GeForce 337.88 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, May 26, 2014.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    [​IMG]

No problem starting or playing the game dude.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thanks! which os are you running ? 8.1 update 1 ?

this is the error i get

Code:
    Faulting application name: BatmanAC.exe, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x520000f7
    Faulting module name: dbghelp.dll, version: 6.3.9600.16520, time stamp: 0x52e690ac
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00029132
    Faulting process id: 0x10f4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cf7fbfac96144a
    Faulting application path: D:\Install\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham City GOTY\Binaries\Win32\BatmanAC.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll
    Report Id: ecd7da4b-ebb2-11e3-8303-6805ca1f53bf
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  3. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Fully up to date dude! Weird how you get that and I don't. My cards are not overclocked though. Wonder if some optimisations are making you OC a little to high.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I just tried without any oc and i still get the same. also tried some fixes i found on pcgaming wiki (DisableExceptionChainValidation) also comp modes. all get the same message.

gonna try the new .dll sdk now

hmm when i copied the new dbghelp.dll into the folder with the exe its not crashing anymore, but its just giving a black screen. so no solution still :(

also tried setting the sound to 48k instead of 96k but still the same.

OMG rivatuner statistic server 6.1.1 was the problem. i have disabled the profile and it runs straight away! i have to put it on custom direct3d support and it works then!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Is it just me or do you guys have trouble getting NVIDIA CP v-sync and/or driver fps limiter to work in windowed programs?

6. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    I don't think you can set the limiter when windowed. I think it has something to do with the way windows composes the UI, it forces its own frame limit at your monitor's set frequency. I think it also uses triple buffering.

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    It works for me in Watch Dogs when in Borderless mode. Not sure about plain windowed though.

8. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Are you using MSI Afterburner or D3Doverider? If so exclude the batman.exe from being monitored by them. In my case D3Doverider was causing it to crash until I excluded batman (by clicking on the plus sign and browsing to the exe) and once selected moving Application Detection Level to none.

9. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I am using MSI Afterburner. Batman is not excluded and I'm not getting any crashing.

10. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    driver crashes in watch dogs from nowhere

11. ze1t

ze1t Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    Not good for me. Huge stutter in BF3, back to 337.50.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Framelimiting work fine for me in windowed games, Forcing NVCP vsync in windows games on other had NEVER worked for me.

If the game has vsync option i can enabled it works though

13. somebody2978

somebody2978 Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 650 Ti 2GB AMP!
    I used Display Driver Uninstaller and Driver Sweeper to clean uninstall. I removed all trace of drivers. Included registry cleaning, automatic and manually. Same I did with nvidia hard disk files and directories.
    Reinstalled the game too.

Besides nvidia inspector, I tried to force AO since RadeonPro. The game does not crash, but not enabled. Even the key switch appears as enabled, but there are no visual signs of AO in the game.

14. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Yeah the conflict for me with Batman was D3Doverider. The games that conflicted with Afterburner were Max Payne 3 and Wolfenstein New Order.

There's quite a few games that already have profiles pre-installed in RivaTuner Statistics Server where the Application Detection Level is set to None. Any games that don't start up on my system, I can usually diagnose to these 2 programs, which you'd think would make me want to uninstall them. However I really like the FPS count, overclocking and other graphics card info that Afterburner displays on my G15 lcd. And D3Doverider helps with Triple Buffering and Vsync for games where Triple Buffering and Vsync don't function correctly, which D3Doverider smooth's out. It's easy enough to exclude games that conflict with either piece of software :)

15. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I will have to remember for the future though if any game does not work to check RivaTuner.

Thanks for the tip.

16. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    D3D overrider won't do much good in Windows 8+, DX11 and x64. RadeonPro is the only way that works everywhere and every time. Even FPS counter.

P.S.: AB ain't displaying anything. It's just fetching data. RTSS is displaying things.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    D3DOverrided works just fine in 8.1. It obviously doesn't support 64-bit applications though.

Are you sure about that? Doesn't Windows (8.1) apply that forced virtual v-sync in windowed mode? Borderless shouldn't be any different.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Sorry, I meant specifically limiting the FPS works. Vsync is applied by DWM like usual. Though it's an interesting effect to limit the FPS to 40-ish in borderless mode. It's rather smooth.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well, I can always use Dxtory when I want to limit fps. It's actually surprisingly smooth to lock the FPS to 38 (76 Hz screen).

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it applies it in the TEARing should not happen but it does not limit the FPS though if it dont then it gotta be an issue with the game