After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigibr

luigibr Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB
    I have the same GPU as you, I am getting about the same FPS. Are you using Textures in Ultra? Try switching the GPU buffer to 2 and the Textures to high. It solved the stuttering issues for me.

2. jesped

jesped Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Hey TheWorse, do you think there's a way to disable this ****ty blood texture while playing?

[​IMG]

This "blood on the camera" effect is just lame.

3. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    Umm try not to get shot so much?
    :banana:
    sry.

4. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti

5. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'm just modding the graphics part, there are other modders that will do that for sure, I'm focusing on other things. And I'm not going on vacations anyway, at least not yet. I'll keep working on this to see what results I can get.

About the reflections they use a fake reflection texture which I can replace but its not going to be perfect anyways, but could be better. I'm not really sure but maybe there is a command to enable dynamic reflections to use paraboloid one instead.

6. WarrenCKC

WarrenCKC Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE 2GB
    Ok, except for those who follow each page of this thread (like me) nobody will probably see my comment but I'll say it anyway.

It doesn't matter if it's true that x stole from y or vice-versa, all this drama is pointless and unnecessary. What has been done is done and nobody can change that so arguing will do nothing but be a waste of time. I, for one, don't care who is telling the truth.

What I do care about and what I think is more important is who will post the best "mod/patch" for Watch Dogs, simple as that. I'll be one of the first to be on the lookout for Version 0.8 of TheWorse mod and see/test what's new but I'm also keeping an eye on Kadzait 5.0 mod too.
    If it turns out that Kadzait 5.0 mod is better and offer more features then I'll use his mod but if TheWorse releases another mod that appeals to me then I'll choose his. To put it short, the one who creates the best mod will win.

For example, TheWorse stated that one feature that could be available in one of his future mod is the ability to change the density of civilians and that's something that I'm really interested in and want to have in my game.
    On the other hand, I don't know if Kadzait 5.0 Mod will include this but he stated in his now closed thread that his mod could include "New building reflections" and "Improved wind and weather effects". If that were to be true then I'll totally be using his mod since that's something that appeals to me.

Anyway, that's just my opinion so you're free to agree or disagree with me.

On an added note, what I would really like TheWorse future mods to include are more added features other than the bloom, lighting and DOF. I don't know if it's possible but if one of those features could disable the game highlighting every hackable thing, that would really be a plus for me. It really helps at first that everything is highlighted to help the player know what is hackable or not but it really annoys me that, for example, a whole bridge is highlighted to show you that you can hack it.

7. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    blazing by a bridge at 150mph it flashes say ..twice by the time you're by it?

8. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    don't answer to these jerks,all of us appreciate your job :)

9. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    OOOOH!
    Your the best! Thank's. Don't worry about the fake reflexion. It's just my opinion.

10. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    If he means proper screenspaced reflections, I'm pretty skeptical that will ever happen. But I'd like to be proven wrong.

11. Huxdeluxe

Huxdeluxe Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 2 GB
    Fantastic. The bloom looks a lot better now.

12. ifx

ifx Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 OC
    I already love you for this.... BUT

If standing or driving through a light source such as a street light there is that "ball" of rain getting lit up that looks really really weird

Images (sorry, cant post direct links due to the post count):

*=tt

h*p://s7.directupload.net/images/140618/kpma86bh.jpg

h*p://s7.directupload.net/images/140618/3olo56xe.jpg

Is that just how it's supposed to be? Is it something with my rig/settings?
    I just cant get used to it...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  13. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Looks really cool (apart from the DoF but I guess I don't have to use it). :)

14. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

15. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli

16. totte1015

totte1015 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780
    I get NO differece after following your steps... Is there nothing I have to activate to get this to work?

I did the Ultra thing in the .xml document yet no difference :/

17. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti

18. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

19. TurboRotary

TurboRotary Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780Ti Superclocked
    I'm having an issue with the lights from cars not showing on the road when looking from certain positions.. Also as the cars drive the light that hits the road from them will flicker.

20. WarrenCKC

WarrenCKC Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE 2GB
    Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical about this too but I really hope that someone will be able to do it because even though some might not notice it at all, for me it's the little thing and attention to detail that counts and when they start to add up, it really do bother me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.