Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Rage runs a constant 60fps with one gpu now at 1440p maxed out, this will with a patch too hopefully.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    funny how you can predict the future. No problem with movement and number keys here, if you do have the game installed, can you please confirm number keys are supported?

what gpu? with what levels of AA? still, the fact that another game runs fine with single gpu is not an excuse to ignore multi gpu setups.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No need to predict the future, look at the general praise for rage atbit stands now.

Nah mate dont have the game installed, so cant confirm num keys.

As for AA, x8 in-game. but ill confirm when i get home.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'm afraid it's the willingness to forgive this kind of behavior by developers and publishers that encourages them to keep indulging in it.

As long as you throw money at them because 'it's a Wolfenstein game' is as long as they'll continue to ignore anything more than support for the bare minimum on PC.

This year alone, most of the AAA titles like TitanFall, ESO and now Wolfenstein do not have SLI support (2 of these games are months old).

I want to play the game and I have been guilty of letting these things slide in the past but I am drawing the line now, Nvidia's support for their products is at an all time low and it is not encouraging to see them messing about with stupid novelty cards while their support for mainstream products languishes by the roadside.

Equally developers and publishers need to be sent a very clear message that if they are not going to take care of their PC customers then PC customers are not going to take care of them.

At the very least it will relegate this kind of lazy behavior to consoleland.

If this was a budget game - all good, but this is a $60.00 game that is really nothing more than a glorified console port using an engine that is well known to be problematic on PCs.

JM2C

@ (.)(.)

I have no problem with them not releasing their games on PC if they aren't going to support the PC platform properly.

Out of sight, out of mind ;)

Last edited: May 20, 2014

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I really don't see much praise of Rage anywhere. I'll play Wolf tomorrow, it better be good.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well said. Titanfall works fine with Crossfire btw.

Problem with Wolf is that it's a single player game. By the time there's any kind of 120hz/CFX support for it, I'll have finished the game (if it's good) and never return to play it again (unless it's really awesome, which I doubt).

I wouldn't mind something like ESO or Titanfall not having these features right out the box because these games are supposed to have longevity and content to keep you going for ages. For a short single player shooter though, it's not an excuse.

And people moan at BF4 for getting some things wrong... At least they tried.

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yep, there is CF support for TF and there has been for a while iirc.

Rage is not a bad game (certainly not amazing but something a little different if you are willing to get through the 1st hour or so).

I am playing it through at the moment but what is bad (and really bad) is idtech5. It's a serious POS and there are a lot of problems with it that were never fixed and I suspect that they have been carried over to Wolfenstein (I hope I am wrong).

8. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    funny thing is Rage worked perfectly fine with my old 60 hz monitor and 2 seperate gtx 580 in sli back in the day.

but after i upgraded to a gtx 690 and a 120 hz monitor it runs like crap, go figure ?

the anser is this u cant cut a gtx 690 in two, and run each one @ full speed shame tho :p

As with the 120 hz thing, Rage only supported 60 hz [60 fps]
    So a 120 hz monitor wil switch to 60 hz and trust me, thats not good either for your eyes, and the mouse lag [terrible mouse lag].

9. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350

I recently pulled out RAGE. You can disable the other GPU in the Device Manager to get GPU Transcode working again! :p

@Wolfenstein
    I think this was kind of expected. The devs, when they said "we want the same experience across all platforms", I was convinced it won't be a 'good' PC game. Got my refund back then. Am glad now. If they even release a patch to address 'multi-gpu' and '120hz' or hopefully even '144hz' it will probably be on sale by then.

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Cheers for that, it runs ok without GPU transcoding tbh.

The thing that annoys me the most is the sound cutting in and out during the driving sequences.

Ids response to that back then was that you should ditch your Creative card and use onboard audio, another arrogant and unhelpful statement.

Definitely going to pick up Wolfenstein on a Steam sale, got my refund for now :)

11. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    GPU transcoding helped me have a smoother framerate when doing silly things like insanely paning the camera in 360 degrees non-stop.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3GB more left >_< Hurry up dammit :D I hope valve is working on implementing play while you're downloading. These huge downloads aren't fun to put up with.

13. MaeClark0318

MaeClark0318 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming N760 TF 4GD5/O
    well..nice trailer
    but I didnt see any info for the game.....
    is this gonna be a movie or?? :banana:

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, I will defend it.
    Because the game looks fun. Really fun. And that's why I play games. To be entertained.
    So yes, I will defend it.

Why? Because as (.)(.) said, those things are the minority.
    No multiplayer? That's a great thing. Not every game needs MP, in fact... most games don't. I'm glad MachineGames put all their energy into the campaign.
    And I wish more studios would have the balls to make single player only games without feeling as if they simply "have to" have a MP component just because it's the a box they can check off a list.
    SLI, 120hz... sorry, don't care personally.
    I know those are important to some, but those not being supported doesn't make the gameplay drastically different. Being locked at 60 FPS is still a smooth experience.

But, saying they don't care simply because they didn't put in features that you personally wanted... that's a leap.
    And I'm glad you put all that money into your machine, but I'm sorry doing so seems to have turned you away from enjoying games just for fun.

So yes, I defend Wolfenstein: The New Order and MachineGames for the decisions they made. Gladly.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The game finally downloaded for me about 90 minutes ago and didn't require decrypting either, probably because it was installed from discs.

Anyway, I've played up to where B.J. ascends the side of the castle on a rope and it runs great here. I cranked all the settings to maximum (mixture of High/Ultra, etc.) at 1920x1200 and it runs at 57-60 FPS with only minimal dips when auto-saving. When I first started the game though I had a single digit framerate for about 10 seconds and that turned out to be because the game uses 3 GB of VRAM with VT Compress disabled. Once I turned it on then the game ran fine except for some screen tearing despite V-Sync being enabled. I was playing around with forcing Triple Buffering in the game profile and enabling V-Sync there, thinking that would fix it (do NOT do this as it causes glitching/flickering alpha textures, just force V-Sync *only*). Seems the game uses Adaptive V-Sync by default so the game will tear if the framerate drops below 60 FPS.

Image quality unsurprisingly looks much better than the PS4 version but otherwise the graphics are identical. Maybe the lighting is a little richer though? Anti-aliasing is improved but surprising it isn't as effective as I was expecting, perhaps because it is a post-process FXAA/SMAA rather than MSAA (I did not see a separate option for AA unlike RAGE).

Great game though...soooooooooooooo addictive. I'm playing on the I'm Death Incarnate difficulty level as well and thoroughly enjoying myself.

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Steam is unpacking files now.

17. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    So funny to see when people cry about game not being what they want, STILL they pre-order them...
    When will people learn to not pre-order?
    I can understand it with some MMO:s and stuff where you get headstart to other people where it matters but on SP only game? Really?

Well I should not care and I cant stop all the people doing it with my text but if you pre-order and wonder why games stay like this then you should think why you keep supporting them with your money.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Ctrl+Shift+~ opens the command console as with Doom 3 and Rage. :)

EDIT: Most of the commands appear to be locked in this retail build such as g_freecam and the ones for direct cheating, however you can do a few things such as using g_showhud 1/0 or binding it to a key such as "bind f2 toggle g_showhud" :)

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    in game graphics options. Not much to be desired.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Is SLI working for anyone? I've checked that the profile is there and it is. But SLI don't work. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.