MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Official(2014-05-21)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, May 21, 2014.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hi guys, the Afterburner 3.0.0 Official is ready for you to download. this version supports the control of NVIDIA and AMD graphics card, if you get the card, you may try to play it.

Change note:
    Ported to new VC++ compiler, new core and skin engine libraries with better extendibility
    Added Bonaire, Curacao and Hawaii graphics processors family support
    Added core and auxiliary VDDCI voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON R9 290/290X series graphics cards with IR3567B voltage regulators
    Added core voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON R7 260/260X series graphics cards with NCP81022 voltage regulators
    Added core voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON 7790 series graphics cards with NCP81022 voltage regulators
    Added NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0 technology support for NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan graphics cards:
    ***9678; Added slider for temperature limit adjustment
    ***9678; Added option for linked power limit and temperature limit adjustment
    ***9678; Added option for temperature limit prioritizing
    ***9678; Added maximum voltage adjustment
    Improved NVAPI access layer architecture with better extendibility
    Improved AMD ADL access layer with Overdrive 6 support to provide compatibility with future AMD GPUs
    Added NCP4206 voltage regulators support to provide compatibility with future custom design MSI graphics cards
    Improved voltage control layer architecture provides better compatibility with automatic voltage control on NCP4206 voltage regulators
    Improved hardware monitoring module architecture with better extendibility
    Added voltage control mode selection option to the "Compatibility properties" section in "General" tab. Now you can toggle between reference design, standard MSI and extended MSI voltage control modes
    Added "boost edition" / "GHz edition" GPU type selection option for reference design AMD RADEON 7970 and AMD RADEON 7950 based graphics cards to "AMD compatibility properties" section in "General" tab
    Added GPU usage averaging algorithm for Overdrive 6 capable AMD GPUs. Now displayed GPU usage is being averaged by sliding window to smooth GPU usage artifacts occurring due to bug in AMD ADL API on AMD Sea Islands GPU family
    Added optional unified GPU usage monitoring path via D3DKMT performance counters. You may tick "Enable unified GPU usage monitoring" option in "AMD compatibilities properties" in "General" tab as a workaround to replace native AMD GPU usage monitoring if it is working improperly (e.g. broken GPU usage monitoring in AMD ADL API for AMD Sea Islands GPU family)
    voltage regulatos...etc., please refer the update note.

Download link:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/msi_afterburner_beta_download.html

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Thank you MSI and Unwinder. :thumbup:

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanks guys :)

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nice one thanks :)

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thank you MSI pity about the R9 295X2 support.

6. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    This issue is well still an issue! Reported ages ago in the beta bugs :(

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If CCC is resetting the settings at OS startup even when you don't ask it to control fan speed via Overdrive, why should it be solved from AB side?

8. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    alex, is this first sign of upcoming plugin support? you know what i'm waiting for ...
    anyway, thanks from an old rt user too ...

cheers

9. Unwinder

I'm afraid nope. Furthermore, I seriously reduced the time I invest in development of additional bonus functionality. New beta releases anyway just annoy people and return in form of hate.

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Alexey, please remember that many of us appreciate your hard work, and that the ones most vocal are always the complainers, that's the Internet. Keep up the hard work and thank you for this release. :)

11. octiceps

octiceps Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 650M SLI
    This makes me really sad and disappointed. :(

There are many, many people who appreciate your work and we vastly outnumber the whiners/complainers. Unfortunately, it is the nature of the Internet that the vocal minority tend to drown out everyone else.

So there's nothing new in this version over Beta 19 except non-expiring stable status and updated RTSS? That's all I could glean from the change log.

12. l_gel

l_gel Member

GPU:
    MSI r7850
    It amazes me that people hate something they are getting for free.

Thank you for your work.

13. pupin

pupin Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX780
    Hello Unwinder,

Thank you for the hard work you put into this program!

I would like to report a bug with RTSS v6.1.1:

My monitor is 1920x1200. With some games (Child of Light, Transistor) set at my monitor's native resolution, own statistics (fps) is being displayed at wrong location (much lower than it should, close to middle of the screen).

The problem is solved if I switch game resolution (for both titles above) to 1920x1080, then statistics is being displayed properly at the top left corner of the image.

Any lead on this?

14. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Thanks for your hard work Unwinder. AB is one of the first programs I install when I do a reformat/reinstall.

I don't know if this has been requested before, too many posts to comb through. But I was wondering if it would be possible at some point, to have the Active Hardware Monitoring Graphs easier to manage. I don't use half of them and I like to group the monitors I do use, by GPU (SLI setup). Right now, for example, I want to move gpu2 temp to the top, I have to drag it to the top of the window, scroll up, drag it to the top again and repeat a couple of times. Perhaps a "right click" menu with Move up or Move to top? I know theres a million other things that take priority over that so I'll just leave this suggestion and won't bug you about again.

Anyways, thanks again for all your efforts man. :)

15. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    +1

Most of us who just drop in the odd 'thanks' arent nearly as vocal as the 'noisy minority'.

Thanks again.

16. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Thans for nvec recording fix one litle thing to fix the recording button i cant use M keys on my cmstorm keyboard

17. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    First of all, thanks for your work, much appreciated!

Just have a look at the number of downloads of AB.
    Beta 17 had 47.000, Beta 18 over 80.000 (!!) and Beta 19 again over 47.000 downloads.
    So if there are 10, 20 or maybe 50 people whining and claiming about expiring betas... let them whine and don't listen to them.
    There are ten-thousands of other people which go confirm with your strategie and are glad to see public betas from you.
    We can't wait to see what you'll puzzle out for the next beta.

Please keep up the good work!

18. pupin

pupin Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX780
    A followup on this issue, I think I may have a clue on what is happening.
    The real resolution is 1920x1200, but both games render the image at 1920x1080 (leaving black border at top and at bottom). And apparently RTSS statistics is taking into count 1200 pixels hight, somehow resulting in it displayed about 120 pixels lower than the 1080 top corner. Does this make any sense?

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  19. Unwinder

You have OSD coordinate space setting for that in OSD server. Try to read its context help.

20. pupin

pupin Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX780
    Thanks Unwinder for your reply. I did see that, and already tried both Viewport and Framebuffer settings. But with these games, the behavior is identical for both options, so it does not solve the problem. And it happens only when vertical resolution is set to > 1080 (just to be clear, in-game resolution is also set to 1920x1200, but I think that they are rendering images anyway at 1920x1080 on top on 1920x1200 resolution).

So for these 2 games, I don't seem to find solution on how to display it on top left of image (the only thing when it works as expected is if I reduce monitor resolution to 1920x1080). By the way, I've been using RTSS for a very long time, and these are the only games where I noticed this behavior.

I also forgot to mention I am using MSI Nvidia 780 Gamer, if that may be relevant.

Last edited: May 25, 2014