Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamc

jamc Guest

GPU:
    Msi R9 270x 2GB
    :thumbup:

2. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    I know I'm only pulling your leg. :) As with many PC games the developers just leave it and it's up the community to try and make it better/ how it should be. It's shocking really.

3. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Night, dawn are fine now but the game lacks quality at daylight so this is the best I can make it, it seems some engine settings are only working with directx 11/11.2 , the platform setting is at d3d11 but I have the feeling its not working fully with the d3d11 , as some of the engine settings are just not doing anything ( correctly scripted ) .

Maybe there is a command to run the game first and force it to d3d11 , like watch_dogs.exe -platform=d3d11 or something, it must be the correct platform setting.

4. Myloween

Myloween Guest

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX TITAN 6GB
    Wow very awesome, your work leaves me speechless.
    Take your time to make something wonderful even if I can't wait to try this, I follow you. :)

But I think the TXAA is a bad AA, is juste MSAA + a blurring post process, which degrades the image for me.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014

5. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    @ Kadzait - please could you post some updated comparison shots of the vanilla game at max settings vs your new config in identical locations and time of day?

I've tested your old xml config extensively today - and whilst I'm really pleased someone is trying to improve the visuals - I'm genuinely failing to spot any significant differences. Honestly.

The only times I could tell a real difference were at night, but that's because the light sources were broken and street lamps and other lights weren't generating any fill, so it looked 'different'.

6. register128

register128 Guest

GPU:
    ASus GTX 1080 STRIX OC
    Amazing Screenshots! !!

Looks really brillant. Thank you, thank you :thumbup:

Take the time you need :thumbup:

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Definetly looking very good, whatever it's doing is clearly working.

The shots definetly look better with TXAA enabled, aliasing ruins image quality alot more than a slight blur ever will.

Looking at the videos I am noticing alot of black crush, is this an issue or is it YouTube doing this?

8. Grimmycakes

Grimmycakes Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 3GB
    Hello there kadzait24 ^^

I just want to say thank you for the work you've done so far with the Watch Dogs XML settings. I'd like to offer my help if you'd like it.

Either way, keep up the great work. The XML 2.0 screenshots are looking VERY nice.

9. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    looks juuust nice Kad'

'gratz man

10. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    Where is the xml file? When I click the link at the end of the first post it says the file doesn't exist.

11. register128

register128 Guest

GPU:
    ASus GTX 1080 STRIX OC
    He working on the version 2. So i think its offline and he's going to add the new download link v2 instead

12. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    I got really weird regular cable reflections in the water with version 1.

Can't wait to see progress though, thank you.

13. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Well, I can't quite see the difference. Also since the time of day is not the same in the screenshot pairs, it's nearly impossible to tell what changed since the time of day affects the global illumination of the scene so you dont know if it's the mod making the subtle changes or it's just the sun being in a different spot.
    I could be wrong, but to my eyes it's just an increase in contrast.

14. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    the 2 first ones are dawn the second is day time tod :)

looks solid not sure what changed exactly but the picture quality is very solid also the smoke looks nice :)

Dawn tod can create some amazing visuals indeed even on my 460 GTX :)

Also made a test sequence for Benchmark Purposes and Engine evaluation you can see it here no youtube (not a user of it never will be)

https://mega.co.nz/#!48VnARTS!H7hLdqn_AeHOi-cmXK3Bk679x0UWWBmvUxCABFDrvSo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Actually doesn't matter the ToD since one of the improvements is actually the lightning at daylight, so the "sun" is better now, or call it the way you want it.

Also there is some more stuff, car reflections, water reflections, water quality, bloom, fog density at the background, texture filtering by the engine itself, road mapping, street mapping, shadows ( here a lot of changes since people always talk about shadow quality and quanitity ) trees, grass physics, rain density and splashes, better particles ( more and higher quality ) , and a lot more stuff that cant be seen exactly at 1 selected screenshot but you will see that in game.

16. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Think you can give us an approx countdown kadzait?

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    You should show some NPCs closeup it tells you alot about the light model @ different Tods :)
    you can clearly see the disonant results of the pre-baked light approach Ubisoft is driving.

[​IMG]

This is a very funny result, it feels like someone would any minute now turn of the Blue box and boom you would be in the Ubisoft Studio ;)

Maybe there is some AC connection maybe it's the new effect for the Animus from AC5 ;)

[​IMG]

Also could you show some Hair Render results of your changes ?

[​IMG]

18. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Today is near over,but there is not still be releasesd yet
    Miss the v2 XML

19. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Please post bugs and all before you nod off :) Sorry to keep asking, excited to try it!

20. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Can you take a screenshot like that in daylight with your game at different known places of the game like the E3 Threatre looking at it like in the E3 video , take a lot at daylight and I will do the same, since I don't want to mess up again the savegame ( when I use XML and I go back with original xml, the savegame makes a mess )

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.