Black screen after windows logo/ starting windows

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Masei, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Masei

Masei Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    So far what happens is that when i boot my computer it goes black after the starting windows part. I have tried to uninstall my display drivers and then reinstall them. After unistalling them i was able to boot it however after the reinstall the same problem occurred. I have tried this with the previous, current and latest beta driver. Thanks for the help :)

Windows 7 64x

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I had a black screen problem yesterday. I solved it by unplugging the monitor cable from my pc and plugging back.

Then the logon screen appeared. And I reinstalled the drivers, problem solved!

Edit: Never forget to properly use DDU when updating drivers. Uninstall previous drivers->DDU->reboot->install new drivers.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  3. Masei

Masei Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    Okay thanks ill give it a try :)

4. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I hope it helps! :D

5. Masei

Masei Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    Didn't seem to work :( tried using my 2nd monitor in the HDMI aswell to no avail

6. SecondThoughts

SecondThoughts Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 760 4GB
    That's a common and very, very annoying problem with AMD's drivers. Usually happens on random, uninstall in safe mode, cleanup everyhting with Driver Fusion, reinstall the driver and you should be G2G.

7. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
  8. Masei

Masei Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    I have tried doing both of those suggestions :(

9. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I have the same problem and there are two solutions:
    1. Install other version of driver (elder or newer) which works.
    2. Connect your display with anything else but hdmi.

What is even more odd the same issue i have under linux, to be more specific lubuntu 14.04 amd64.

To me problem remains with whql version of driver, just checked it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  10. AxelL

AxelL Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX1080
    I have black screen problem too, for a few days. But I only got it if I'm playing 10-15 minutes full screen. Signal lost, I can hear the game in the background but nothing brings back the signal, only a restart, and even that is only from a few minutes of waiting. I tried to test my temps on the videocard, but it seems to be ok. Removed all overclocks searched for viruses, now I'm trying a DVI-HDMI cable to connect to my TV. I hope it helps! I read everything already, from PSU failure to videocard problem. I just installed the new 14.6 driver, (before I got the 14.4) and I had the issue again. I really hope it is just a software issue.

11. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    I had the black screen issue the first few times i installed my R9 280X. Luckily I have VNC installed so fired up my tablet and logged in and set a different screen mode and low and behold the monitor sprung to life. Hope this helps with a quick work around for people able to d this.