After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    looks great ! nothing to mention really... glad the way it is now

it only sucks a bit that you use diffrent settings then me , but i guess that counts for alot of people... i feel like there should be an .xml for low-mid-high specs and then ofc the impossible spec xD guess the guy that does that will earn alot of rep from the noobs that are learning here ;) aaahhh we'll ... for now im good just had to edit the .xml file to ultra textures then change blur and dof off and put it on 4x anti in-game as i don't know where in the xml i can edit it and im afraid i might type something wrong a lil help with a screenshot would be awesome ofc :p ps: i just know i will replay this game when your 1.0 hits <:8~~ defalt would be so happy !

2. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Mystic,

It's great that you provided your cameracontext.lib file, but unfortunately not everyone (including myself) knows how to unpack the fat/dat files and pack them back. I know you said it's for those who knows how to do that, but well, how many people would that be on this website? Three, maybe four? Those who knows how to do that could edit it for their liking, anyway. No love for newbies, huh? :D

I'd really appreciate if someone kind enough could come up with a subtler DOF version, guys. Other than that, everything works fantastic for me.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  3. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    Could you please do it without the DOF and blur effect.

4. Joe Pae

Joe Pae Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x 2gb
    good explaination , i will add to it for the prople who want change values and are lost with the conversion binhex float32 that exist an convertisseur done by razor's (easy to found if you google it ) :)

5. iamgamefreak

iamgamefreak Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    Same here. I like the 0.6 colors as it is almost identical to the E3 version. Only thing that I dislike is the DoF. Is it possible to make the 0.6 version with the DoF settings of 0.7 ?

6. TNT4THEBRAIN

TNT4THEBRAIN Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    This looks so good! Thanks TheWorse for going through all the trouble and sharing the improvement with us :)
    Can someone please tell me how to place the files?
    I've got 3 Folders, one named "Closer Camera, Far Camera, Normal Camera" and that's it.
    With no instructions

7. fantom

fantom Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gefore 680 2GB
    How to install

I downloaded the mod, but I haven't the faintest idea how to install it. A readme was mentioned, but their isn't one in the download. Please help.

8. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Hello,
    What is the difference between TheWorse's "Ultra" preset compared to a custom made preset set in game?

Thank you.

9. widezu69

widezu69 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780m 4GB
    I think we are getting close :) This is without SweetFX, and the xml is just the Ultra preset created by the game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That night shot is almost the same as the E3 preview, all that's missing is some lens flares :)

I'm pretty happy with how everything is right now. Keep up the good work.

10. SgtWoody

SgtWoody Guest

GPU:
    MSI TwinFrozr IV GTX 780
    Could I please get some help? I see plenty of people talking about it. I just need help figuring out how and where to put these folders and content. PLEASE HELP.

11. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    So would you be interested at all in working on a performance version that optimizes and removes effects instead of installing them?

12. Spartakush

Spartakush Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1150/1500
    My only issue is slightly too much bloom, but as stated he's going to fix that in the next release :)

Headlight bloom: i.imgur.com/d6mI53p.jpg

13. Grimmycakes

Grimmycakes Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 3GB
    Yup. All thanks to great people like TheWorse who take their time to do tweak and enable all the eye candy <3

14. KaiserAlucard

KaiserAlucard Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 DCU II SLI
    Sometimes the game is too damn dark, I was doing a mission in a warehouse at night and I couldn't see anything. Is that due to the mod?

15. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Tweak the brightness yourself.

:infinity:

16. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Install directions are on page one/first post where you downloaded the mod from. I will explain.

The two Patch files go in your data_win64 folder located in your watch_dogs folder

For his graphic presets you open your Gamerprofile.xml, find the line that says quality="_runtime" and change it to quality="ultra".
    Your Gamerprofile.xml is located in my documents/my games/watch dogs/ open the folder that has a big string of numbers and letters similar to this 80912345-12fgh-43ghy-84ab-433ads40d3fg. This is where the gamerprofile.xml located that the game uses.

I like the Closer camera as it has a normal camera angle. The other ones feel weird to me.

Ignore the "patch_unpack" folder unless you want to take a stab at your own mods and repack it.

17. Joe Pae

Joe Pae Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x 2gb
    you can use "Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack" for unpach the patch, drag it to the unpack.exe that will create an folder, inside you will found library that you can the same unpack with "Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject" for exemple cameracontext.lib', it will create an other folder with xml inside , change value, when finished drag the cameracontext_converted.xml on "Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject" it will made a file name .fcb
    rename it .lib and replace the original with it
    in end drag the entire folder patch_unpack on the exe "Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack"

and its done :p

18. SgtWoody

SgtWoody Guest

GPU:
    MSI TwinFrozr IV GTX 780
    It just doesn't look at all like what his photos look like. The distances are blurred out more now. But no cool looking water or better shading. Everything looks the same, with blurry distances.

19. koNdziu

koNdziu Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 770 DCUII OC 2GB
    Someone help me. I have very little fps when driving a car, drops up to 7 fps ... someone would send me your gamer profile. I use this from TheWorse.

20. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    geez don't you realize this is absolutely childish i would say its no fake but what does it say right absolutely nothing hopefully this forum never becomes a second Neogaff :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.