Modded Catalyst 14.6 Beta v1.0 (switchable graphics fix)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mahmoud elfar, May 27, 2014.

?

Did you find that driver helpful and working good??

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. Needs more work (post your feedback)

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    you are welcome any time you need help i'm here :)

2. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    remove your old driver uninstall old intel + old amd + use ddu to clean and install the latest intel driver then disable driver signature enforcement and install the modded driver:)

3. Y0!

Y0! Active Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
    So, I installed an Intel 3517 driver for my HD 3000 card, and then - this modded AMD one.
    My HP dv6-6077er doesn't support a so-called dynamic mode, but on this modded driver I have a switching menu as if my laptop supported a dynamic mode: i.imgur.com/SwbcblK.png
    It has never been possible to choose a specific card for every program when using a fixed mode, and the only HP-made graphics driver which supported it, was very buggy, so HP removed this feature in their latest drivers (dated Sep 2011...). I also didn't have this feature using any of the "original" AMD drivers. So I guess I shouldn't have it.
    I tested fps in CS:GO and I have 10-15% less fps comparing to the "real" fixed mode.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English :)

4. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    if u read the topic you will see that the fixed mode is unsupported with this driver due to amd not me if u need your fixed mode use the modded 14.4 whql
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=388630

5. Y0!

Y0! Active Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
    OK, I got it.
    Btw, may be it's even better for me that there is only this "dynamic switching" menu, because I got 0x1000007e BSOD every time when switching from Intel to AMD or when turning on a laptop with Radeon as an active card, and now I have only Intel working almost all the time, and it switches to AMD only when launching the specific programs.
    I think it can be a solution for my BSOD issue finally :)
    Thanks you for your work.

6. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    you are welcome,check your bios for updates you may find an update for dynamic mode

7. myfriz

myfriz Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7970m 2GB
    thanks a very much lot, bro! LeeKN has been suspended, but you are continue this true work! our community bless you and your team! these 14.6 drivers are absolutely COOL! the MANTLE finally works on Enduro! (I have the same notebook as Lee). So , thank you and good luck in the future!

8. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    you are welcome ,thanks for your support and confirmation :)

9. HenriLoso

HenriLoso Guest

GPU:
    HD 7730M
    Is Mantle on BF4 showing after what Mahmoud said?I'm pretty sure I applied the update on Feb 2 to get the option, don't know why Graphics API is not showing up.

10. krain11

krain11 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 960M
    So far so good.

11. Periklis

Periklis New Member

GPU:
    AMD 8870m
    No i dont see the api selection for mantle yet...

12. claudmirror

claudmirror Guest

GPU:
    AMD 8870M
    Mantle work's on amd 8870m ???

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Drivers work just fine on Asus K53TA with Llano chip. Didnt notice any problems so far...

14. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    i dont have mantle so i cant confirm that but you can try it

15. atoneapone

atoneapone Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6650M +6520g/ 1GB
    :) Good to know it mostly works fine. I would have chosen this release if they still had the Radeon Dual graphics menu. On our laptop many games run a little better with disabled dual gfx, while some games actually run better with dual gfx enabled (crossfire on). I'm ok with the missing switchable gfx method menu but I hope they bring back the Radeon Dual gfx menu. I suspect this change was necessary for making mantle run properly on mobile laptop dual gfx (unfortunately it's incompatible with our 6600M graphics).

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014

16. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    i also think that they remove the support of dual graphics to support mantle

17. Lucasn

Lucasn Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD8850/ Intel 4400
    Hello guys!
    First I would like to thank you, mahmoud for the modded driver.
    And then I would like to give you my feedback in order to help the community and your further mods.
    I own a laptop with the Radeon HD8850M (switchable with the Intel HD4400) and I have installed and been testing you driver in the last few days, especially in Battlefield 4.
    It works great! I got a performance increase (without mantle), and the mantle option is available in the ingame Options Menu, but, once it's activated and the game restarts, the FPS increases, but instead of getting smoother, it gets laggy, like a stop motion. And I don't know if this is just with me, but there's nothing about mantle in the CCC.
    Anyway, I am currently using the 10.18.10.3308 version of the Intel driver, and your version of the AMD one. If anyone could help me with this I will be very thankfull.
    Nevertheless, keep doing the great work, and once more, thanks!:thumbup:

(Sorry about the bad english)

18. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    i saw a lot of people in the community here having problem with mantle in BF4 with that driver hope amd solve it in the future release sadly my GPU doesnt support mantle so i can't test it

19. Lucasn

Lucasn Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD8850/ Intel 4400
    Ok then, thank you for the support. If i find something about it I will let you guys know.

20. iSe7en

iSe7en Guest

GPU:
    Intel 4400/Radeon HD8870M
    apply the update on March 31 to get mantle work

Mantle work fine on hd 8870m