SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onesky

onesky Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 ghz ed.
    WINDOWS 8.1+Sweetfx +radeonpro

as told with Watch Dogs for me it works by disabling Cromatic Aberration (CA) with Radeon Pro

i am using:

Boulotaur2024.Injector_CeeJay.DK's.1.5.Shader+ChromaticAberrationShader

64bit dlls

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    The slight frustration, I can feel it in your post, it's like we did a role reversal. :grin:

3. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    I've been out of the loop for some time. Is 1.5.1 still the hot thing or is there something newer ?
    And my usual question after some time without using sweetfx. What are highest ebst possible settings for smaa.
    Thanks !

4. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    There would have been a new thread if there were a new SweetFX version out.

Highest possible I believe is this

Code:
    #define SMAA_THRESHOLD             0.05  //[0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold. If SMAA misses some edges try lowering this slightly. I prefer between 0.08 and 0.12.
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS        98  //[0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG   16  //[0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING          0  //[0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners. 0 seems to affect fine text the least so it's the default.

I could be wrong on the threshold never understood how that worked really. not sure if lower is meant to be up in number or down but I believe it's down. xD

Also corner rounding of 0 is not highest, but it's the best against text.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014

5. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Thanks ! That's more less how I remember it too
    was something I remember using but don't remember why those values exactly

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
  7. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Fun fact, he's well aware that RadeonPro is practically the only option for win8.1 users. xD

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yup, and even then, it's not practical because you can't tweak live alt-tab.

9. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    True but it's still the most consistent option for Win8.1 users. Hopefully Crosire's re-write is going well and we'll have a better option soon. :)

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I said Thanks K-putt

11. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Replying to him, stating SweetFX works with it like he didn't know RadeonPro was the way to get to work makes it seem like you didn't know he knew. Plus you said thanks to K-Putt with a link to the updated shaders for Boulotaur's injector that he did so it seemed like you were thanking him for the updated shaders rather than thanking him for the FAQ link. :p

12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL,what's next you going to forbid me in posting in this thread.Get a grip man.

13. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    ^ Why are you being hostile? o_O All I was saying is it didn't look like you were thanking him for anything other than the updated shaders, nor did it look like you thought he knew about RadeonPro's implementation working for win8.1..

14. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080

Finally worked for me! someone created an updated version of piterrrxd's SweetFX preset (the most downloaded) for Watch_Dogs and made it compatible with K-putt's SweetFX:

http : // sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1723

I compared it with original piterrrxd's preset and there are a lot of changes. I don't understand why this updated preset works and original piterrrxd's preset not. I disabled chromatic aberration by hand in both.

15. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Oh Dear, i can't post my screenshots :(
    or even links to them :(

16. Makurth

Makurth Member

GPU:
    GALAX - GTX 970 EXOC
    My RadeonPro works in FC3 dx11 too, With SweetFx included.

17. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    People using RadeonPro, it does not support anything with CAPTIAL LETTERS in the SweetFX tab. So don't tick them or better yet, don't use presets that are made around the newer shaders.

Don't see anything wrong with what he said, K-putt put that bundle together, he linked it and thanked him.

18. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I... Don't even.. That wasn't the.. Nevermind, not even important.

19. Shinzou

Shinzou Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 660ti, 2GB
    I have been trying to figure out how to get boulotaur's 64bit injector to work for WildStar in dx11. Right now the only way I can see that it works is by forcing dx9.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any tricks that can be tried to get it to work in dx11? The main reason is because dx11 offers better performance than dx9 in the game.

Note: This is with Windows 7, so the known Windows 8.1 dx11 issue isn't the problem.

20. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    Yup apparently you're right, googling around confirmed what you said. I wonder why it fails to hook, did they call some new DirectX functions ?
    You might have more luck with RadeonPro, it works even with Nvidia cards if I recall correctly.
    I don't plan to work on my alternate injector anymore as better alternatives are in the works (Efx, GeDoSato...)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.