After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    No it's not if you own game and files from a different version it's ok.

2. Selvec

Selvec Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    Except the one from steam is bundled for steam, by steam and contains content exclusive to steam. So you still are committing piracy in steams eye's. To get a steam version you would need the steam exclusive content if nothing else.

3. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Why would Nvidia pay for the PC version not to be fixed? Sure, they will pay to disrupt AMD performance, but not the whole of the PC title.

4. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    It's not just that so they trick people to getting the Z or a GTX 780 Ti.Also that too making people forced to get nvidia.

5. iLLuMiNaTi

iLLuMiNaTi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Okay i'm waiting. :)

6. Selvec

Selvec Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    I think the aliens allied with lord sauron of mordor, and coerced the console gods into threatening ubisoft with annexation if they did not purposely lower the PC version, and thus create great strife for their sales margins and reputation in the PC industry.

Alternatively, I meet your theory with the theory of "Ubisoft are idiots".

7. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    I would hurt Ubisoft and Sony and Nvidia all at once if they was in a building and get a RPG and let it burn and fall and execute them.

[​IMG]

8. Selvec

Selvec Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    Your theory confuses me, and there for must be correct. I applaud your powers of crazy homeless man conspiracy theorist.

But on a real level, lets get back to the mod. There is a watch dogs discussion forum for this type of fun.

9. Jackhell

Jackhell Guest

GPU:
    gtx 760
    that looks bad, you prefer the brightness low or that is what the updated mods do?

10. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    True but someone here has to done more research to find the stuttering issue.Also can the ram be increased for game i hate not using my 32 gb ram.I've seen people say the game uses 2 or 3 gb ram i'm like what the ****.

11. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Make that another request :)

12. legacyyy

legacyyy Guest

GPU:
    GTX690
    TheWorse, I just registered to say thanks for your amazing mod. :cheers:

And I really hope everyone can get over the bashing and get back working together.
    Like this we will have a more improved mod, which everyone can take advantage of.

13. Selvec

Selvec Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    This is a good question, and one I'd love to know. I only ever seem to use 2.4gb's of RAM. I suspect that the RAM usage is based on the maximum amount of RAM you have, via some sort of equation. As to not cause issue with running items in the background. It seem's anyone with 16gb's of ram doesn't have much of a stutter if they have supporting equipment to sustain the load. But people with 8gb's almost universally suffer from performance issues.

I'd hazard a guess that because of the varying models the consoles almost assuringly release over their lifetimes, Ubisoft likely used an equation based on the total ram amount, to allow the game to run on all possible console variations. So if Microsoft or Sony release a larger variations of their consoles, with more ram, the game can take advantage of that Ram.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if the consoles need a fair amount of Ram available at all times to run their ridiculous background stuff.

14. Sub

Sub Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB
    @Victim_Crasher you should put a screenshot of your DOF so people can see the difference. Also does anyone else think this whole UFO/Space station idea should be taken somewhere else, cause it's somewhat off topic and has nothing to do with this mod and I don't believe The Worse would appreciate it.

15. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Actually I just did that yesterday, just for the curiosity's sake. But Maldo's stutter fix unfortunately doesn't help my performance at all, probably because I'm an unfortunate AMD user and some of the stuttering on my part is caused by even poorer AMD optimizastion. Be warned if you want to try out his tweaked textures though, they look too crisp due to the modifications he made, as if the game lacks some proper anti-aliasing. The version 2.0 is more bearable in terms of crispness but the textures are still kinda artifacting. Try it out for yourself and see if that helps you.

And no, please don't ask me to upload the combined version because the file size is huge and I don't have a good internet connection so that'd take ages.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014

16. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    What makes me wonder i think the next gen systems uses 3 gb ram for the games.And that could be the problem someone needs to make it use up to 8-64 gb ram.

17. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
    guys I have not updated the game by ubisoft .. there is already a mod that works with update from Ubisoft?

tnks

18. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    Also was thinking about reflections it's to much as in it's to shinny it needs to be tone if you want it more realistic.

19. Selvec

Selvec Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    Dammit, sitting at 95% on my download of MalDO's files, and its stuck saying "Temporary error, retrying"

Tried uploading to my cloud, but didn't work either. Yep, looks like I'm not getting this tonight. Sorry folks.

20. octomot

octomot Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD7870 2GB
    Hi TheWorse, thank you so much for your work! v0.7 helps me a lot. it runs smoother and looks fantastic. less shuttering even on ultra.
    but, what about FLYING? Is there a chance to become vehicles, like the police heli in your next releases? or spawn a rocketpack? :D
    anyway, keep up the good work :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.