Ati AMD 14.4-Problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by JuninhoSlo, May 19, 2014.

1. JuninhoSlo

JuninhoSlo Member

GPU:
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon5570
    Hi ;)

I need a little help from you guys,I,m using program Raptr a few weeks ago, Raptr noticed me about new version of Ati Amd drivers version 14.4. I download latest drivers from Ati Amd site and save it on destop,I removed previous drivers and install new drivers and restart my pc and finally here is my problem,when I open Raptr program says "Your Catalyst driver (14,4) is up to date" but when open Display Properties-Settings-Advance-Adapter-Properties-Drivers,Microsoft says "DriverDate=12.23.2013" and drivers are not digital signed (WHQL),now here is a question why Microsoft says that DriverDate for Ati Amd version 14.4 is 12.23.2013 it make nos sense,it should be something like this "DriverDate xxx.3.2014 or xxx.4.2014,now is it possible that I made a mistake when I was removing previous drivers? I have used 2 methods for removing previous drivers.

1method:

-Safe mode
    -Run DriverSweeper
    -Restart PC
    -Run CCleaner/Registry tab
    -Restart PC
    -Install latest drivers (14.4 Ati-Amd)
    -Restart PC
    -Raptr says,"Your Catalyst driver (14,4)"
    -Microsoft says: "DriverDate:12.23.2013 and drivers are not digital signed

2method:That method has been found in Ati AMD:

"If you have issues after installing AMD driver suites, this is one method you can try.

To perform a 'clean install' of AMD graphics drivers:

You should make a system restore point before attempting, just in case

1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates
    2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install
    3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update)

Download the drivers for your computer to the desktop. Follow steps 1-5
    Do not use 'auto-detect and install.

Delete existing drivers from your computer:

In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program'
    For computers with Intel processors:
    Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software'
    Including the install manager.

For computers with AMD processors:
    Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only.

Reboot into 'safe mode'
    In safe mode run Driver Fusion (free version).
    Select AMD graphics, analyse and delete all it finds.

Reboot

Install the new driver suite.

NOTE! Certain laptop configurations are not compatible with AMD's Mobility Catalyst™ Driver.
    AMD provides graphics drivers for most laptop brands and models for the Mobility Radeon™ HD series of graphics cards.
    If the AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool reports that the hardware is incompatible, then the notebook manufacturer is the exclusive provider of the graphics drivers for your notebook. (GPU-28041)
    Sony, Toshiba, and Panasonic will not accept generic drivers. Get drivers from manufacturers support site.
    Laptops with 'switchable' graphics must use manufacturer supplied drivers.""

and still get same info:

Raptr:Your drives are up to date (14.4)
    Microsoft:DriverDate 12.23.2013 and driver are not digital signed

Thank you for your help and have a nice day.

2. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  3. JuninhoSlo

JuninhoSlo Member

GPU:
    Mahmoud elfar can you wait a few minutes and I will give my specifications of my PC.

Thank you

4. JuninhoSlo

JuninhoSlo Member

GPU:
    Here is my specifications of my PC

Videocard: 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon 5570HD
    Processor: Intel Celeron E3400 @ 2.60GHz Wolfdale 45nm Technology
    Mainboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G41MT-S2 (Socket 775)
    Memory: 4GB DDR3-400mhz

Thank you for you help.

5. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Videocard: 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD ??? HD ?? 4000 or 5000 or what??

6. JuninhoSlo

JuninhoSlo Member

GPU:
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon 5570HD

7. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Uninstall, use DDU or Driver Fusion in safe mod and install again 14.4 drivers...

8. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    as benik3 said but i recommend u to use ddu it's the best

9. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) is definitely recommend.

Link: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505

(Credits to Wagnard and the DDU-team.)

- - - - - - -

Follow these steps:

Use DDU in safe-mode (this will go automatically (prompted to go in safe-mode)

Then click on select Graphic Driver: AMD

Also tick the small button: 'Remove C:\AMD and or C:\NVIDIA folders' to be sure that U have a clean system after the uninstalling. IMPORTANT!

After U've done that, click on the first BIG button and it will all go automatically.

