StarStorm 45.23x drivers released with new features!!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Xaero001, Aug 14, 2003.

1. ffa

ffa Member Guru

There you have it - Detonators 44.67 and up (with the exception of 44.90) are encrypted. That's why the characteristic bytes that need to be patched can't be found in the binaries.

2. serAph

serAph Guest

ya they did that to combat Unwinders "application detection removal script" so that people could quit seeing how badly nVidia is cheating them of Image Quality just to get better benchmark scores.

There you have it - straight from the mouth of a dissapointed nVidiot. The Ti series doesnt have to worry about that, but the FX series cards are getting MUCH crappier IQ than the Ti's all so nVidia can sell a few more cards. :(

I cant wait for a driver that comes out with IQ thats worth a crap, and I hope these will do so. I wont get a chance to test them until a couple more days from now (RMA'd mobo)

3. RebornGG

RebornGG Guest

i know theyve been out a while now but if there is still anyone thats 'umming and arring about wether to try these starstorms heres some "In Game" screenshots of BF1942 using these drivers.. i give 10/10
    BF SCREENS CLICK HERE
    theres lots on the page so sorry 56kers :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2003
  4. JAGGEDUK

JAGGEDUK Guest

Are there any settings we shouldnt touch within the settings menu in order to keep the high image quality on the starstorm drivers?

5. Dzhedaj

Dzhedaj Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800GTO 256MB @6
    Any eta for the performance drivers??

6. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    I will try these when i get home, sounds like a winner.

Has anyone with a Ti4400 tried these driver's with Counterstrike
    1.5 and 1.6?

I'm using the 45.24's right now and run at 1600x1200 only dipping into 80fps range with heavy action.

later

7. Balderdash

Balderdash Member Guru

GPU:
    980m
    I downloaded this driver last night... I benchmarked a little lower. However, I do think the IQ is improved so I'm going to give them a shot. I'm using a eVGA FX5900U for those of you that care.

Nice driver, looks good :)

8. ColtIce

ColtIce Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X850XT

well....were waiting:D

9. serAph

serAph Guest

try being helpful instead of smug you arsewig. Then they may get released more quickly.

10. stealth2920

stealth2920 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 4GB
    or if you get tired of waiting then make them yourself. When someone is doing this for free on their own time, you shouldn't whine about the time it takes to get them.

11. ColtIce

ColtIce Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X850XT
    how do you suppose i help?i dont think you needed to call me an arsewig though.but if thats the best you got i have no worries.and i do tweak the hell out of any drivers i get.both of you are very helpful though thank you

12. serAph

serAph Guest

dude. Shaddup and wait around like the rest of us. Your smug comment is no different than anyone elses smug comments.

13. a k i

a k i Guest

this sounds good :)

14. Xaero001

Xaero001 Guest

I'm making the drivers as we speak they should be finished by sunday actualy I will finish them by sunday night unless something big happens.

15. BFA

BFA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX470
    Wow, when I first turned on Desert Combat, I was amazed how much the quality went up from 44.90! The difference was night and day. MUCH smoother models :) GJ on your drivers!

I can't see to find my temperature tab though!? Its gone :( Even w/ regular 44.23 its gone!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2003

16. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
  17. Junk

Junk Guest

i'd like to know as well.

i'm sure aa and vsync are ok, but what about af and mipmap properties (assuming of course that the latter shouldn't be changed)?

18. Spyrosss

Spyrosss Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2003
  19. serAph

serAph Guest

kickass contribution, Spyross! :thumbup:

20. Spyrosss

Spyrosss Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT