Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    thanks it worked for me :)

2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I am not having any FPS issues on my end with everything maxed out, however I do need some help regarding Vsync.

Whenever I have it on I get these terrible artifacts. Have seen it is quite a common for other players as well.

Any fix for this currently or wait for next patch?

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What drivers are you using and if triple buffering is being forced in the control panel, try turning it off. Failing that, disable vsync through your wolfConfig.cfg and just have it forced via control panel.

Add this to your steam wolf launch options to disable games vsync and then force vsync through NvCpl.

+r_swapInterval 0

or

cvaradd r_swapInterval 0

^^ like this, once at the main menu and into the console. You can also just highlight that command right here from guru3d, hit ctrl+c then once in-game bring down the console then hit ctrl+v and it will paste it right in, then just press enter.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  4. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    I'm getting pink artifacts on the NPC's faces during cut scenes, no where else.

I first thought it was my GTX780ti, but when I tortured it for 3 days and it never fell over once I ruled that out.

Here's a video, sorry it was done on my phone because for some strange reason when you fire up Fraps the game doesn't do it.

http://youtu.be/qQgi_a9zeg4

Its completely random, only happens in this scene on the one person.

I am running a Benq XL2720Z 144Hz 27" Monitor

Anyone else seen this before in the game at all?
    Triple Buffering is off, and I'm running the latest drivers, happened on the old ones too. No overclock on the card.

A couple of people over at the STEAM forum have said they have, but their glitches were white, not pink.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Not huge, but I did get some 10fps on average.

you must be new to gaming. I remember doing this years and years ago. 10-15 years ago for the first time. It's very rare things like this work. It could be to do with many things.

Here's an example http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1793533

Not the same thing, but yeah, changing .exe name enables crossfire, hence better performance.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hmm so CFX and SLI is possible after all for wolfenstein (and probably rage as well). i wonder why are nvidia and amd too lazy to create a proper profile for it.
    i remember this for darksiders 1. using the crysis 1 profile enabled CFX for me back then and all AMD said it had negative scaling (which it had not)

7. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    All the renaming of the exe is doing is removing association from the driver profile. Nothing more.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Read the example you've given, properly. Homefront to UE3 is simply tricking the driver profile into thinking its Unreal Engine 3, its not changing 32bit -64bit or the opposite.
    Thats no different to taking the sli bits for UE3 and applying them to the Homefront Profile in Inspector.

Also, I tried renaming.. steam wont let it start. So i removed it from Nspector profile and maybe a slight fps increase occurred or maybe it was a placebo. Though It has nothing to do with changing the ..x64.exe to ..x32.exe. It makes no sense or logical reason. There is however.. a reason why games have two different exe's, rage, crysis to name a few. You dont get an increase from naming Rages 32 to 64 it simply wont launch.

Edit: Dude, I think you and me are trying to make two different points. I think what you are saying is that renaming an exe can lead to a performance increase. If so, i dont disagree with that. But what im saying, is that renaming an exe that contains ..x64bit to ..x32bit isnt the reason for anny possible increase in performance simply because it got renamed to ..x32 as if its now processing as a 32bit executable.

Thats why i said that link was stupid, Dirty Dan could of named it anything, hes just simply removing the exe's association with the driver profile assigned to Wolf and it seems a few now seem to think its because of the ..x32.exe part.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I didn't say it changes it to 32bit. I said it gives it a performance boost. Read! And yes, you can rename it to anything.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah thought so, that why i edited my post. We were trying to make different points.

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Thanks, will try this when I get home from work. I am on the latest WHQL drivers.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ok cool, lets us know how it goes for you. Also, if its not to much of a hassle foryou, can you please remove the wolf exe from the Nspector profile and report back if you notice any boost in performance. I tried it myself and i think there was a boost, but im not sure.

Oh and triple buffering is working fine with the iCafe drivers that are posted in the Nvidia drivers section, I only mention this cause T/B forced def gives a boost in Wolf.

13. M3TALG3AR3X

M3TALG3AR3X Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti Xtreme
    Can anyone explain why some commands need the "seta" like seta com_videoRam "2048" and other doesn´t.

thanks.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    seta is a older command from Quake 2 or 3 (Still used in Doom 3 and Rage) which basically saved the setting to the config file whereas set only added it for that play session. :)

You don't need them although you can still use them if you prefer.

Only some commands save to Wolfconfig.cfg so I'd recommend using a external file and calling it with the exec command, perhaps using the bind command like "bind f1 exec mytweaks.cfg" which will save to the wolfconfig.cfg file so you just press F1 when the game has been started and it should apply whatever is in that file.

15. M3TALG3AR3X

M3TALG3AR3X Member

GPU:
    Thanks; i put the commads in main base folder in default.cfg and i thin it works because vt_lodbias -2 and other commands are active.
    My only problem is the screen space reflections i like them it gives a great quality in some levels but in other hand i can not set r_multisamples 2 or 4, any fix for this?

note. above, you say to put some commands (like what for example) in wolfConfig.cfg("savegames")
    The file need to set as read only or the exec rewrite the file?

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Some commands when written into the console prompt will then save themselves to wolfconfig.cfg and be stored there but many others will be skipped which is why I recommended using another config file via the "exec" command or like you did alter the default config in the base folder so that no commands are suddenly lost when the wolfconfig.cfg file is updated. :)
    (Write protecting it can work but then you wouldn't be able to alter the settings in the options menu effectively.)

17. M3TALG3AR3X

M3TALG3AR3X Member

GPU:
    When i execute exec mytweak.cfg some commands are unknown like vt_cudaRle; vtcudaBudget; vt_preload also the "seta" are unknown and others say it "cannot be set in retail" to should be worried.

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I had a play with your fixes you mentioned, still get the artifacts. I don't really mind tbh, but it would be nice. Yesterday was gym day so was to tired to bother messing with it.

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unknown means the commands do not exist, some commands from Rage where removed in Wolfenstein.

The "Cannot be set in retail" problem is because many commands are locked down, it can be worked around via the "cvarrandom" command but not every locked cvar can be adjusted this way.

For example com_allowconsole is a restricted cvar so entering com_allowconsole 1 will just give that error message, however by instead entering cvarrandom com_allowconsole 1 1 you will override that restriction and set the value to 1 however it still won't allow you to open the console prompt by just pressing ~, you still need that button combo since this is one of those cvars that are still locked.

It's like Rage after the first patch (Before the unlocked 64-bit exe.) where most of the console commands were restricted so it's a bit tedious to work out what works and what doesn't and then what commands you can override and what won't work at all.

There's also a patch being worked on but it could go either way, either they'll remove these "exploits" and completely lock down the console prompt or they leave it alone, I don't think they will unlock the commands entirely but you never know.

20. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    hm... I add "vt_maxaniso 8" command in wolfconfig. After start game everything works fine but after loading or after death is aniso back on default ("4")... and I found solution when game start with 8xMSAA everytime. I managed ultra settings in "JSON" file. Custom setting in game do not work but if is managed (low. medium,high or ultra) settings in JSON and set "Ultra" in game, game start with 0xMSAA. My Ultra setting are now

shadows 4096
    cache Ultra
    Screen Space Reflection disabled
    ppf 32

other settings max... Same settings with custom profile do not works smooth and 8xMSAA is set everytime when i start game.

game now run nice and smooth in 1440p. No lags, stuttering, textures problem or huge framedrops.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.