After the uninstalling is done, DDU wil reboot into normal-mode and then just install Ur 14.4 drivers and reboot again.

If that is all done, U are ready to go!

- -

If U still don't know what to do, I recommend to watch my video I made to explain how DDU works in further details, U can watch it right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOSmV-ADTX8

Youtube video title: How to install AMD Catalyst drivers the proper way (100% Guaranteed to work)

Youtube username: Deathhybr1ds

__

I hope this helped a bit and goodluck!

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    isnt 5xxx legacy?

11. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
  12. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Guest

GPU:
    All sorts
    Sapphire Forums list the HD 5xxx under Legacy.....???????? When its a DX11 Card.

13. JuninhoSlo

JuninhoSlo Member

GPU:
    Guys we have a problem :D Before I start typing what went wrong I would like to thank you everyone here,now here is my problem,I download DDU and watched YT video I also disabled internet connection,I don,t where I read but I read that you need disable internet connection to disable "windows xp found new hardware wizard" on startup,I restarted my pc to safe mode and ran DDU,I checked Remove C:\AMD and or C:\NVIDIA folders and pressed Clean and restart......after DDU finished with cleaning,program automatically restarted my pc to normal mode and I don,t know way but WindowsXP Found New Wizard pop up showed up,I still don,t know way even though that my pc was disconnected from internet,anyway I press "Not this time" and press cancel,wizard moved pop up window to right lower corner and said something about problems with new hardware/drivers I don,t excatlly. I installed new drivers and restarted my pc and.....I got same problems,Microsoft says:DriverDate 12.23.2013 and drivers are not digital signed,what could be wrong? I have follow every step on how to remove old drivers and I have watched YT video. Do you have other solution? Can be a reason,why I still got problems WindowXP NewHardware Wizard?-Yes?-How can I disable this? (non pop up window on startup)

Thank you for you help.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    probobly legacy for Sapphire as all the warranties have expired.

15. atoneapone

atoneapone Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6650M +6520g/ 1GB
    HD 5570 is listed under desktop supported cards for 14.4whql>>http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=388619

AMD6742.2 = "AMD Radeon HD 5570"
    AMD6742.6 = "AMD Radeon HD 5570"

as others stated: ddu in safemode and then install the 14.4whql.

16. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    as you can see here
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64#amd-catalyst-packages
    for windows vista, 7 ,8, 8.1
    Display Driver ver. 14.10.1006
    OpenCL(tm) Driver ver. 10.0.1348.5
    Catalyst Control Center
    HydraVision
    and here http://support.amd.com/en-us/downlo...+XP+-+Professional/Home#amd-catalyst-packages
    for windows XP
    Display Driver ver. 9.00.100
    Catalyst Control Center

for windows xp the display driver version is different from the other OS version technically it's older due to the old OS (XP) so you see that difference in the version number so you don't have a problem now and a little advice try to upgrade at least to windows 7

17. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Normally DDU does that automatically, so it disabled Windows Update to achieve any driver after the reboot to prevent driver installations automatically.

I'd say don't mind that Windows XP new hardware pop-up.

If it still persists that try disabling that pop-up via msconfig on start-up??

Or could you make a screenshot to show us exactly what the problem is?

- -

If you have installed the driver, then it's all good.

Like mahmoud elfar said, it's like this because Windows XP is a older OS then the ones above them. (Windows Vista/W7/W8)

- -

Please report back if you have any more questions or still don't know what to do, etc.

18. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
  19. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Not on XP.
    Vista+ only.
    I guess I should document this somewhere.

20. JuninhoSlo

JuninhoSlo Member

GPU:
    Guys I think everything is fine,of course Microsoft still shows that Drive date for ATI AMD driver are 12.23.2013 etc..but I have been thinking that way, I removed driver with DDU and install ATI AMD driver ver 14.4 of course Microsoft shows known informations about my drivers and I think Microsoft gives me a false information about DriverDate for version 14.4,guys isn,t strange that Raptr says "Your drivers are up to date" Speccy shows Driver version=9.0.100.9001 which belongs to Ati Amd 14.4,so everything what Microsoft says about my drivers could be a false info,well at least I think so.

Thank you.