GeForce 337.88 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, May 26, 2014.

1. Franz

Franz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970 Windforce OC
    I have with all 337.xx drivers problems with Age of Conan displaying the spelleffects right.
    Also sometimes crashes Team Fortress 2 and gives some graphicissues like flickering.
    Back now to 335.23 and all is gone.
    Seams, they have to do some more work on there new drivers.

2. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    Can you show some Screenshots what you are mean? What version of Age of Conan is affected DX9 or DX10 or both? And a few more details about the ingame and driver settings would be good to know. Thanks.

3. Franz

Franz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970 Windforce OC
    I do not know, how to post screenshots. Can you tell me how? I've taken .png and .jpg pictures but can not copy this here in.
    AoC runs on DX10 without systemtweaker all maxed out without FXAA and without ambient occlusion. Win7 64bit. Nvidia-driver installed without 3D-crap or expirience.
    In Tarantia Noble District at 660 1050 Rajjar Kisbn is casting all the time, but red shining streaks in new driver is missing - only blurry little points are generated.
    In Old Tarantia at trading Post the sun shins through a great hole in middle of the building. The same here with the sunny streaks.
    When the dark templer is casting Drain Essence the red bloody streaks are missing.
    and so on with many missing streaks... (I hope in english it means streak or lightning strip, stripe, tape, film :confused:)

4. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    And how would that matter for you? Most of Nvidia's driver team is obviously focused on their DX11 GPUs already, and have been since Fermi was released.

Aside from fixing Windows 8.1 support for their DX10 GPUs, and some OpenGL extensions, we have no news of what improvements or fixes they have done for their DX10 GPUs

And please, don't make AMD look good in this regard. At the time AMD dumped their older cards, they were still adequate for gaming (today, the HD 4890 is comparable to the HD 7770) , and you can't even use Windows 8.1 properly with pre-DX11 AMD cards

It's not that simple. DX11 is backwards compatible with DX10/10.1 GPUs.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    New BETA tomorrow.

6. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Thanks for the heads-up Memorian.

Do you know anything about them? Bug fixes etc?

7. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I don't know how much time they are spending on those cards, no. And neither do you.
    Going by the actual release notes however, which rarely mentions the DX10 cards, it surely doesn't seem like those cards are requiring much resources to maintain in the drivers.

The DX11 drivers aren't suddenly going to become more efficient by dropping DX10 cards from the support.
    The better drivers would come as a result of Nvidia's guys working on the DX10 cards will be freed up to work on their DX11 cards. But that isn't something that just would happen over night. Just consider that Fermi is still getting performance improvements, even four years after its release.

The Geforce 8 to 200 series architectures differ from Fermi and later. I get the impression you're thinking that Nvidia's DX11 GPUs are being hampered by having the drivers for DX10 GPUs included in the drivers. But that's not the case

And while DX10 GPUs are beginning to fall beneath the minimum requirements, they are still ok GPUs. I don't think anyone had counted on the 8800GT to still be viable for gaming, even on low settings and resolution, in 2014.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  8. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Sure. And Nvidia obviously can't keep the driver support for older GPUs for all eternity.
    I just get the impression that many expect that there'll be a magical DX11 driver coming, purely as a result of DX10 being moved to legacy.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Why not, they can add more registers like now with r337, maybe older gpus limit some stuff and they can't go further.
    Also they will be able to drop all those hacks and fixes for older gpus - that could conflict with newer, I've seen it happen few times.

btw these r337 boosts helped by all 3 dx9, dx10 and dx11 games, not just by dx11 for dx11hw. :)

here it helped so much I now get 90fps in starswarm@ 1080p extreme present with a single 780gtx stock, even 290x cant go near that with Mantle :D

10. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Nvidia's DX10 and DX11 GPUs have different architectures. They aren't using the same code.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok fun fact, I had 250GTS before and I had some weird bug @ Dirt2 (fps stalling @ start of benchmark), I kept bugging for a long time and they finally fixed it.

When I got dx11 gpu this same bug was now happening on dx11 hw.
    I went back to older driver prior this dx10 hw fix and it didnt stall like that.

Imo dx10 vs dx11 arch. doesnt matter much if its in driver code for that particular game and that's what I meant before with conflicting hacks.

12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, i don't have any specific information, but Futuremark said new nVidia drivers coming early this week so i guess it's tomorrow.

13. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Oh Ok! Must have missed that. I thought for a sec you had some insider information or a beta tester or something!

14. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    If they do release this week, it would be between Mon-Wednesday, most likely.

15. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    Can you give a Look to newest 340.43 Beta-Release, if your Problems already fixed? Thanks. Check also PM for Instructions about upload Screenshots.

16. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I've heard about that too. I'm curious if anyone that uses a DX10 card got any performance improvements from that wonder driver.

17. Franz

Franz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970 Windforce OC
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Any feedback on those new drivers about their overclock liability on GTX-6XX serie ?

19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
  20. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TI GAMING SLI
    Anyone else noticing the 99% power usage cap?

I have my 780's at 106% but everytime when it his 99% it downclocks my OC setting.

Not a biggie though.