Quit smoking

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by StewieTech, Jun 16, 2014.

1. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Ok well ive quit twice first time was for 7 years I went cold turkey one morning had a fag after I had a cold tasted like **** and didn't smoke since. I started smoking again when I lived out in Spain again but when I came back to the UK I tried giving up found it super hard plus hell as if im paying nearly £10 for a pack of ciggys so I went to see my doctor at the time who prescribed me the patches, puffer and the Nicorette mints second time quitting I found harder due to a lot of stress and going through depression not best time to quit but not I've not smoked close to 3 years I think now.

But down side was I put on a bit of weight what sucks for me being a large build since I was younger when I used to train a lot and do a lot of heavy manual work. I ended up picking up DDP yoga to help me out and I didn't put weight on and lost aload plus it helped me a lot with back problems and saved me visiting the neurologist to fix my shoulder.

2. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
  3. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    ^ Nice video

Good luck mate. You can do it!

4. deankevor

deankevor Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 OC 2GB
    You feel punching someone? lock yourself in your room until it's gone :p
    good job. Keep it up

5. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    just about to roll me a nice pollen bifter, poor guy.
    smoking is awesome, everyone should try.:)

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I had a friend who had a heart attack a month ago from smoking, rushed him to hospital via helicopter and the saw that his arteries where 99% clogged with plaque/smoke. had to put a stent in him

7. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    What a coincidence! Reduced my smoking to 1 sig a day now, which is quite tough to be honest. If you need to take out your frustration you might as well join me in an FPS ;) Good luck anyway, you'll notice the increased energy :D

8. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I have never smoked, but one friend is trying to quit smoking with e cigarette. He has tried to quit before with some other things, but no success. Been few weeks without smoking proper cigarette. Seems promising.

9. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm not a fan of cigs. I like a good cigar or some decent pipe tobacco on a special occasion, but even the smell of cigarette smoke disgusts me. Funnily enough that's one of the things people I know focus on after they've quit that helps them stay off it. You have no idea how bad it smells when you're used to it.

10. TheLastOfUs

TheLastOfUs Guest

GPU:
    GTX TITAN Z
    Yeah dude quitting is hard!

11. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Find someone with all 24 dvd boxes and watch them all without smoking anything.

When you're through, you dont need to smoke anymore

12. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    I think i'm going to quit smoking to after 22 years :toke: its time to stop.Good luck stewietech :)

13. daltoy

daltoy Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 220 (XFX)
    Ouch, I have never smoke but a couple of friends did, they told me it is really hard to quit because the problem is you get used to and is part of your daily rutine.

14. jason200089

jason200089 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 4gb FTW
    I've tried to quit so may times and failed. I just can't get past the first day. Its really hard.

15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Sounds good. You high bruh? :roll:

16. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    End of the day its well worth stopping best bit was the extra cash i had laying about but now i probably wont ever smoke again seeing my fathers on meds from being a heavy smoker 60 a day he has to use the electronic cigs now due to habbit but his doctors have told him smoking is not an option for him.

Also i had a friend of mine in Portugal she had a minor stroke from being a heavy smoker 40 a day and she's in her early 30s now she's having to quit for her health and daughter.

17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
  18. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    It has been now 7 days since my last cig. I don´t have strong feelings or urges to smoke anymore despite the fact that i still feel the need for a cig all the time. I think now i need to be vigilant.

19. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    airways bubble gum what ever they are called helped me loads

20. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    'Gawn Yerself' StewieTech...as they say in Scotland.

I know how it feels to quit too.

I stopped cold turkey from 10 to 20 a day and do you know what ? It was easy !

Well it wasn't eeeeeeasy but it was no where as hard as people try to tell you it is.
    I thought about it like this...I want to stop so I will.

Many people don't really want to stop so try and fail.

Keep it up and f*ck the evil tobacco companies, they ain;t getting your hard earned money any more! :)