Kadzait24 Watch Dogs MOD ( Game Files + XML ) WIP and download

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by kadzait24, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I wish Ubi didn't remove the original Focus effect, it looked radical. It only appeared in the E3 2012 footage, it was gone when they showed the PS4 premier.

2. Joe Pae

Joe Pae Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x 2gb
    I can only go agree with this one ^^
    in fact im more trying to found how disable the "highlights help" , evitate the use of so much pagefile than search how put an smoke an light or an ground more clean
    i see than styckx was interested too for this modification , but unfortunately not so much member here looks interested of what he say

3. Saikusu

Saikusu Guest

GPU:
    Why are these guys that don't even like the mods talk on here? Enjoy your Vanilla? Like what's the point.

And Kadzait check your youtube messages plox.

4. Joe Pae

Joe Pae Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x 2gb
    cause some people try it and give their opinion :) what is an forum in fact

5. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TRI-X OC
    Go on then GET! dont post here its simple

6. Serba

Serba Guest

GPU:
    7870 ghz edition 2go
    where download this mod please ???

7. UncleBadTouch

UncleBadTouch Guest

GPU:
    GTX 790 3GB
    downtown you're wrong about him. I got my password. There are bugs for me but it looks incredible.

8. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    It's not really about disliking their mods, it's about their behavior.

9. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Guest

GPU:
    TriSli 780ti
    Will do, im a bit busy now lol, sorry for the delay!

10. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    "Yeah let's talk how crap these mods are, no calling them mods is a blasphemy, lets call them tweaks, ON A GODDAMN MODDING THREAD." "Seriosuly I didn't see your 5.0 but I can talk as if I did and assume it is not different than 1.0 when it was just .xml stuff; and I will go on a limb here and say it SUX, TW sux too you know, ofc saying that just to show you I am objective and neutral in modding BUT VANILLA RULEZZ"

YEAH GTFO from here and from TW's thred as well F*** OFF already

11. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    how do i get this version to try out?

12. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    I didn't get a link to download btw, I'm a beta tester too, messaged you on FB minutes ago.

13. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Guest

GPU:
    TriSli 780ti
    Update:

I found out with 2 users that using official patch and my mod after it, makes my mod void at a lot of modifications, and makes bugs as well. So , i will try to see the patch contents and tweak it , for the people that updated the game.

Patch messes up a lot of stuff. Other people without patch only saw 1 bug thats the one im having as well. Some weird cones showing at specific parts of the map, randomly not all the time.

Im also figuring out that bug, it could be due to a lot of shading and new stuff turned on that reacts to some geometry the wrong way.

One of the reasons ubi devs released the game with such cap on it.

Later comes optimization, devs work too. They just didnt have enough time or didnt really want to release it the correct way.

Now i will try to merge official patch modifications with my mod and see if i can make it work together correctly, also i will try to optimize it by keeping the same visuals.

14. apple890

apple890 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Hey I added you on skype/facebook, can you give me the password? Thanks!

15. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    I have patched the game what should I do? Removing their patch.dat and patch.fat will do?

16. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Give it a rest and let TheWorse and Kadzait24 do ther s... in peace !. Stop trolling dude ! You are embarrassing yourself ! Really !

17. CoolerEra

CoolerEra Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780M SLI
    where are the pictures of mod v5? :wanker:

18. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Interested.. Yes.. When it was new and I didn't know any of these guys.. I'm always impartial until shown to be otherwise. Eveyone is new once..

It didn't take long between both of them that there is just little to no substance with these mods. They got lucky, turned on some headlight shadows and edited other settings to rediculous amounts that look great in screenshots but are completely nauseating to play with.

Then it got press all over the web and what you see right now is both clinging on while the timer is at 14:59 of their 15 minutes of fame.

Look mom.. No mods. Just Vanilla+SweetFX and looks no different than what these two use as examples minus all the stupid DOF and overdone bloom.. And I'm not even cheating using Ultra textures.. This is just medium textures..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  19. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Guest

GPU:
    TriSli 780ti
    I suppose thats not the solution. Since people tried that and same outcome. Patch messes up the entire game for my mod at least. I will have to look into it and try to merge it.

Problem is i have Uplay game, if i update it, goodbye mod for me. Will have to patch it under other OS.

20. Sevlagoth

Sevlagoth Guest

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 770 2Gb
    Hello all,

First of all I would like to congratulate the effort of kadzay/alphaz in modding this game. Even if the assets were there it took work and skill to reactivate them, something I for sure couldn't do, so praise be given. In fact the news all over the media pointed to the worse mod. That's what I tested first. At the time there was something like, you abandoned your mod, so the worse picked it up and started modding the mod to add more features. It's pretty clear that his work is based on your work. Besides "pride" there's not much point in arguing who did what... I applause all efforts in making this game look better. :) As a side note, as soon as I applied the official patch from ubisoft, the worse mod 0.7 stopped working and the game went back to vanilla. All I had to do was to copy the files of the mod again to the game folder, overwriting what was there and launch the game. Everything works and I can play online, so I figure your mod will also work with the latest patch. :)

Also, from your videos on YouTube, your mod looks vastly superior to the worse mod. I hope you make it available soon.

In my humble opinion, the development team left this hidden potential in the game on purpose. Maybe after e3 2012, they were pressured by the console maker's to make the game look worse (similar to the possibilities of a PS4). They knew the pc community would eventually make available what they were forced to hide. The fact that the latest patch doesn't break or erase those graphics options, also points to this theory. I can imagine the Sony guy after the e3 presentation: this looks amazing, our console is a monster, bla, bla ! Ubisoft devs : er... Sir... This is impossible to achieve on the PS4... The demo was running on a high end pc... Money guy: WHAT?! ok, you're gonna downgrade that to be similar to what a PS4 can do and we give you xxx million dollars son :D deal?? But sir our ga... Shut up son, or we cut all funding.

Lol. I like conspiracy theories. Back on topic. Please testers post some videos of your experiences! I can't wait to try the mod!

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.