Modded Catalyst 14.6 Beta v1.0 (switchable graphics fix)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mahmoud elfar, May 27, 2014.

?

Did you find that driver helpful and working good??

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. Needs more work (post your feedback)

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    :D you are welcom , w anta b kol khair

2. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    Hi Mahmoud good job. I used my laptop for gaminng base on my test so far so good no crash no bsod no problem at all. thanks to your driver update cheers!

:tomcat::tomcat::tomcat:

3. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    you are welcome mate:)

4. Emre9110

Emre9110 Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 280X VAPOR-X
    I am a notebook user. I have i5 3210m cpu, intel hd4000 gpu and amd radeon 7730m gpu.

Mantle working with this moded driver ?

5. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    yes it's offically now supported by amd on enduro systems on the supported GPUs

6. Periklis

Periklis New Member

GPU:
    AMD 8870m
    I can't see the Mantle option in Battlefield 4. I see the option for Mantle on Thief with the 14.6 but it dosent work with BF4.

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Intel i7 mobile
    Intel HD 4400
    AMD 8870m
    16GB Ram

7. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    update your BF4 to the latest patch and check the mantle option in the ccc

8. squarl

squarl Guest

GPU:
    8970m/2
    Mahmoud, could you please explain how to modd drivers to make them work with switchable graphics/powerexpress, so you can choose only dGPU ? Are there only registry entries needed to be added or it requieres some deep driver's modifications? I tried to figure it out on my own, but it didn't work. It would be great and very usefull, if someone explains how does it really work with powerexpress support by driver form Amd.

9. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    selecting dGPU only and disable the iGPU depends only on your bios check your bios if it support that

10. squarl

squarl Guest

GPU:
    8970m/2
    My Bios does support that features. But it is not the point. The Point is to select in CCC the GPU. I have MSI GX60 with unlocked BIOS. I can disable igpu, but it will also couse disabling video output. That is why a i really need the powerexpress features(select manually which graphics adapter to use in windows, if i select in BIOS dgpu power down-disabled). But this function is not available in catalalyst 14.6, it worked fine until this release. I don't know why amd disabled this powerexpress feature. I just want to know how i can enabled this again. Is this a registry issue or it depends on driver?

11. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    14.6 (14.200.0.0) isn't support fixed switching mode only dynamic mode so revert back to the 14.4 whql i also have the fixed mode but with 14.6 i lost it

12. squarl

squarl Guest

GPU:
    8970m/2
    That's too bad. I hope amd will continue supporting this features and this was only a mistake in beta. In dynamic switching mode directcompute and opencl runs on igpu, which is really weak compared to 8970 and it couses real performance issues in 3D aplications. I hope it is not a new marketing policy of Amd because of HSA in Kaveri, which is working only on igpu and requiers igpu to be constantly active. May be someone knows how works fixed switching mod? May be there is some registry values to enable it ?

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  13. bigspin

bigspin Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GForce 7900GTX
    Hello Mahmoud, thanx for the fixed driver. I have one question,

What happens if I install the driver without px profiles? Original AMD driver doesn't have px profiles and it seems driver install without a issue.

My notebook is Clevo P170SM (Core i7 4800/ AMD 8970M 4GB)

14. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    what is the mode that your bios support fixed mode or dynamic or both?

15. bigspin

bigspin Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GForce 7900GTX
    Err no idea.

:bang:

All i know is dGPU is routed through the iGPU and i cannot disable dGPU(8970M). Enduro notebook.

16. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    enduro is dynamic switching so it should work with you follow the instructions
    and tell me what you get

17. n2hearse

n2hearse Guest

GPU:
    HD8750M 2Gb GDDR3
    Thanks for the advice, now I know what means "ULPS" :giggle2: , but seems my card doesn´t got it. I've not found in the registry.

Finally I solved it uninstalling Afterburner, passing Ccleaner, and installing it again with the typical option on OC mode "without powerplay support".

Working fine

18. rishab

rishab Guest

GPU:
    amd 6770m 2gb
    will i get switchable graphics with this driver ...i does not come wen i installed previous drivers i followed all the steps .. plz help

19. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    do clean uninstall. just read topic here in forum to learn how to clean uninstall and make sure your card is enduro or powerexpress:bang:

20. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    I want to thank you mahmoud. your moded driver is perfect i use my laptop for gaming and your moded driver is best driver ever. i dont have any problem with my laptop when is used it in game no crash and slutering etc. you're the best mahmoud. tnx:rpg: