Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Those people need a reality check. Not being able to max out games at release should be the norm IMO. That's what drives hardware innovations.

Multithreading is inherently hard but it's even harder with D3D11. Consoles have no such overhead on the CPU therefore it's much easier to take advantage of 6 Jaguar cores which will de facto lead to a decrease in scale.

2. Xerxész

Xerxész Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N780OC-3GD
    Any information about Comet?

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.ag.ru/games/assassins-creed-unity/screenshots/511143

Some screens, Ubisoft likes to stage these little events in their games (Though in these ones there's not much of that from what I can tell.) for these promo screens which usually don't make it into the final version but visually it should look fairly close.
    (Going by Black Flag at least.)

4. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    I was quite a bit impressed by the indoor environments though (at least the big castle part). Seems like they use some soft bounce lighting technique to fake the effect of global illumination. Together with the reflections it makes for some nice looking rooms.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Indeed. The graphics and lightning were sublime.

6. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    So we hoping this new Datch_Wogs engine based game runs well i presume? :p

7. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    What are you talking about ? This game runs on the AnvilNext, not Disrupt (Watch Dogs).

8. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Something tells me this will be the worst of all PC ports by ubisoft. I'd love them to prove me wrong tho..

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Not AnvilNext, but Anvil. AC IV used the AnvilNext engine, which was a cross gen engine..

AC Unity will use Anvil, which is basically a redesigned, built from the ground up for next gen AnvilNext engine :)

AnvilNext was limited to using four threads and 32 bit only. The AC Unity engine should be 64 bit only, and capable of using at least 6 threads and have a multithreaded renderer like Watch Dogs.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  10. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Source ?
    Wikipedia says AnvilNext.

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Dunno about names but the way things are rendered in AC and WD look an awful lot similar, different shell and names but most of the parts that make shinnies appear look an awful lot similar.

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    so am I the only one that cannot be bothered with Assassin's Creed anymore? SO played out to me.. just like CoD and Battlefield.. just same game over and over and over with a different skin and some new cheap thrills, yet same asking price.

Personally getting tired of these series sticking around like Madonna in the music business... just go away already!

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Most media is reporting it's going to use the "Anvil" engine..

Anyway, this is purely semantics. Whether it's called Anvil, or AnvilNext is irrelevant. What matters most, is that the last generation consoles will not be holding the game back. This newly designed engine will have native 64 bit support, and should be much more multithreaded than the previous AnvilNext engine used in AC IV..

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nope :p The last game I enjoyed was Brotherhood but I keep an eye on the series with the hope it will be good.

15. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Interesting.

I hope so. For what it's worth last-gen consoles games were very well multithreaded, the PS3 had 7 SPUs, the 360 had 6 hardware threads.
    Watch Dogs makes smart use of multicore CPUs :
    http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/watch-dogs-test-gpu.html

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I've played all so far, haven't picked them on release and at full price since .. er.. cant even remember, probably ACII was the last I paid full price for.
    I don't care about the story at all, but there are hardly any games coming out that give me that feeling of "must play" any more. So I pick the latest AC game up on quiet gaming months (unfortunately the past couple years almost all months are like that...). This one might define whether I buy the one(s). If it looks like something that had some effort put into it like AC3 and AC pirates, I will, if it's like all the non numbered games between ACII and III I won't.

The franchise is one bad game away from becoming the next guitar hero tho, no doubt.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The Xenon CPU was in order though, so I don't think the extra threads could be used in the same manner that they are on say a Core i7 where the OS sees the extra threads as logical CPUs..

Most of the last gen engines with a few exceptions topped out at four threads, including AC IV. That said, there's a difference between being multithreaded, and having multithreaded rendering.

The AnvilNext engine used in AC IV, and the Unreal Engine 3 are technically multithreaded, but neither of them used multithreaded rendering. Only a single thread was used for rendering operations.

That differs from the Disrupt engine which is multithreaded on all fronts, including rendering. The Anvil engine used in AC Unity should be like the Disrupt engine in that regard..

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I'm expecting terrible PC optimization for Unity, especially if Kiev are involved once again. Watch Dogs still suffers from stuttering and stability issues.

But this is par for the course. In a multiplatform development the PC will always get the short end of the stick.
    Thankfully Nvidia will bring some bells and whistles but that's about it.

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It's gettting to the point where i'm about to say f*ck it and start getting my Ubi games on console.

20. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Looks great but after Far Cry 3, Watch_Dogs and The Division downgrades I find it hard to hold by breath for the visuals. It's "Nothing is true, everything is permitted." when it comes to Ubisoft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.