Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
  2. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Pretty nice!

And about the guy posting the "comparision shots" he used the same xml both times, I just don't get some people. Pretty obvious my screens never look like the retail game, and doesn't matter the place or tod. People that wants to get trash to this thread can seek trash elsewhere.

3. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I Just wonder how many people here have actually done "calibration" in the game's menu screen.

It looks better, but everything has to come together. UbiMon may have found the "best" (according to them, but they weigh in many factors in this decision including averages, and it is multiplatform).

I did a TON of this with FarCry 3 to get it running and looking best, and there is no doubt it takes a ton of work (thank you OP), and there is no doubt it can suit various people's preferences for satisfaction (lol).

I think a list (or post) of the variables added/changed and what they do, specifically so others can simply modify it with notepad to suit there preference is a must (eg I hate motion blur, DOF, and I needed 75hz, so I had to make very simple changes to the xml).

Sorry for rambling, but thank you OP!

4. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yes, you can edit such things, just be sure you don't use spacing or change anything than values, any space or wrong or added character will make the xml void by the game engine.

I forgot to add the motionblur group, since I personally like it, I will add it and update. But just change the "PC" Value to "off" at the motionblur part of the xml, its there just use search in notepad++

About the 75hz, you can just change 60 to 75. And every other simple value.

As for the settings list I will do for sure no probs!

5. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    william456 looks great! 4k downsampling?

6. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    just only 1080p and change AA to temporal smaa,shadow to high,other is xml v2's default, because single 780 3G can't holder this game on high aa and shadow ultra with good fps

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Agreed.
    While the vanilla game may not look like the E3 demo from years ago, even if they had left the gfx as that, i think that the game would still only look good when being played in the same TOD and weather. I say that because anyone who has played with ENB knows that finding a preset of your own or someone elses that looks good at all TOD's is nigh impossible and it seems that someone or a group at Ubi had fallen into the same trap of having far to clear a vision of what ToD and weather suits the games tone/mood best overall.. that being the dark and rainy overcast look. I can help but think that the game would have better of having taken place in a long drawn out evening/night with the games final scene/chapter etc taking place at the same time or just finishing as the sunrises.

Somewhere along the line you need to make a sacrifice, but Ubi made the wrong choice imo, though i think the game still would of look subpar at certain times of day even if the had left in the E3 demo level of gfx.

8. Confidence-Man

Confidence-Man Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780sc 3GB
    Reflections in wet surfaces are definitely improved, they're sharper and the intensity of reflected light matches the actual light which looks really good (default is blurrier and duller). Beyond that I'm not sure I can really tell the difference to be honest. Shadow resolution also improved maybe?

9. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    @wiliam456

your output seems way to sharp are you using a additional sharpening pass, there are a lot of artifacts visible ?

especially that banding is heavy in that one shoot with the blood shader lens effect.

10. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yes , shadow resolution , bias, depth, etc. More stuff emits shadows now too that are not in Original Retail Ultra.

And colors, lighting at every place where you can see huge amounts of light, the FOV is improved as well, I could show this but you all can see that for yourself by playing the whole game.

Other is the bloom of course and car light reflections that can be seen at almost every part of the game except sunny, in rain is awesome.

Rain is also improved, density and splashes.

There is more improvements like physics for the vegetation, trees, more particles ( like smoke , still needs fixing ) more ambience in general going on ( the stuff that appears moving ) , all the rest you CANT see them in screenshots.

You must play it to see all the rest improvements like that, that's why a MOD needs to be played, not by just looking screenshots, that also looks way better than original retail version when all conditions are met.

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Must be, that is an insane amount of sharpening.

12. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Wow looks great!

I'm using 2560x1600 but also Shadows to high and temporal smaa (and no v-sync).

Are you using sweetfx too? It won't work for me anymore :S

edit: ah yes I see. Also I should mention I'm using high textures too, not ultra.

13. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    with sweetfx.
    Because i feel the color is too light ,even with xml v2 in non rain time
    anyway kadzait24 made the great work

14. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    yes using xml v2 with sweetfx
    if you want to enable sweetfx in watch dogs,you should put 64bit dll on the bin folder

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SweetFX/discussions/0/558746995073217476/

15. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Made my VRAM usage go up by quite a bit, using the same resolution as before but now the game is stuttering like crazy.

16. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
  17. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    That's all the new improvements going on I just mentioned, and some others.

The mod xml does changes the game, something you can see in screenshots and the rest playing, but all is there. Try night, night raining, dawn, sunset, etc and tell me later what you think, I know its resource eater since that's one of the reasons Ubisoft didn't launch it this way... and because PS4 and Xbox One.

There is no magical stuff, the game with all the improvements does change and does requires more power, and it still lacks more stuff im trying to find out how to add and there will be huge FPS drop, more than now.

E3 quality gameplay and this MOD XML needs lot of power, I never understand people that said E3 quality was going to run in a GTX 670 or something similar, and they totally forgot it also needs CPU Raw Power, a lot of stuff is being calculated by the CPU.

18. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    It seems to be forcing Ultra textures which is causing my problem.
    Was playing on High before.

Also, a new problem with shadows.

[​IMG]

19. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yeah, didn't find that issue with shadows myself, but it could be depth , bias I will check on that.

There is a lot of new shadows settings activated, if you take a look instantly looks better than before , and some stuff reflects shadows now and not before.

Doing something like this alone is a hard work, im not Ubisoft , and I don't know how to script every new setting either so I have to also do that.

Its hard so please give it time, now you also have a bunch of new settings the people that wants to help here can try to use and see results, maybe scripting is also needed for some settings like the ones at the shader group.

For example, Ambience Oclussion, atmo scattering, the fog itself etc.

20. LordZ

LordZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 Class. 4GB
    Just tried V2 beta and it looks really nice, quite an FPS eater indeed though :p
    Love your work, keep it up !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.