AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta v1.0 (14.200.0 May 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by spectatorx, May 27, 2014.

1. rentalbrain

rentalbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 7950
    Mixed Resolution eyefinity works great. Very happy:)

2. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    yea they maybe fixed it with 14.6 Beta on win 7 x64 ,but who still have this black in video colour with 14.6 maybe coz he didn't did a full Clean with (DDU) & Driver Sweeper or Driver Fusion that removes 1 file belongs to CCC :pc1:

3. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    With previous betas & Whql on win 7 had that bug black in video colour...& They maybe fixed it with 14.6 Beta on win 7 x64 ,but if u still have this black in video colour with 14.6 maybe coz u didn't did a full Clean with (DDU) & Driver Sweeper or Driver Fusion that removes 1 file belongs to CCC :pc1:

4. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Looks like the heat is a constant thing for many people. I been here and there and some people have gone back to 14.4 regardless because of the extra heat this driver pushes.

Not sure what to do. My card gets hotter than I like as it is, this driver has made it worse. At the same time it unlocked my card and gave me the performance I was lacking. Now my benchmarks are comparable to others.

5. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    hi there, i have a small pb with this drivers :

Sometimes my screen gives me NO SIGNAL message, after a couple of hour of using or after 5 minutes... My Monitor is connected by Display Port to my CFX of HD7950...

Any idea ? there is not screensaver or energy saver enabled.

Thanks

6. Darkerm

Darkerm Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7650M
    plz someone give me the download link for laptop GPU/mobility of this driver.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Extra heats not a problem for me, only hitting 85 underload on the GPU, and 67/68 on the CPU (was 79/80 GPU - 57/58 CPU before these), temps are fine.

8. SeruX

SeruX Member

GPU:
    7870 1212/1331
    I think AMD is forgetting the serie 7xxx cards last good viable driver for this series is 13.12 all 14.x is underperforming in 10~15% and is shuttering and hiccup way more than 13.x

i7-2600k@4.5ghz, 7870 1212/1331 2GB

13.12 Watchdogs Texture High everything else on ultra 44~55

14.4 Watchdogs Texture High everything else on ultra 35~43

14.6 Watchdogs Texture high everything else on ultra 37~48

i will keep with 13.12 for couple more weeks hoping AMD remember of serie 7xxx on next whql driver =[

9. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Did this means that, AMD driver now supported Temporal SMAA, or it is just typo?

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Temporal SMAA exists in Watch Dogs for AMD cards. Not a typo.

11. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I can't get 1125/1250 because of the heat. It pushes me to 92c and my clock starts throttling as I'm nearing the thermal limits. 1100/1250 I stay below 90c in games but get to 90c during benchmarks.

12. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Interesting , i shall try those. Not surprising as they're struggling to support even their top cards. I got no perf. boost from 14.4 whql to 14.6 beta

13. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    Have a look at undervolting your 3d core a little with Afterburner (or any other tweaking app)

I found that after using GeDoSaTo to replay Deadspace in 5k my gpu usage was at always @ 100% even spining up my fans to 100% i was hitting 97c ! :flame:

Default 3d core on my powercolor 7970 v3 was (bios set) to 1.175 mV i got this down to 1.044 mV and still keep a stable 1ghz/1500 core/mem

After that little core tweak i got still got 100% usage @5k but only 81% fan keeping temps about 80c give or take 2-3 degrees

Might not be for ppl with super massive core OC's but it worked out great for me

Just dropped in 14.6 to see how they go,i don't have WD to test as its an ubi game i'll wait for the patches/sale and see how AMD get on with future optimizations (i doubt that will be very good from what i read about nV's code obscuring games) been burnt way to many times by them in the past to buy anything they release at full price.....

14. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Undervolting is counter productive with an overclock. I can still do 85c with my AC on with my 1100/1250OC so I guess it's alright, but any higher of an OC makes it hit the wall and the clock starts to throttle.

15. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Funny i see no gains in this drivers

16. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Thief crossfire support under mantle added today with 1.5 patch, requires drivers at least 14.6 to make crossfire work properly.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Eyefinity doesn't stick when you reboot with these drivers

Nice one AMD, thought Eyefinity was one of your amazing new tweaks in these drivers, I guess you never tested them by REBOOTING the machine

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    has the disconnecting monitor when in powersave issue been resolved in these?

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Both vendors can run Watch Dog's Temporal SMAA - courtesy of Ubisoft Montreal, nothing to do with Nvidia or AMD. This is not NV TXAA.

I could be wrong (I run 4MSAA, and not looking back) but I wasn't overly impressed with Temporal SMAA, felt almost the same as SMAA.
    Crysis 3 SMAA T2X was better in fighting temporal aliasing.
    Though it could have something to do with WD urban setting, ie huge number of vert/horizontal lines giving rise to pixel crawling.

20. BaNsHiE

BaNsHiE Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 7970 TriFire
    My Eyefinity has made it thru 5 boots thankfully but I can confirm Eyefinity with crossfire does not work well with mantle on these drivers:thumbdown

Directx 11 seems to run cleaner with BF4 so iI am enjoying that.

BaNsHiE