After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    dude..the stutter really is pain in the ass

i have GTX 780 and its stutter like hell on ultra and high too
    with the mod..i switch off and on vcync and i tried
    GPU max frame all numbers and all of them somtiems stutter like hell
    and some good fps 60 stable then locked to 30..

donno what to do

2. Koowall

Koowall Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    maybe you should try MolDo trick ?

3. sulleyboo0

sulleyboo0 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780ti SLI
    I know he is, and you are not his lawyer by the way and I'm not using space from your own computer so mind your own, please.

4. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    The DoF or the AA?

Should be in Documents/games/Watch_Dogs/

I have a 780 and i play 1440p i have no stutter unless i driver in very demanding areas. Make sure your AA is set low enough and Also your frame buffer might cause the stutter.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Indeed it is my friend.

Since ubisoft dont care about PC users I assume it will take a while before we get the patch that is suppose to fix the game. Mind you, the game really has potential, I love exploring the city, watch the scenery, play some minigames (by the way I didnt notice any stuttering while driving that car from hell minigame) and do missions.

So you can't really do anything besides waiting for the patch and I HOPE that the delay is because they want to make sure that the patch really solves the problems. If for example the stuttering is still there after the patch they'll have to expect a huge mob of angry gamers with pitchforks and torches outside their HQ screaming for blood :)

As totalbiscuit said, the problems are there for most users and on a huge variety of PC configurations but then there are some people that don't have stuttering problems at all (or just don't notice it). I can reduce the stuttering by lowering to High or Medium but i cannot eliminate it.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  6. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    good question

i need an answer too

7. sulleyboo0

sulleyboo0 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780ti SLI
    That's so sweet of your to post this. I just did exactly what you advised, however nvidia recommended SLI was already so I left it the way it is. I will give it a try later and see how it goes ad let you know. Thanks mcuh

8. Koowall

Koowall Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    So how this refers to this from fist page instruction ?

In order to use my ultra preset you must go to your gamerprofile.xml located in (/documents/My Games/Watch_Dogs/YOUR_PROFILE/gamerprofile.xml)

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wow, did you guys notice that this thread has over 1m views? Guru3D hit the jackpot.

10. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    version 0.8, the configurator and TheWorse' weekend holiday and welcomed return still to follow.

11. ricko99

ricko99 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 AMP
    How can i force SMAA through radeonpro? seems like it's not working for me

12. zefs

zefs Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Firstly, just wanted to say thank you to TheWorse for this great discovery and mod.
    I just wanted to ask if it's normal that I am not seeing an improvement in performance/shuttering after using the mod on my 780.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes, it's normal. Some users have reported a few fps gains but Theworse mod was not a permanent solution to the stuttering. You'll have to wait for the official patch sometime in 2020.

14. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I'm running the game at 1080p, v0.6 (DOF and motion blur disabled) with SweetFX, vsync disabled, single GPU only. I get about 40-50fps day-time and 30-40fps night-time. GPU and vram usage are maxed out. But it's still fairly playable. I bet if I enabled SLI it would stutter.

15. Mr. Blonde 609

Mr. Blonde 609 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 OC 2GB

I have the exact same problem, also in tunnels. Its night and rainy when i enter but inside of the tunnel its bright evening without rain.

Please "The Worse" patch this in the next release, you're doing so well. Thank you and please people quote this, that "The Worse" sees this issue!

Here is also a video of the problem:

www youtube com/watch?v=aFBI6IvAYVw&feature=youtu.be

16. CordovanSplotch

CordovanSplotch Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX660
    I can't seem to get it to work at all, my game keeps crashing at boot-up both when launching from Steam and when launching from UPlay.
    I tried reverting the gamerprofile.xml file to it's original state to see if I had somehow screwed up there, but no dice, it still crashes.
    This is what I got out of the crash notification.
    EDIT: Update - Deleting the patch.dat and fat files from the game didn't help, so it seems like it isn't the mod that's a problem. Time to check cache integrity I guess.

17. LazyPoet91

LazyPoet91 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760/2GB
    yes exactly

18. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI

This thread is more addictive than crack. :)

TheWorse - I'm keenly following and using your mod, and love what you're trying to do still.

But, a word of caution. Don't lose sight of what you're trying to do. Ie make the game look better.

In those 2 screenshot comparisons with the lighting tweak - the vanilla shot looks better. For numerous reasons, it just does, and you no doubt know it.

Don't get obsessed with changing things just because you can. Concentrate on the stuff that's needed

19. jaredpace

jaredpace Active Member

GPU:
    4890 975/1150

I have this exact same issue.

See here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFBI6IvAYVw

Please fix this

20. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX