Kadzait24 Watch Dogs MOD ( Game Files + XML ) WIP and download

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by kadzait24, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiTella

DiTella Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DCUII
    I installed the 3.0 mod and is broke my game entirely. Lights, shadows, reflections, supersaturated GAMA, even control config.

I don't know why, i did as explained in the readme. I hope it gets fixed cause without the mod the game looks BAD.

2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Honestly, if people need to break out rulers and protractors to point out differences.. Are any of the alleged differences really worth it?

3. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    I'm sorry to say, but they're not. It's still basically shadow tweaks (which are currently off and introducing pop in) and reflection map resolutions, though I've yet to test the bloom at night so this may be better.

I really like - and appreciate - that someone is trying to improve the game, but for me the performance is much worse, for no real visual benefits, so no reason to use it as far as I'm concerned.

I know it's a work in progress - Will check back in for version 4, perhaps.

* EDIT * - In the interests of 'fairness' I also just checked out TheWorses mod and xml download. To be honest with those default settings the stutter was also quite bad, though not as bad as Kadzaits, and the default brightness and contrast settings were awful. Way overcooked and crushing the black tones.

After increasing the brightness a bit in game and knocking the ultra shadows down to high, I got similar to performance to how I was running the vanilla game at the same settings. AND, I think I could notice more bloom even at the daytime/ early dusk of my current save.

There was also no shadow 'pop in'.

From my own testing, this game in its current from cannot run without major stutter and hiccups with Ultra textures and ultra shadows. Until it's patched (if ever) there has to be a compromise on one or the other.

Make of this what you will.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  4. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580

I.. That's not.. Surely you don't.. ..What?

To some of us, realism is important. Go visit nexus or loverslab and then decide if the "alleged" differences are worth it to people.

I'm glad there's folks out there who just don't mind though, but you might imagine those same folks aren't trying to increase graphics fidelity and realism. One might imagine..

5. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    ULTRA textures = 4GB vide mem, i have pretty much no stutering maybe 1 or 2 stutters in 20 mins of gameplay.

6. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    How to roll back to the default settings please ? I replaced the GamerProfile and deleted the two patch files, the shadows seem to be fine again but I still get cars popping at 50m which is unbearable.

7. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
  8. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Thanks.

Once the xml is created , Do we need to make any change?

Like put render rain=1,....

9. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    Tried it, the clipping is still there, and the performance is more than halved vs default ultra.

10. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    All will be done by the game!

11. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    That must be your drivers/config as before i uploaded it here i let some friends tried it and worked perfect at every rig.

So, the people having issues, check their drivers, OS, etc.

And ive tried myself as well using SLI and single GPU, the game runs perfectly fine much better FPS and no stuttering at all.

And ive added stuff, so in case you suffer from worse performance for some reason in your config, it would be normal as well, the game is a resource eater when stuff is added, thats one of the reasons Ubisoft didnt add more stuff to the retail release, apart from PS4 and XBone releases.

For the smoke flicker, use Vsync at 1 max pre rendered frames. You can setup that.

12. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    And i uploaded it so the people that likes to have fun and try settings inside the patch, can do it.

Since i added a lot of settings that are real at the engine, but still not working. So if anyone wants to give this game engine a LOT OF TIME, can try.

Its a pretty complex engine and making everything work is a mess, you can make something to work and make other thing worse.

And there is settings that only the devs knows how to activate.

Shading is another problem, there is a lot of shading systems that just wont work at all, the game will take them but it will make it run worse and even look worse.

The FOG like at E3 is there but i couldnt turn it on at all, settings are there and shading is added.

The same for physics system, and some others.

If anyone wants to find out all this stuff, is all there in the patch.

13. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    May I edit the settings from the game menu, or is it still better to do it editing the xml? Thanks!

14. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    Just looking on shadow map size and on ULTRA you put 2048 in retail is 4096 .. this is for performance ??

15. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    You asked that. Now you also argue what you have asked ? Map size is 2048 for performance and to not making it look that "sharp" like you said it will be not "real" .

Here is the 4.0 :

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/72181604/file.html

I uploaded the wrong one, my mistake i have like 30 folders.

16. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    Ok just asking :)

17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Thank man,going to try it now.

18. insert989

insert989 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Has put WIP MOD 4.0, has come into game and has started to observe interesting effect. On the sky any smoke floats. But that the most interesting, it is reflected in windows. Means these windows not absolutely static and reflect some objects.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    I wanted people to point all improvements.

20. Xerxész

Xerxész Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N780OC-3GD
    4.0 doesn't have an XML file.
    Is that normal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.