Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That DeferredFXQuality = "console" setting changed to "pc" has been confirmed via comparison shots to not make any difference to the game by the way. Check the NeoGAF thread for the screenshots.

This game does have the most realistic looking water I have seen to date though, better even than Just Cause 2 with the NVIDIA effects, and it is a pleasure to swim in it! :D

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    I start a new game and then crash:

"Amd driver stopped working".

I have the 14.4 WHQL

3. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz

Yeah u got the point, textures on medium looks like crap, as if i play a xbox360 game, soo lame. Why is that hard to limit the vram on textures set to high, if they say there its for 2gb vram cards.

I dont like GTA games, but i bet if GTA5 will arrive on PC, that game will have more quality textures vs. watch dogs, and it will use less vram.

This watch dogs game is in development for 5 freacking years, and the final product seems to be a post-beta game, they worked on what ? Consoles, and then copy-pasted it on PC, and put the janitor guy from ubisoft to try it on PC and give the thumbs up after ? WTF !
    The majority of their customers still have 2gb cards, because some years back, 2gb cards were the max. They must think marketing and economics, plus this game is stamped as an nvidia game, and nvidia has put less vram on their cards vs. lately AMD cards, so double WTF ?!?

If i play with console textures, then i should play in on consoles and get done with it.

The future of ubisoft's pc games will be very bad, why ? cuz they dont like us. why ? i dunno, because AC2 pirated records ?

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  4. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Then sell your PC and get a Wii-U

6. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    "B..b...bu...but the water!"

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    NO TESSELLATED WATER FOR YOU!!!!!! (Seinfeld reference)

I agree from the screen shots the foliage looks very bland and the lighting is flat (but accurate). The water looks awesome and the character models look very good. BTW how are all of you playing the game already I don't have a preload or a CD key yet (pre-order through U-Play)?

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well there is still the chance of a day one mega patch, games due what the 27th? lol.

Maybe we should just try to muddle on however and see what happens game launch day.

9. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

I can't wait for downsampled screenshots of tessellated water with ****FX.

10. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Calin I have no idea what you are arguing about honestly. The game seems very demanding and that's a very good thing. Does it justify the requirements ? Well, in part the game looks really stunning (dat water..) and the texture work is much more impressive than many people give it credit for, a open-world of that scale with so much detail is unprecedented on PC.

And this is coming from someone who will not max out this game even at 1080p, I'm glad to see more games having "future proof" settings so when I upgrade I have another reason to play the game again. :) It's something I really love about PC.

I think "max settings" should only be for true enthusiasts with very high-end rigs, that's the true philosophy of PC gaming : scalability.
    Provided there is a decent range of options to accomodate lower specs I seriously can't find a reason to complain.

Anyway we should all keep in mind that PC games are going to require more and more if you chase maximum settings and that makes me very excited for the next few years.

In truth the only thing that irks me is that Nvidia and Ubisoft have gone soft on this game : only HBAO+ and TXAA as Nvidia features is disappointing.
    I was looking forward to some Turbulence goodness. :(

11. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

There's barely going to be a difference. I swear, people get this placebo effect from day 1 patches.

12. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    PC gamers have moved up.

Now it's all about screenshots of tessellated water instead of pictures of the ground. Oh lets not forget pics with **** tons of motion blur and DOF.

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You've been hanging out with SLI-758 haven't you.

Motion Blur is garbage and the first thing I turn off in a game.

14. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I do to. Who ever decided video games needed this is an idiot. Looks good in videos though...

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  15. avrion

avrion Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 1080Ti
    Anisotropic Filtering

Anyone else notice the lack of AF in the game? I tried forcing it in the drivers but it won't work.

I took some pics to showcase this but this is my first post and i'm not allowed to post links, any way around this?

16. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    How to solve the crashes to desktop?

"Driver stopped working"

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sorry if already posted
    http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...ers_get_whats_coming_to_them_the_most_seeded/

Dear god man!

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
  19. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Nvidias 337.81 drivers have AF enabled by default. 16X to be exact.

20. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    TXAA is the best feature Nvidia has implemented for years and not to forget HBAO+ :0). Watch Dogs looks stunning with these features !. It´s not E3 2012 visuals, but at times in comes pretty darn close to the E3 2012 footage imo ;0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.