AMD Catalyst 14.6 RC (14.200.1004.0 June 2)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Care to elaborate on this? We have pretty much identical machines and I haven't had any driver issues sine I first got it. Yes my 7950 is MSI but what issues do you have?

2. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    Here you go, same bull**** in State of Decay, also in most game AA make textures transparent or give some else glitches...

[​IMG]>

3. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Take some sreenshots if you can. One thing I did take note of is that brand of PSU, A quick Google shows a lot of people regard Chieftec as an inferior brand. Download OCCT and run the PSU test, see if your system locks up or crashes.

4. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    Man but 14.4 drivers work like a charm, most of games work fine aswell
    but just jump from driver to driver for one or another game make no sense

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Have you tried dialing your overclock down a bit, as the 14.6s seem to put a bit more on cards.

6. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    I had the same poly stretching in 14.6 with all the dx9 games i tried (deadspace 1+2+3,space marine & DOW II gave up after trying those) & ive seen other reports across tech forums here's one for gothic 3 from OC with a few pic's

http://www.overclock.net/t/1492156/...dows-available-for-download/100#post_22403352

its not a power/OC issue that driver is just ****ed

All the 14.x driver have one issue or another for me (mostly display sleep/reboot blackouts) so im back on 13.12 as this seems to be the driver that's most stable

This 7970 i have atm is the first AMD/ATI card i had since a 4870 and i cant say ive been impressed with the support for it......

2d desktop glitching,flash\accel BSOD,DX9 texture/poly corruption stuttering/frame pacing problems\sleep-wake blackouts and that's all been with there WHQL drivers :puke2:

I really do wonder if AMD/ATI will ever get there sh*t together driver wise.....not that i'll be sticking around to find out,come next gen im off back to Nv

7. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    exactly its just of drivers only...

8. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Quest, are you aware these drivers are:
    1. beta/release candidate
    2. they are made for APUs and modded by asder00 to work also on desktop and mobile GPUs?
    These two things should tell you "these drivers are released as they are and they can generate errors, glitches, and many kinds of problems".
    If you have problems go back to WHQL driver, as you said already they are working fine for you.

Usually driver is not a problem but its user.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Why would I need to install Catalyst Control Center and all other bloatware when I'm only looking for the graphics driver to run my games?

10. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    If you have problems go back to WHQL driver, as you said already they are working fine for you.

Back to old whql yes good idea, but what do to with new titles? Month pass wait few more? no tnx

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    we need better drivers for everything, too many bugs

12. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    This driver doesn't contain optimizations and fixes for any game, this is driver which was released to add support for latest APUs so your point is invalid. A least it doesn't add any optimizations for any new games in which were not included in 14.6 beta 1.0.

If this driver fixed anything for you what was broke with 14.4 in any game name it, i'm curious.

IMO you are just natural born whiner.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ive just tried Dead Space 1 & 2, both are fine.

14. fasor

fasor Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GForce 750Ti 2Gb
    That's AMD style. Now 290 and 260 series are current generation of architecture, and they will have absolutely top priority. And in half a year, when it will be 3X0 series with new architecture and top priority - 290X will be in the same situation as GCN 1.0 now =)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  15. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'd recently built a fun 3rd rig, AM3 X6 1100T + Asus C4F + 8GB RAM + HD7970 (Cat 14.6 Beta v1) + 64bit Win7. The bouncing square intro right up to the transparent iD skull was a stuttering mess, but a short way into the iD intro, it smoothens out to 30fps. After that, when I play the game, I cannot complain since it ran smooth though framerate isn't as high as I'd thought it to be. Framerate was all over the place, from >30fps to >60fps (max setting @1200P), but it was smooth, had I not enabled FRAPS, I wouldn't have known the framerate was erratic......

16. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Not the only one

At least I'm not the only one getting that stuttering. Wonder though if it would play any better on a 290X or is this just a OpenGL driver f-up?

17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The game plays perfectly on a 290/x, solid 60 FPS, max settings, 1440p.

18. mux

mux Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I reduced Wolfenstein's GFX options "Screen Space Reflections" to Medium. That prevents the stuttering in game for me. The rest, I have maxed out - Ultra, etc.

19. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    and with all you settings at ultra except for one
    what was your fps?

20. mux

mux Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    In a complex scene at 2560x1440 with V-sync enabled between 35-60fps. Since this is a SP game, I do not insist on high FPS ;)