After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've just tried this mod tonight along with completely maxed out settings at 1920x1200, including Ultra textures and TXAAx4, and not only is the game far less stuttery than before (there is still a little hitching while driving though) on those same settings but the lighting and DOF are fantastic and really enhance the game beyond what was there by default. Thanks TheWorse. I really do think the DOF adds to the game while also masking distant pop in.

The only side-effect is the odd bit of flickering on shadows and car headlights but it's no big deal. The question is will these "mod" be officially added back into the game because there is no apparent performance penalty even with cars casting shadows from Aiden. In fact the game seems to run better for me even though I am capped at 30 FPS until the stutter fix patch comes out.

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    KAZ fixed shadows and worse 0.7 mod far camera.

Everything needs to be set to ULTRA for this to work as intended.
    Low,Medium,High not set up for kaz shadows .
    put the files inside your data_win64 folder
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/63zb8axu8p83dg9/KAZ+fixed+shadows+and+worse+0.7+modt.7z

3. Baloeb

Baloeb Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Is there anything special I need to do to uninstall this? Or do I just delete the two files and change the gamerprofile back? It looked good and didn't stutter, but it noticeably lowered my frame rates. And I hate screen tearing. I'd rather go stock and be at 60 fps most of the time.

4. Seguleh

Seguleh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Here: v0.7 + Stock DoF

I know. Its retarded people asking for so much DoF up close, even in real life stuff doesn't look that blurry so close, maybe at 500mts or 800mts. Less if you have really bad eye sight.

5. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    Would this also include the "Faster DOF Focus" Versions by VAAS?

6. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Hey VAAS,
    I installed your mod (Copied patch files over to the correct folder) and launched the game. I closed the game, opened the XML and forced Quality to Ultra, put the file to read only and started the game. The visuals work, but it will never rain.

I deleted my XML and let the game create one. I went in game and set the Ultra preset.
    I opened my XML and the quality was set to Ultra by itself, but now the renderrain"1" is now missing.

Removing the mod allows the game to rain.

Any idea's? Maybe you could reupload your mod, and maybe with your XML file?

Thank you.

7. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    wow looks good
    Would you share your settings

8. Cuban Legend

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I agree I like the speed of DOF Focus/Unfocus that VAAS has been able to edit.

VAAS has made versions of the 0.7b with "Faster DOF Focus" for the Normal and Far Camera so far. I wonder if he's made one for the Close Camera yet?

9. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Hey VAAS,
    I installed your mod (Copied patch files over to the correct folder) and launched the game. I closed the game, opened the XML and forced Quality to Ultra, put the file to read only and started the game. The visuals work, but it will never rain.

I deleted my XML and let the game create one. I went in game and set the Ultra preset.
    I opened my XML and the quality was set to Ultra by itself, but now the renderrain"1" is now missing.

Removing the mod allows the game to rain.

Any idea's? Maybe you could reupload your mod, and maybe with your XML file?

Thank you.

10. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
    sorry if it's already been talked about, but when the game starts is not ambient occlusion is hbao +, but the xml file is set up correctly.

any ideas?

11. DarkSidesHero

DarkSidesHero Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7990
    Too bright. Sign should be showing the color Yellow on it. Need to tone it down a bit.

12. brkbeatjunkie

brkbeatjunkie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
    I think the DOF is too strong in 3rd person mode, but not enough in driving mode.

That being said, I think you are genius for figuring this all out wtg! It runs better too!

13. brkbeatjunkie

brkbeatjunkie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
    Improved stuttering for me

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Holy crap ran out of popcorn by page 6.

15. Teriyaki

Teriyaki Guest

GPU:
    16gb Corsair
    Hello,

I think this mod is spectacular, I just want a few clarifications. Forgive me if they've already been mentioned. The three camera options, are they for DOF only? Or, are there any other differences? Also, can I use my own settings with this mod? Do I need to change my gamerprofile.xml in order for this mod to work? Or, can I keep my own settings and have it function properly?

One last question, do any of you guys have ideal SweetFX settings for this game? I'm new to all of this.

Thank you for your time.

16. Cuban Legend

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    OK WOW. TheWorse needs to see this, you fixed the DOF and made the walking camera DOF match the:
    -cover camera
    -aiming camera
    -driving camera

currently with the official 0.7b those 3 cameras have no DOF and you fixed the Focus Speed. Thanks! Could you consider making this edit for the Near and Far Camera versions too?... as long at TheWorse is okay with it, until he adds DOF to those other cameras.

17. soulunite

soulunite Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB
    I registered to Guru3D just to come here and say Thank You TheWorse! Installed this Mod last night and it is amazing.
    Keep up the great work! Can't wait for more updates.

18. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    As for now there is only 3 different cameras to choose. This will change after the configurator so please wait until then.

Now colorgrading is just a part for watchdogs lighting so I'll make changes and they will be for the default game. Colorgrading just applies to the lighting so you should not have problems with your sweetfx presets, however if you feel the game different with your sweetfx preset you'll have to modify it according to the new changes. Lighting changes will be optional.

19. iLLuMiNaTi

iLLuMiNaTi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Hey Kadz.

20. PolishTechGuy

PolishTechGuy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780GHz
    :bang:Dem kids.

Reported.

Thread Status: