After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s3baman

s3baman Guest

GPU:
    7970 3GB
    Just watched the video. While he brings very valid points concerning Ubisoft and how they handled this so called downgrade, he makes it sound like the work you put it was minimal. I followed this thread since the first day and I saw the amount of time you invested. A shame that he didn't acknowledged that especially since he's probably the guy with the biggest PC following.

2. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    i see... :)

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
  4. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Thanks Maldo.

Just one question, as your patches are using the same folder name as the Theworse mod, How can we able to enjoy both,your patch and the worses' patch?

Thanks.

5. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 2GB
    Hi, just registered to say that I noticed that the latest 0.7 mod has again those "Toy Story" colors :D The old ones from 0.6 look like those from E3.

6. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    After watching all the news and people talking about this I've decided to prolongue the delay to new releases, I've dedicated too much time for this and it's time to reduce the hours spended on it, due to too many people complaning.

And Colorgrading was better for some people before because I based my own preset on E3's video.

7. kmanrambo

kmanrambo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R290 Oc'd
    Sure, my summary thus far.

All settings other than texures set as high as possible, max gpu buffered frames: 2,
    no v-sync

Medium Texture settings: Stuttering was much much more pronounced like vanilla watch dogs, texture aliasing still there.

High Texture settings: Stuttering almost non existent, texture aliasing still there.

Ultra Texture settings: Stuttering was better than Medium but worse than High, texture aliasing still there.

All settings were run for about 5 min each except medium which I played for over an hour.

All texture settings have stutter upon starting a save game but high disappears while Medium and Ultra persist.

Cheers,
    Mike

8. FRiNGE07

FRiNGE07 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780 3gb
    Thanks for all the hard work and try not to take it to hart if people don't acknowledge the hard work you've done. There just ignorant and don't understand.

9. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Dude.
    Continue doing your great job.
    I'll supported you with donation.

I just want to know, is the 0.7 version the last improved version or it is the Normal Camera version? :)
    Thank's

10. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 2GB
    If it comes to my opinion, you've maded already better work than Ubisoft for me. I feel like a wise man showed me a new world haha :D (I just write about colors because I though you missed it :) ) anyway good job, I don't know at this but I have a graphic eye, and I can tell - I think the DOF and rest of effects are getting closer to E3.

11. PinkRibbonScars

PinkRibbonScars Guest

GPU:
    HD5850 Crossfire 1GB
    This. Imo, Keep the DOF distance when walking because it's perfect, but during combat, have the intense bokeh DOF when you're close to objects like the v0.6 version.

12. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 2GB
    Yeah, but I mean, I can see saturated colors again on 0.7 mod, downgrading colors was way better :):):) just like you did it in 0.6 mod

13. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    We finally received a statement from Ubisoft on graphics downgrade in retail PC version of Watch Dogs, it comes from Ubisoft PR & Events Manager Tessa Vilyn. Via Twitter, Tessa stated that there were no graphics downgrade in retail version of Watch Dogs.

When asked: "In a tweet a couple of months ago you said Watch Dogs graphics were not downgraded. Do you still hold this to be true? Tessa replied: "i recall replying saying that the game was not downgraded, i still stick to that yes.

Source: http://www.gamepur.com/news/15131-u...-dogs-pc-version-comparison-video-and-sc.html

14. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    @Maldo

Great work ,you are on to something.Thanks

R9 290 4GB card single card.(crossfire off)
    Test has dramatically decreased the stutter in driving and walking.
    Also Improved FPS.(From all the worse mod's by as much as 10 fps for my setup)
    Great start,I appreciate the time an effort you guys are putting into this game to improve the game.

15. S1eB

S1eB Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Thank you for your hard work dude :)
    Ignore anyone that complains, if they don't like what you are doing then they can go do it themselves or ignore it all together.

I would love to see the faces of the guys at Ubisoft when they see what you have managed to do and all the things you have exposed. :D

16. scorpgul

scorpgul Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 Ti KINGPIN
    Tried 0.7 and the depth of field is too aggressive. Its simply too close. And I do not want to have to disable the game's depth of field to get rid of it completely. Hopefully 0.8 will be good

17. F3ckB9LL

F3ckB9LL Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti 11Gb
    fantastic job :) thank you, i rediscover my game :D :banana:

18. krazynayba

krazynayba Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Works a treat! Less stuttering and the graphics are superb!

Just wanted to share some things I encountered over the past few hours I spent optimising graphics settings to run nice and smooth (constant between 50-60fps on a GTX780 with 8GB ram and an i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz)

In the NVIDIA Control Panel in "Adjust image settings with preview" have it set to "Use the advanced 3D image settings" and under "Manage 3D settings" select Watch Dogs as the program to customize. Set everything how you would like (I just set the Texture filtering to the "quality" preset and made sure maximum performance power mode was on). I -think- changing this both improved my framerate and reduced stuttering.

In Windows, ensure your page file is enabled for the drive with your Windows install. I have mine set to min: 4096MB, max: 8192MB (might not need to be this high?). I noticed that disabling the page file for the drive caused Windows to give "out of memory" errors whilst playing the game. It also introduced a lot of lag/stuttering.

Thirdly, use the -disablepagefilecheck flag in the "Target" field for a Watch Dogs shortcut. To enter the game and ensure this is applied correctly, I found that you need to double click it to open Uplay, then double click again for Uplay to start running Watch Dogs. This seemed to reduce some stuttering and increase frame rate a little.

Also, I found that when I have the XML "Quality" set to "__runtime" the mod is still functioning (yes, I'm sure). Should this be happening? Perhaps TheWorse could clarify?

Anyway, the game looks excellent now. Thank you for all your time and effort spent on this TheWorse!

Here are my settings for anyone else who might be interested:
    Overall Quality: High
    SSAO: HBAO Low+
    Vertical Sync: 1 frame
    GPU Max Buffered Frames: 2
    Anti-aliasing: Temporal SMAA (will still run at TXAA2x minus a few fps)

I can run Ultra with the same settings, but fps fluctuates between 40fps and about 55fps, usually averaging around 45fps. I prefer more of a consistent framerate so like sticking to High, but each to his/her own :)

19. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

20. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    Seriously dude, appreciate the OPs work instead of making harsh demands!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.