read only". Otherwise the game will ovewrite the file every time you leave it and you'll lose all your changes. But remember: that also means that the game can't save any other change you make in the game options.

Timescale 30 is the default value. TheWorse uses 65. I guess the value is a factor to real time, i.e. the value 1 would mean that a day lasts exactly 24 hours.

Other values you can add:

Hour, Minutes and Seconds: The time the game starts after loading. So if you'd prefer the game to start in the night, just set Hour="20". The default is 14:00

GodMode that's self explanatory

Using the same principle you can change about ANY setting that is controlled via XML files in the game.
    I increased the shadow map resolution to 4096 this way. It's a little bit more complicated to do that, but if anyone is interested, I'll explain it, too.

4. Upright8infiniY

Upright8infiniY Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 WF OC 1550/7800
    Very cool, thanks Grestorn!

5. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    im pretty sure they planned this for a DLC, i would have :)

It will be really interesting seeing that their Physics System would be capable of simulating even the friction difference on the cars in the snow, though of course they would have to arcade it also down somewhat else it wouldn't be really fun hehe ;)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  6. Assasin321

Assasin321 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680M 16GB VRAM

7. Victim_Crasher

Victim_Crasher Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1 GB
    Dayum... some juicy information :D
    Thanks a lot bro :D

(No SS right now.... maybe later :) )

Oh yeah for performance... i discovered that i can play the game with FPS 60 and no stuttering at lowest config possible and with 800x600 resolution :)

8. Assasin321

Assasin321 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680M 16GB VRAM
    Side note can anyone help me setup SweetFX 1.5 with RadeonPro on Windows 7 Pro.

I have tried using SweetFX config and Radeon Pro i followed the guides on YouTube but all i get is no activation ingame via the hotkey or WatchDogs not responding on start up.

Launching both as Admin, with legitimate, Uplay copy.

I am honestly stuck for ideas, anyone had a similar hardship setting up SweetFX?

9. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    Does Anyone Know where i can download the watch dogs udate for cracked version (R.G. Mechanics). and how can i mix it with TheWorse mod?

10. Black Iceberg

Black Iceberg Guest

GPU:
    GTX780 Ti 3Gb 2xSLI
    And the progress is totally stopped...

11. shaaagz

shaaagz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6970 2GB
    How do i get the updated files?

How can i get the updated files to work with my Watchdogs updated on uPlay?

12. Black Iceberg

Black Iceberg Guest

GPU:
    GTX780 Ti 3Gb 2xSLI
    Just copy/paste them in your "data_win64" and overwrite originals with them.

13. tekniq

tekniq Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 770 2 GB (EVGA
    is there a way to disable the highlighting of bridges? (the white lines.. )

14. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Hi mate

I just tried running borderless window (with windows aero on and then off so it was vsynced and then not vsynced)...... and I still much prefer running fullscreen with "vsync 2" at a locked and steady 37fps. Just feels so much smoooother.

If you monitor overclocks to 80hz as you say (without frame skipping? Nice) then you should definitely try vsync 2 in game options menu. You will get a steady vsync locked 40 frames per second then, which a 290 should be able to achieve?

15. iRhyiku

iRhyiku Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670 OCEdition
    Has anyone got a mirror for the Stutter Fix 2.0?
    The MEGA link doesn't seem to be working for me..

16. Mr. Blonde 609

Mr. Blonde 609 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 OC 2GB
    You've showed your true colors. You have no proof, you have signs of evidence. If someone would've come her and did the same thing you did just one day before your mod, it wouldnt make you a thief automaticly, would it?

17. WarrenCKC

WarrenCKC Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE 2GB
    @ Cru_N_cher

Wow, I never really took any attention to other civilians clothes and to my knowledge I don't remember them to be this detailed. If you didn't tell that these screenshots were all non modded results, I would have have been certain that you used some third party ultra textures for the civilians' clothes. I take a closer look the next time I play Watch Dogs but I'm pretty sure the civilians' clothes look better in your game than mine.

18. aroy3639

aroy3639 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 750ti
    The link for MALDO'S Stutter fix 2.0 on page 133 on this forum is not working .....

Can anyone please provide a working link ??

19. Black Iceberg

Black Iceberg Guest

GPU:
    GTX780 Ti 3Gb 2xSLI
    Grestorn, thank you!!!

20. Krakenous

Krakenous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 2GB
    Waiting for updates...been a while.

Any progress on E3 2012 Explosion?

Thread Status: