Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    I tried it now for a while and I changed back, because I have seen only that the fps drop, a slightly higher bloom and also an enormous black crush.

2. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    You can try forcing anisotropic filtering through your GPU's control center, or use radeonpro to do the same. As there's no view distance configuration in the game (it's at a default value in every platform) I'd say that'd be your best bet.

Edit: Is your texture setting set to medium? It seems so, try "high" instead and ground textures (in the distance as well) would look better, of course with a considerable amount of fps hit.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  3. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    As plissken said but kadzait indicated their might be a internal Engine AF setting for this as well, we have to compare both but normally it's hard to beat Nvidias own Driver Enforced one ;)

Not a lot understand the complexity and are easily blinded by some different settings.
    Never the less it's all about Performance/Quality though for those who want to only make beautifull 4K Screenshots and literally betray themselves and pushing TitanZs and other 1000$ GPUs that's the way to go ;)

Especialy Nvidia is happy about such Users :D

Changing anything about the Gama stuff with the Engine settings is the wrong way to go to reach any improvement Rendering wise you only change the look and feel like some others already do with Sweetfx here (and yeah i hate these oversharped results as well) and that's totally ok but it's useless in terms of reaching the Rendering results like in the E3 Demo ;)

Also pushing out TXAA screenshots doesn't bring us very far in compares as not everyone can do it we better try to fix our efforts on the Temp SMAA results which does pretty nice in Disrupt and will work for everyone on the Planet the Same ;)

Personally i also like some of the new Results compared to the E3 Build much better much more Organic now :)

Tough personally i would have invested much much more time in the NPC System and Design :)

4. forms

forms Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1500mhz
    It worked! Thank you so much, it's 1000% better now. Yes the textures were on high, the ultra stutter too much with sli enabled.

Before:
    mediafire.com/convkey/67ac/tyhr4k0wkahv6yefg.jpg?size_id=a

After:
    mediafire.com/convkey/6477/faurj94wbkcelgafg.jpg?size_id=a

5. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Tried it out and to be honest other than a huge FPS hit, I'm not seeing any difference. Thanks though!

6. ombra9

ombra9 Guest

GPU:
    Msi r9 290x 4gb ynix
    hi, guys i have a problem with my configuration there's moment in game with 24fps :( how can resolve this problem with my config???
    please tell me what setting in xml i must change!!!
    thank you:):):):)!!!

7. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    I failed to :) but
    http://postimg.org/image/m3ir3fckv/

8. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I have not been gaming much lately, not many of the newer games seem to do much for me.

This mod has my attention, though.

There are some things that I do not really like about the hud and stuff....but the game looks great in motion.

I may have to pick the game up......what gpu will I need to run this mod and have nice framerate.

Thanks for any help.

9. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    as much Vram as you can afford and of course a recent one ... enjoy

10. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    The colours from kadzait24's xml are warmer and the shadows darker, @night ToD at least

Calibration on the basic .xml is 50 here vs 27 in kadzait's

I'm also wondering if its worthy to have 5100MB of Vram if enhancing the game is possible just by playing on these lines:

NewBrightness="1"
    Contrast_v3="1"
    NewGammaRamp="1"
    GammaRampR="1"
    GammaRampG="1"
    GammaRampB="1" (->obviously this is out of the standart xml) and pay 4500MB of Vram on the normal .xml

I am crap at making comparison shots but here you go, pic taken at Washington Wells at night and coming from the closest hide.

normal xml
    [​IMG]
    kadzait24's xml
    [​IMG]

Also concerning tessalation i'm only seeing paralax occlusion when staring at an old brick wall's corner... don't know what since i ain't able to tweak that yet( dx11 so -> why should i anyway ^^)

Honestly it is great to be able to play a game in the game tweaking it upside down :p .

That is worth a " i love this game" !!! for sure

11. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    It's definitely 'using / reading' the modded xml file because when I change other settings (like motion blur, AA etc etc) those are taking effect. Also, using v1 of the file that was definitely 'working', because at night all the light sources from lamposts etc was broken! Ha.

The comparison shots I posted earlier show that any differences are purely down to changing the contrast and gamma. When these settings are identical ie in the 'normal' game xml file and then using this modded xml, as explained in my post earlier, both the versions look identical.

People should try it themselves. Run the game with the normal xml file but change the settings to these values:
    NewBrightness="1" Contrast_v3="1.01" NewGammaRamp="0.93" GammaRampR="1.02" GammaRampG="1.07" GammaRampB="1.06"

...and it will look identical to the game when using the modded xml file if you use those same settings.

Ergo, this mod is, pardon my French, total bull****.

No offence to Kadzait for trying, but I get the feeling he's having a right old laugh at everyone fawning over shots that have no proper direct comparisons, and are just very minor tweaks that are no better in actuality than a good sweetfx config. In fact it I get the feeling it's a total wind up now.

And, this is how to mod a game by the way http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4833281&postcount=91 :)

12. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    @wunkley
    though there is a major problem the more realistic you make the light and assets the faster your NPCs will collapse if you don't care about them and adapt them properly to the lighting condition.

13. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Eh? Pardon? Erm....What? :)

14. ombra9

ombra9 Guest

GPU:
    Msi r9 290x 4gb ynix
    Please help!!!!

15. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    The boost to reflections in this XML will tank your fps.
    It also defaults everything to Ultra, so if you had anything lowered before you need to manually tweak the XML to fix your settings.

Disabling the new reflections, I see no performance difference between this custom XML and my previous non-modified XML.

16. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Hi,

Maybe start with basic xml and accordingly to your material push it all at max or close.

17. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    That was my thought since the beginning, the miracle config looks like a prank.

18. Grimmycakes

Grimmycakes Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 3GB
    Ok. Here is my findings.

There IS a difference with the xml. One of the most obvious ones being shadows. Best way to test this? Go look for a tree (the small leaved ones) (there is one by a hideout on the left side of the map from the central point of the city. On the retail xml, on ultra, the shadows casted during the day are very blurry.

On the edited XML, they are VERY sharp and clear, and you can make out the individual leaves.

The reflections on puddles during rain seems to be slightly higher in resolution. There also seems to be more splashes from the rain hitting the ground.

I cannot see a difference in lighting though.
    There seems to be a higher reflectivity on the roads and some ground textures compared to the retail xml. But not too different.

Thats all I could notice by playing the game for 15 minutes each, repeating my movements and steps from my save game.

19. Gorefather

Gorefather Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R290x

Just doing something extreme here so you can see you can edit allot more then changing the gamma:

[​IMG]

Although he is placing stuff in the wrong places, these command DO work!

20. Noizer

Noizer Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan / GTX 580
    How enable Tessellation?
    What needs to be changed in order to make it work plz?
    I found this in the xml file:

<Particles>
    <quality id="ultra"
    AmbianceParticlesMaxStarted="4000"
    AmbianceParticlesMaxMemory="995472"
    AmbianceParticlesDelayBeforeRespawn="2"
    AmbianceParticlesDelayBeforeDestroy="50"
    MaxTessellationFactorPerScreenSpaceUnit="250"
    MaxTessellationFactor="15" />
    </Particles>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.