Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I must be doing something wrong then. I just disabled pagefile and ran the game, still around 40fps... far from maxed, custom settings, medium ish. I did get a windows warning that I'm low on memory (without pagefile).

I'm going to wait on a patch to fix these trivial issues that should never have been in the game in the first place.

2. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    found something that someone posted over on the steam forums that also worked in rage that will significantly reduce texture pop-ins if youre having them:

>>>>>>>>>>>>
    The config variable is fs_cachepath. You can call up the console with CTRL ALT ` to check where NWO wants this folder to be created.
    It should be under your AppData\Local\MachineGames\Wolfenstein The New Order\

If this directory does not exist, create it. The iDTech5 engine will write a texture cache to hold the recently used/converted texture pages in. This will help some of the stuttering provided your drive is decently quick.

Credit goes to hazardd for testing things out for me in-game (since I don't own NWO yet) and figuring out the proper directory needed.

All other config tweaks from Rage should apply. I had the most success reducing pop-in tweaking the vt_maxPFF variable in Rage, and I assume the same holds true here.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

3. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
  4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, the only action orientated FPS's i have enjoyed in the last few years have been Serious Sam 3 and Shadow Warrior, everything else tries to be gritty and i just find them dull.

5. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
  6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Dishonest pricks only post this info after the game releases when they have no doubt known all along that this was an issue.

I'm actually happy that I was in the middle of playing through Rage and as such was reminded of all the problems associated with idtech5.

Rage was my first and last experience with idtech5.

7. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    I was mentally prepared for this since 2011, knowing this was the engine that powered RAGE, and all the pop-in and SLI/transcoding woes that came with it.

Still, I think the game is a blast. Poor engine decision (not that id tech 5 sucks, but rather its just way too ahead of its time. I firmly believe megatextured worlds will be the de facto standard in 10 years vs. texturing tiling, but its obvious vram buffers and transfer rates, multicore limitations and just hardware in general, is too lacking to make any good use of it right now)... but definitely one of the better FPS games I've played in some time.

I can merrily say to expect DOOM 4 to have the same issues as it will be using id tech 5 as well. You've been warned.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/05/2...ssues-the-problems-detailed-plus-a-few-fixes/

Also, just played a bit of Borderlands 2, at 120hz, 120fps, maxed out, no mouse lag, supersampling AA, SweetFX, Crossfire support... That is a proper PC game experience. not this half arsed insult called Wolfenstein. I wonder how these devs sleep at night knowing that from a technical standpoint they released an utter turd. Not even polished.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Try 16 PPF as you have an i5 CPU which doesn't have HT. 32 PPF is meant for i7's with HT and 64 PPF is meant for i7 6core+

Is the game on an SSD or HDD?

Also, 8GB RAM is pushing it with this game with no PAGEFILE. My RAM usage when running the game was 4GB and PAGEFILE was 7GB so 8GB RAM is probably not going to cut it for this. Unless they patch it.

Try and move PAGEFILE to SSD if you have one as this would be faster than a mechanical HDD

I also have Radeonpro running as well, and I have all the filtering optimizations checked, and texture filtering on Quality and also MipMap on Quality as well.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I tried all of them. It's on a HDD.

Pagefile is on SSD. I highly doubt the game will give me 30fps just by having more ram and disabling pagefile. I'm also running RadeonPRO, I always uncheck the optimizations, I always go for max IQ. I'll try checking them, but I'm 99.99999% sure that won't fix it for me.

EDIT: yeah, fixed nothing for me. The problem here is gpu usage. I'm getting 35fps in the game where I am now, gpu usage is between 50-60%. what is your gpu usage? what driver are you on?

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Game runs perfect for me with everything maxed 1920x1200. Constant 60fps except during cutscenes where it stutters a bit.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just played for a bit, and highest GPU usage went was 65% so its not GPU usage that is the problem.

I have 14.4 WHQL the latest driver from AMD.

Just recorded some gameplay as well, and whilst it did increase tearing a little it was still locked at 60fps.

I am almost certain its your CPU, the i5's just don't seem to like this game and HT is strongly needed it seems.

EDIT:

Hang on... are you still running with crossfire enabled?

13. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    [​IMG]

my gpu usage is 97% and my fps is around 50-60fps
    with all max

those dips because me ALT+tabing

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    disabled

EDIT: I'm thinking it's the cpu too. which is a bad joke, considering that this cpu has no problems in big servers in BF4.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Eclap:
    Rockpapershotgun is reporting issues with amd cards, he dropped in a nvidia gpu and all was good.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/20/wolfenstein-new-order-pc-problems/

Seems an AMD issue for you, and as you pointed out, your i5 is fine in BF4 so hopfully a driver update will fix your low fps.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    CPC runs the game pretty much locked to 60fps on a 7970.

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Alright..Just installed the game.It runs like butter here, everything maxed out and i am getting 60FPS constant, no stuttering at all.Smooth gaming.

V-sync disabled, all other settings maxed.Really enjoying it so far :)

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    True and while its tempting to say his i7 may make up for it, id be contradicting myself.

Though not everyone is going to have the same performance issue even if they have similar hardware. This is the pc platform after all and it wouldnt be a new release if there werent a few game breaking bugs on launch day.

This is why we dont preorder or buy on release week anymore.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Sorry if I missed this being posted, but is there a Nvidia only GPU Transcoding feature in this?

Might explain why Nvidia users can get away with an i5, but AMD users need an i7.

20. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    Yes, but its enabled by default. No menu setting for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.