Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This should do it, thanks berkos.

How it's supposed to be? so developers don't know, how they game sopposed to look (from artistic point of view)? Those toned colors are design choices Your changes to gamma and contrast just break the authors "vision", look at Dsihonored, Limbo, lack of colors it's not related to console power, some visual effects harmed by it but not color palette and contrast, with Your tweak some things just look ouf of place and at least for me destroys immersion.
    BTW - if for You more colors looks better that's just fine but don't say You make it look how it's supposed to look.

Everyone is proving You wrong, but looks like You refuse to see it.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. noliat

noliat Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB
    I hate to say it, but you can't take any form of criticism without resorting to thinking people are trolling or attention whores. There's so much evidence that your tweaks don't add dynamic lighting (believe it or not, vanilla does have dynamic lighting), actually breaks lighting and shadows, distorts reflections, etc. We understand that this is still a wip and there will be bugs and whatnot, but you're claiming those results as if we're all blind idiots.

Trust me, we all want the game looking its best. And we're all here to help you along. But as far as what you've provided so far, it's just a few gamma/contrast tweaks at best. You haven't actually improved the graphics, but you did manage to break the lighting and reflections. The fact that you aren't willing to accept the blatant evidence will not help you, or us, accomplish anything. Best of luck to you.

3. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Wow so much hate here :D

I think there are actually some settings that were not used in final version of the game because it was already pretty heavy on hardware.

Maybe kadzait24, you should list most important tweaks that you have tested and know that they actually make difference so people actually know what to expect.
    • BLOOM - Turned On
    • Increased Water Reflection Resolution (2048)
    • LOD distance tweak

I myself cannot test and use your mod, because of my dated hardware... I can't even max out original settings.

Still interested though :)

Also for me comparison screens also look like different TOD... position of sun is clearly different... :/ unless there is a line in xml that you have changed for that :)

4. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    I can accept it since I did with the people that doesn't troll the thread.

I know it has bugs and erros since its a WIP and you wanted it earlier.

Im updating the XML soon and I will also upload a new video you can see the night improved now, as well as heavy rain totally improved, reflections in the water and cars also improved, the street lights now reflecting and everything with bugs has been fixed.

Its improving graphics, I added new stuff, so that's new.

5. noliat

noliat Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB
    Here's proof that your ToD was different:

Comparison 1:
    i.imgur.com/iZMw9Aw.png
    i.imgur.com/joeYxKv.png

Comparison 2:
    i.imgur.com/0Fc7rfu.png
    i.imgur.com/wa6Tu2o.png

But yes, please continue adding more stuff. We will eventually test and see what works and what doesn't. You implement and we'll test! Just don't go around thinking we're haters and want this to fail lol.

6. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
  7. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yes, night shots had an issue before with some shading and I knew that since the beginning, its just like i said not easy to get everything correctly.

It can look gorgeous at night, but bad at daylight or in between, i just need to get all fine together.

That's why is a WIP and first XML is just a test, and not all the engine settings are there either.

I just uploaded a big video to YT but seems it screwed up since it keeps processing forever. I will have to re upload it.

8. Myzon26

Myzon26 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950 crossfire
    :stewpid:Are you guys serious? He doesn't have to do this. He is simply putting something out there that he likes and thinks looks good and decided to share. If you don't like it then there are many other watch dogs treads out there to read. I can't blame him/her if he/she doesn't want to conform it to what you or anyone else thinks looks good. Constructive criticism is one thing but posts like this are simply an attempt to draw attention to one's self. Lets have some class people

9. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
  10. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    That's fine, i get mad sometimes with that kind of people, that's all.

Like i said people can dislike and that's ok but not by lying.

Here is the updated XML graphics and still testing more , i will upload today some more videos showing all that.

Checkout, i will double post it in case people miss it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx6WedMwj7Q

If they talk, like it looks the same or things like that, just prove to me the game on ultra retail looks exactly the same than this video.

And the talk is over. But you know what? No one post a video like that because the XML does adds a lot of new things to the game.

11. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    hey buddy, it's not this setting that is disabling the light rays from the street lamps??

<Post>
    Post="1"
    ArtisticPost="0"
    PostFxHDR="1"
    UseCompactFPRenderTarget="0"
    UseHalfSizeSceneTexture="0"
    DelayDownsampleSceneTexture="0"
    UpdatePostFxMaskInGbuffer="0"
    ProjectedClouds="1"
    DepthOfField="1"
    UseCompositePostFx="0"
    UseCompactFPRenderTarget="0"
    UseHalfSizeSceneTexture="0"
    DelayDownsampleSceneTexture="0"
    UpdatePostFxMaskInGbuffer="1"
    UseColorGrading="1"
    FXAAQualityLevel="1"
    SSAOQuality="hmssao"
    />
    </Post>

12. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    No, its not that one. At the new video that setting is still at 0 value since it doesn't do anything good or anything at all.

The light probes and shading was wrong and now i fixed it, and i added new stuff and fixed more. Checkout new video you can clearly see everything improved and i will post new ones soon.

Its better by videos since screenshots cant show everything, most of things you notice in movement.

13. LazyPoet91

LazyPoet91 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760/2GB
    Hi, I am really impressed by this work, now as I have not a high end rig I would like to know if there are tricks to push framerate without losing the visuals. For example reducing field of view, view distance, reducing ambient occlusion or something like that?

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    [​IMG] This video has been removed by the user.

15. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:

16. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yes it can be possible but not by keeping exactly the same visuals, i will try to do low and med settings for the xml when i finish the ultra.

17. LazyPoet91

LazyPoet91 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760/2GB
    thanks, appreciate that.
    Btw, is there now also the fog in that club mission like in the trailer?
    And, what would really interest me, is there an option the enable mirror images for the character and people? This is one of the biggest fails Ubisoft made (imo)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  18. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Cant say since i didn't do the "mission" yet, but i don't think that fog will be there, that's something else.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Does look good, headlights look different now too, not shining on the road any more

Is this XML on the main post or still being tweaked ?

20. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yes that's a big fail . but i don't think i will be able to do that , there is settings for car reflection and water but not for geometry, there they just used a stupid fake reflection, if there is a setting for that i will tweak it, but still far from that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.