AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta v1.0 (14.200.0 May 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by spectatorx, May 27, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, I'd feel like I'm chatting though, I want to down things because I aimed accurately, not because I had aiming help.

2. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    i don't have higher temps with this ones compared to 14.4. furmark shows same temps, idle is same too. w_d runs worse in my case, with more stuttering. double checked, ddu, safe mode etc...
    also zerocore seems like its not working

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Sorry, I has a bad English.
    It should be, did AMD driver can force Temporal SMAA by using the CCC now?

Because it said:Enabling Temporal SMAA in the AMD Catalyst Control center.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  4. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    mmmm....is HydraVision missing from these drivers !! :3eyes:

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ooh a nice new problem, CCC won't start and has quit itself from system tray, so now I can't disable Eyefinity

EDIT - Just remembered another bug that should work as a workaround for this new bug, restarting the machine kills eyefinity

6. WittyScreenName

WittyScreenName Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire r7 260x 2gb
    Higher temps across the board with these aswell.
    Was idle at 37-38c,now ~42c

Other than that,great drivers!

What are you using to monitor? MSI ABs fan tachometer has been broken since 13.20 but the Fan Speed % is fine for me.

7. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    i never said it was a permanent solution, just a temporary "fix" until ubisoft gets off their asses and fixes this. did you notice the quote marks on "fix"?, i don't think you did.

secondly, i am running sub-30 fps because I choose to run max settings on top of a high downsampled resolution with a single HD 7970, as i'm not willing to compromise visual fidelity. this is my personal decision. you can easily run it at 1080 with the same settings and lock it to a SOLID 30 fps or alternatively, non-locked 40 - 60 fps with fluctuations, which is perfectly fine for any third person game. this isn't a fps twitch shooter...

get upset/dismayed with AMD/ubisoft. i'm just sharing a temp solution to the horrible stuttering issue.

8. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Lovely drivers did the usual DDU in safe mode rebooted started the install and buggar WTF 3 stripes of pretty colours down the screen and a hard reboot to windows only to find out that the only bit installed was the driver no MOM no CCC or anything else bloody lovely AMD Keep up the good work /S

9. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    lol...this "PC master race mentality" is kind of ridiculous. you can't play a game like watch dogs at a locked 30 fps?? this isn't BF4 or counter-strike. you don't need 60 -120 fps to play this game smoothly. especially if you play it with a game pad instead of kb/mouse.

10. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    can you post screens of this like i did? i don't doubt you, but i find that very strange considering i'm running at a resolution well above 1080p without exceeding 2.7GB on a 3GB card. either way, at 3.4-3.6gb, youre still not exceeding your 4GB limit, so again this demonstrates it's not a vram bottleneck problem.

go to the gaf performance thread and read through some of the posts. this isn't a vram/hardware issue at all. there appears to be an issue with the texture streaming algorithms on PC. there's a bug/optimization issue going on. and by the looks of it, i seriously doubt ubisoft will do anything to fix it.

11. cowman

cowman Guest

I'll grab screenshots the next time I play but I run 1440p and had everything on Ultra with MSAA 4x and I was constantly getting out of memory warnings. I lowered my textures to High and the warning went away...

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    There are a load of my screens showing vRAM usage in the beginning of the watch dogs thread somewhere, the date that it leaked will be the date of my screens to make it easier to find

Starting @ post 1546
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=364016&page=62

13. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    BSOD and Random Reboots

Random reboots while PC is idle and bootup BSOD are the new features for me with 14.6 Beta.

Never had the frequent bootup BSOD problem before (in many years), but the random reboot problem existed in two of the older Catalyst drivers too (when they first started using .NET v4.0 and again when they started using .NET v4.5). I'm using .NET v4.5.2.

Now the problem is back. Reported it to AMD, but well....

Random reboot is massively irritating when downloading at night.

Anyway, it's time to upgrade my system so I guess I'll just totally circumvent this problem next time around :)

14. fabiovtec

fabiovtec Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 270X @1270
    no problems here...

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You disabled Hardware Acceleration in flash player ?

That causes bsods if you leave it enabled

16. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    i've had two BSOD's since installing 14.6. i got one last night while playing watch dogs. i did recently up my 2500k's OC to 4.7GHz, but i didn't start having such issues until i installed 14.6....

17. foreverthewolf

foreverthewolf Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 270x 2gb DD
    I have a AMD R9 270x 2gb XFX and I run everything maxed out on three screen's and never have any issue's with driver relatied stuff I guess im just lucky :)

18. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Anyone with a 5870m still like me? If you do, are you noticing that the 14 series drivers are not so good performance wise? I'd even go as far as saying a 12 series version may be better than the latest releases. Opinions? Besides upgrade of course.

19. Nomad_Soul_

Nomad_Soul_ Guest

GPU:
    AMD 280X
    I'm getting something odd with the 14.6s with my 280x and LG 32LD450 TV/display. Upon installing the 14.6s, I noticed things look a little fuzzy and colors appear washed out. When I saw the new 'pixel format' I thought I'd solve it instantly by moving over to the full range RGB setting, but colors are still washed out compared to 14.4, all previous drivers, and even Microsoft's default drivers (no drivers installed). Tried other pixel format settings as well, but to no avail. Any ideas? For now, I've gone back to 14.4 and all is good again.

20. BaNsHiE

BaNsHiE Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 7970 TriFire
    With that video card you should be able to max everything out, especially on three monitors.

BaNsHiE