After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chainspoon

chainspoon Guest

GPU:
    7800 Series
    Great modification! The graphics really improves a lot with that. However I wonder if it can enable more shadows in the game. I mean Aiden still gets no shadow when standing under some wall lamps and some other lights. The game would look more realistic if those shadows got enabled.
    By the way could the dof effect be enabled when Aiden is in a car? I know we need clear sight when driving fast, but I hope there is still a little blur to work as anti aliasing.

2. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
  3. aroy3639

aroy3639 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 750ti
    I am new to this forum ... a gamer from India .... and firstly I would like to say a HUGE thanks to TheWorse ........... u r a genius man ..... believe it or not its ur mod thats making me buy a new GPU ...... Great going ....and jus keep up the good work man ....highly appreciate it ...cannot wait to get ur 'COMPLETE' mod ....

Secondly....all those people requesting various things for TheWorse to include in the game ...need to chill out ...i mean seriously guys .... he is a modder ..not a whole UBISOFT company...he has already done wat ubisoft shud have done ...giv that guy some space to breath and stop asking insanely dubious demands ...... I believe his final product will be GREAT ..........

once again ...thanks man ..... u r great .... Jus keep updating the first page whenever u realease a new version/updated version !!!!

4. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Sorry to bug you, but can you do that focus to the 2nd driving camera (the camera above the car) like what you did to the first driving camera?

5. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    All driving cameras should have the focus enabled, can you post a screenshot??

6. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I agree if only they would make peace so they could combine their effort into making these mods the best that watch_dogs could ever have.

interesting because I also was partial to boss's DOF. Yet once I tried VAASs depth of field it turned out to be have a wider cone of focus which actually is much more to my liking. The only thing I wish he added was a walking camera to the cover camera and also add the running camera to both driving cameras (with a wider Cone of focus of course) I think those settings would be perfect for the DOF for me at least.

7. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I just tested your high patch that Jim 2.0 tried and commented about and my PC normally runs the game with medium Settings (especially with LOW LoD so it wit lag) but with your patch,dat and patch,fat using all high settings (water and reflections at ultra) stuttering was reduced considerably. This is even true when I turned ingame LoD setting to high. It ran with the same minimal stutter I already had before, I stead of adding lag and stutter (like it normally does) great work!

Would you mind sharing with us What exactly did you tweak without compromising too much eye candy?

Edit: woops late night double post

8. iamgamefreak

iamgamefreak Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    I can't get SweetFX to work after this update, no matter which version I try. Before this update it used to work perfectly via radeonpro. Can anyone share the sweetFX files working after the update on windows 8.1 please.

9. Scarlettimmy

Scarlettimmy Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 770 2 GB
    How dyou use SweetFX with WD?

10. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    The default driving camera has a good focus, but when you change it to over the car (second camera), the DOF is there while you're driving and doesn't have the same focus as the default driving camera. I see it's easily missed because I think most people drive with the default camera which is too much behind the car for me (Boss had this issue too, but he fixed it pre-Ubi patch). I gotta get some sleep, but I'll post a shot later on.

11. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    Ok, test now:

https://www.mediafire.com/?zziv57g1rkwe9gv

What i did was integrating my custom .xml settings in default high settings, so selecting ingame "high" you have a better balanced preset with less LoD but + texture quality for objects, having a strong gpu can give a good boost with this settings..

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  12. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    threads i don't like i usually ignore, perhaps try that?

13. Jackhell

Jackhell Guest

GPU:
    gtx 760
    was this uploaded?

14. Bl@ck_Thorne

Bl@ck_Thorne Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 3060 TI
  15. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli

16. mikeyca

mikeyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC 2GB
    I'm having the same issue. I'm pretty sure TheWorse is aware of it, but if by chance he's not sure what we mean, here's a video I made with the issue: youtu.be/RNxFNIdaS2Q

17. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I hope this will help to clear things out, and if someone doesn't believe the message you can ask a mod to show my messages to you.

*I'll reupload the image if I erase the personal info

About the mod I'm going through the final stages of editing the files so I'll add this and release 0.8 as fast as I can with the lens flares and such, just with the default anamorphic lensflare texture until I do it for 0.9 or even 1.0

18. mrmugen53

mrmugen53 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 SLI
    FYI, I just registered here to say this, but I might have found a way to help with the stuttering that people are seeing post-Ubisoft patch, at least on the uPlay version I have. Here is what I did.

Open uPlay
    Go to your Watch Dogs game
    Click the dropdown arrow next to Play
    Click "Verify files"
    When the verification finishes, it will say you have corrupted files
    Click repair, and when it's done you will be at vanilla WD (all previous modded patch.dat and .fat will be overwritten
    Install the combined TW 0.7+1.3 patch files
    Should run smoothly after maybe a couple stutters on the initial load

I was having really bad stutters before AND after the ubi patch, tried various different mod files and tweaks to no avail, but once I did verify it all seemed to work much better. I would imagine it might help on the Steam version too if you try "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" before installing the mods.

Let me know if anyone else sees improvements with this method. I haven't seen anyone mention it anywhere yet.

19. zatoichi23

zatoichi23 Member

GPU:
    Msi 770 2GB
    +1

Searched this thread for "HDR" as that's what it seems to be and there doesn't seem to be a fix.
    Is everyone focussing on outside prettiness or is it just a few people having this problem?

(msi 770 2gb & i5)

*edit* http: //forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4848645&postcount=3958

: embarrassed

20. xShafted

xShafted Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 2g VRam
    Right after I die, the loading screen would fade in & out through Aiden's phone. Now since the latest patch, it doesn't fade in through Aiden's phone anymore. Instead, it just "pops up" and Aiden is stuck standing there for about 1 second. Anyone else having this issue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.