GeForce 337.88 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, May 26, 2014.

1. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    I am getting between 60-90 FPS at 1080p in Watch_Dogs, all settings maxed with 4xMSAA. MSAA was the less intrusive of the AA methods I found, causing fewer stutters. I also have enabled the 16xAF in the NV control panel, per the guide on geforce.com. So far, no crashes. I've played about 3 hours so far. These drivers so far have only crashed in FC Blood Dragon (all settings maxed except AA). Everything else has been stable.

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I was having this strange issue with watch dogs that sometime when loading the game it only plays at 2fps. other times it 40-60fps.

yesterday the game when setting txaa4 the fps would drop to 2fps. and only disabling antialising would give higher fps.

2 hours later the game decided to run higher fps with txaa4 enabled.:3eyes:

im blaming aliens on this one.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  3. radz

radz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570 1279 MB
    played 6 hours without a crash -fallout3 using beta 337.50 couldn't go 5 minutes using 337.88whql.
    Me thinks the problems stem from the juggling of changing power and data requirements in order to fullfill necessities in a timely manner to render complex scripting and 3d audio/video/effects. it has become so complicated that if windows doesn't dance with the drivers sound/ audio /mainboard/ storage at exactly the right time or exactly the right sequence then FREEZE.I've found a simple file defrag sometimes will chang the outcome. like many game engines- seems debuging falls on the end user. it sucks.

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    or the fact that fallout 3 has issues with multiple cpu threads

5. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Medium Settings for a smooth 60 FPS here.

The game is very CPU and VRAM hungry. My VRAM was hitting my 2gb limit on High Texture settings and my i5 1st gen 750 CPU was running at over 90%. I was getting huge stutters.

Switching to Medium Textures, MHBAO, FXAA, Depth of Field: On, Level of Detail: Medium, Reflections High, Shader/Shadows/Textures: Medium and Water: High, gives me an almost constant 60 FPS (which is more than GTA IV ever gave me on the same setup)and the game still looks good in my opinion.

I think the game is well made. A patch may improve performance slightly but unless people are willing to swallow their pride and turn down the graphics settings OR get a 4th Gen i7 along with a 4GB high end card then your going to have problems on Ultra Settings or even High Settings. As an all round top rig is required. Putting the game on an SDD drive does help with smoothness.

6. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    so does these drivers have the wolfenstein sli profile from the 81 betas?

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nope, from Titan 337.91 driver
    SLI bits: 0x00000004
    SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_ONE
    SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_SINGLE
    Hybrid_ogl_rendering 0x00000004 (Rage, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Doom 3 BFG)

8. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    hey thanks

9. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    i can play Watch Dogs perfect with a gtx 770 gtx 2GB with high textures and shadows and temporal SMAA min fps i got is 54, i really fell bad for those who wished to play this game in full ultra settings, really the gtx titan black for $900 is too much just for play this kind of games, but well i imagine thats the cost of being an entusiast.

Ans the drivers are great, no problem here

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You do realize it just forces the game to use ONE card right?

11. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Watch Dogs Texture Streaming Fault

Actually I was wrong saying there wasn't a problem with Watch Dogs. Eurogamer tried testing with a 6gb Titan backed up with a six-core Intel i7 3930K and were still getting frame rate inconsistency despite being way above the recommended specs.
    See this link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-dogs-face-off

They suggest a GTX 770 should be able to play on High settings with 60fps. They advice that by selecting 2 frame Vsync and putting the game at half refresh rate (for most users 30fps) will mean less strain on CPU and higher settings should be obtainable. I'm going to give temporal SMAA and HBAO+ and maybe a few other High settings a go and see if I can get a constant 30fps. Then work out if I prefer High Settings at 30fps or Medium at 60fps.

Eurogamer puts the performance issues of the game down to ultra-level assets not streaming in and out of ram fast enough resulting in stutter. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a patch to fix this.

12. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    How do you see FPS in the game Watch Dogs?

13. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb

Use Fraps , it free , i was looking at the config file for watchdogs the other day and noticed show FPS in there ,it was set to 0 but when i set it to 1 it still didn't show in game fps ,so fraps is the way to go
    PS or you could use Afterburner which i think most people here do including myself
    However i have found that afterburner sometime causes the watchdog game to crash on startup .

14. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    MSI Afterburner + RTSS would be my choice.

Btw. getting some weird stuttering in FIFA 14. FPS is locked on 72 via RTSS, and never drops but still the game lags. 337.6x beta had the same problem.

15. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Sorry i do not use MSI Afterburner much, but i can't find settings to see FPS in games, were can you find that in MSI Afterburner?

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    there where you enable OSD monitoring for other stuff, somewhere bellow..

[​IMG]

17. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    I have a Logitech G19 keyboard, so I have stats on my LCD screen of that. I use MSI afterburner to get the stats. The new version is great and includes a lot of additional information.

18. Baasha

Baasha Guest

GPU:
    GTX-580 Class. 3GB 4-Way
    I sent you an email with that data. Please help me ASAP.

Thanks.

19. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    Somebody already found a fix for the stuttering. I have the fix but would be breaking forum rules for linking it. My game used to play horribly but now my game runs as smooth as silk.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    care to share in pm? :)