How to Mod Watch Dogs entirely - Full Tutorial

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by AlphaZ, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Gurumbada

Gurumbada Member

GPU:
    gtx 680 / 2G
    I draged *****_converted.xml file to Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe, then ****_converted_converted.fcb file generated. And I changed the file name to ****.lib

I don't know why , but it worked fine to me... Though I'm not sure..

2. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I wonder how widespread the gibbed tools are? I was just trying out gibbed.red for Witcher 2 at nexus. Same process just with different file extensions.

3. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    * bump *

Forgive me for bumping my own post, but I see other posts here too about the "__UNKNOWN" folder and how to pack it back. Is there really no-one here who knows?

4. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    ^ If you didn't edit any files in that folder, there's no reason to include it in the patch. If you did however; I'd imagine that it would pack with all other modifications as long as you keep them under the same directory.

5. mixxlegend

mixxlegend Guest

GPU:
    hd 7770 1gb
    u tryed that but Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe crashing after i drag *****_converted.xml...sometimes i get *****_converted.fcb on smaller files,then i rename it to *****.lib and put all back and when i pack it all and copy patch.dat/fat, then game crashing at begining...

6. tank1

tank1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Yesterday converted most of textures in a few go's, would say maybe slightly disappointed as textures are in low quality ... 512x512 ... 1024x1024 was expecting something like 2048x2048.

Also if needed I may try to write converted back from DDS to XBT.

This is the converter and don't forget that you can select multiple textures at once :), there isn't progress bar so wait till messagebox will come out stating "Done !".
    rghost(dot)net/56498670

Actually now the most interesting part would be to convert meshes. There is some progess on xentax forum ...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  7. EIREXE

EIREXE Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 780
    Has anyone been able to load the lua scripts of the e3 demo?

8. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Oh wonder oh wonder they share the same Rendering Core (Dunia 2) basically the same dataformat with some minor differences based on their different Game approaches ;)

And most probably without Rick their would be no kadzait24 or theworse modding anything @ all and had access to the engine data files even and those people who do really the real hard RE work get ignored by mass media the most but they argue about kadzait24 and theworse it's just pathetic.

I don't want to downgrade kadzait24 and theworse work being not as hard understanding the logic of the Engine isn't in itself easy and takes time to go through all the data (now accessible) and find connections understanding the inner working of the Engine and it's data structure, but make everyone more aware of the fact that everyone is putting effort in this and overall we try to reach the same goal and their is no best in here just a equal part of people trying to enhance something and learn some more @ the same time :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  9. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Apparently there is a forum called XenTaX dedicated to the editing of game archives.

So far I know of:
    - watch dogs
    - sleeping dogs
    - far cry 3
    - naruto uns3 full burst
    - witcher 2

All use similar tools to unpack the games' files, but as I've said before, the only difference is in the file types used.

10. Graphicscore

Graphicscore Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 760 2 GB
    I can't create a patch file that works properly. For example I downloaded the "TheWorse E3" Mod and unpacked it with Gibbed Tools, then I directly repacked it so I changed nothing but the .dat file instantly got some KB bigger and if I try to launch the game it crashes am I doing something wrong ?

11. AllMac

AllMac Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Anyone knows how to disable interactive objects, like bridges, intersection lights or anything else for that matter from flashing?

Cheers.

12. Selvec

Selvec Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    XenTax is pretty amazing place. Highly underrated. I have a login to it from when I was trying to mod Kingdoms of Amalur. Very cool stuff. Unfortunately you do need a login to download the tools and such hosted there, and they require you donate to them to get a login.

13. Android

Android Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
    Hello All I Am new Here. I Want To Mod my Watch Dogs But the problem is I Can't Unpack windy_city.fat and common.fat Whenever i drag and drop any of the .fat files on gibbed.disrupt.unpack.exe it opens and crashes. I am Running Windows 8.1 x64 Bit.

Thanks In Advance :)

14. mixxlegend

mixxlegend Guest

GPU:
    hd 7770 1gb
    download Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 :)

15. Android

Android Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
    Thanks But it's still not working :(

16. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Hey Alphaz I m stuck here. ... I really dont know where am I suppose to type this:"Gibbed.Disrupt.Convertxml --xml windy_city.game.xml"
    Help Please

17. mixxlegend

mixxlegend Guest

GPU:
    hd 7770 1gb
    ^ copy windy_city.game.xml in same dir where is Gibbed.Disrupt.Convertxml.exe then open my computer (not totalcommander or something third...) and go in that dir, now press and hold shift(left or right) and press right click and chose "Open command window here" and now you paste "Gibbed.Disrupt.Convertxml --xml windy_city.game.xml" without "" :)

anybody know how to compile lib file back after editing? Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe always crashing after pasting ****_converted.xml

18. Android

Android Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
    Can You Fix the Link Of "how to Modify The Visuals".

19. Nicistarful

Nicistarful Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 660 3GB EVGA
    EDIT: Problem solved

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  20. Android

Android Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
    Btw can anyone tell me where to find Nextgen water Etc. Forgot where i saw that I Changed it to 2048 and OMG Water looks so real And There's no lines in water (I am Playing Watch Dogs on R9 290 OC'ed to 1000/1300)..