Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bhaal

Bhaal Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Ok i really wanted to play this game... but at 1200p and everything on low everything looks extremely ugly and the game runs terrible. Laggy as hell. Sometimes it looks like Quake 3... how could they have made a game on this engine ? Texture popping everywhere, terrible performance ( bf4 runs sweet 55-60 fps everything maxed). Rage ran quite well on my ol' 5870 Vapor-X but this is terribly sluggish.

2. peshkohacka

peshkohacka Member Guru

GPU:
    ***8962;
    I would appreciate it, if you weren't so condescending.

To your surprise my main genre is shooters (FPS, TPS, Open World etc.). I have no hyped expectations or insane demands. What i do know is that for sixty of my dollars they provide a sub-par product that does not run well on my hardware.

What i do like is the atmosphere, the script tailoring to mature audience and the semi-sensibile character development and the gun mechanics.

What i don't like is the real product you get - technical issues, bad AI, lack of QA, lack of support. And i do take those things into account when i say its a mediocre game, because without those, there wouldn't be Blazkowicz.

My point was simple: this is game, we judge a game by its implementation, not its potential. Wolfenstein is something unusual when it comes to plot, but the implementation is awful. Im pretty sure that even EG would have given it a 8/9 if the QA caught all the problems in time (wait, actually if there was a QA).

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The AI is a hit or a miss and I'm playing on death incarnate. Sometimes they run away from my grenades and other times they just stand there shooting at me while the thing is getting closer to detonating. Sometimes they use cover and other times it doesn't. I don't know what to make of it. Hopefully it receives some patching.

Performance has been fine for me thankfully. I hope both Nv and AMD release new drivers sooner and not wait until next week for WD.

The default FOV is uncomfortable for me, thank goodness they have the slider.

I think I would actually enjoy an arena mode for this game. I hope it gets one.

4. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Don't understand how consoles , even old-gen can run 60fps smooth but people with fairly decent PCs can't. I barely managed to get 60fps 99% of the time , it destroys CPU like no other game. Which is funny given consoles run it perfect on some mobile jaguar cores.

5. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Exactly! I think performance issues are messing opinions up of this game. When you get it running as it should it is IMO the best SP fps for a long long time. Someone mentioned it having Half Life moments and I agree. The gun you get for cutting through fences made me feel like i was playing Half life as did the part when you exit the Hospital, the flying objects.

Other times it feels like Dishonored. Really while i was initially gutted with the lack of MP, it is also refreshing to play a dedicated SP game that is done so well. Scripting makes the cut-scenes fun, first game i don't want to skip them as they are so good. It's an arcade shooter than has better voice acting and cut-scenes than so called serious shooters.

Saying that. Man with how good the guns feel in this game I would really love some MP

6. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    I'm seeing some weird graphical flickering in some levels.

http://youtu.be/2exbHC3nYEA

This is is what happens, you can see the pink outline around the robot at the back, and the white glitch on the edge of the screen

Someone else with the same problem:
    http://youtu.be/uLg74mwkHcc?t=2m19s

I was starting to worry my video card had an issue (GTX780ti) but no other games have any problems.

Using the Geforce 337.50 drivers, the 337.81 gave weird glitches in Valley Benchmark (Nvidia are aware of the problem).

It was worse before I added the +com_maxfps 120 to the launch options (Due to have a 144hz monitor)

Anyone else seen it?

7. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Game run smooth(stable 60) with downsampling from 1440p@1080p. I only turn off screen space reflections(very small visible effect with high performance hit) and shadow maps i have 4096.

Is possible use custom resolutions (21:9 etc...) on single monitor?

In options are only 16:9 resolutions :/

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  9. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Noticed with the resolutions it all depends on the desktop resolutions so if your using a 16:9 you only get them available same with 16:10.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Edit: See JonasBeckman's post above yours.

11. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
  12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    gosh. why r u playing games guys. stop gaming. go out and ride scooter or drink some beer. comon!!

13. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    I forgot on flawless widescreen but I use it often.

hm 99,9% commands are locked. Works only hide hud, turn ON AA and some not much usable commands

14. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I went outside. Graphcis were good but gameplay was horrible. I atleast run faster with a knife.

Also there were no nazis. So I came back home.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol, Thats what the Jews said.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol nice one :nerd:

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yea, that would indeed be something. I dont remember that RAGE had a missing option for AA.

The reason for the stuttering during cut scenes is because they are pre-rendered and locked at 30fps.

This game has some serious issues with AMD judging by all comments in this thread.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    In-game or at the main menu screen (After the logo videos.) press Ctrl+Shift+~ (tilde) and write the following in the prompt that appeared.

r_multiSamples

Press enter (Will give current value and a explanation of the cvar.) and if it reports r_multisamples = 8 then it's already using 8x, if it's displaying something else (Might be tied to the Other Quality settings in the advanced graphics menu?) you can manually enter a value to set it yourself.

Ideally you go with either 2, 4 or 8 but 16 might work as well.

19. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    open console with

alt+ctrl+~

and write

r_multisamples 4 or 2/8/16

and press enter

but MSAA in Wolf is performance killer. 2,4 and 8 is not enough and 16 is unplayable with other setting on max.

20. freeman28

freeman28 Guest

The players should boycott games that do not support multiple GPUs. Titanfall was the last game I bought that does not support SLI, they will not catch me again.

Do not buy games without support SLI/CrossFire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.