Asus PB287Q - 60Hz not working HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Lebowski, May 10, 2014.

1. Shamrocker

Shamrocker Guest

GPU:
    GTX 690
    I know this is unrelated, but where are you guys buying these monitors? I haven't been able to find them for sale yet.

2. Lebowski

Lebowski Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    I got mine from Scan. Who had some arrive last Friday, they are out of stock now though. Had a pre-order for the samsung with amazon and they let me down. Other retailers kept pushing their dates back. Scan was a day late compared to estimate but fair play to them they upgraded delivery to Saturday morning to ensure I got it as soon as possible.

I love it and I am moving from nvidia surround which I really liked. Can't afford the kit necessary for 4k surround.

3. Agra

Agra Guest

GPU:
    6GB DDR3
    I come back with a lot of news, i have make more than hundred test with somes graphics cards and plateforms :

4k60hz SST Test on PB287Q :
    - 1x gtx 780 : Ok
    - 2x gtx 780 : Ok
    - 1x gtx 690 (sli mode) : ko
    - 1x gtx 690 (without sli) : ko
    - gtx 770m : ko
    - gtx 780m : ko
    - 1x 290x : ko
    - 2x 290x : ko

I think that only nvidia have really do something for the compatibiliy with 4k60hz SST on PB287Q and ONLY on the GTX desktop 700 serie.

If somebody play at the moment in 4k60hz SST on pb287q with amd r9 900 serie.... I stop computer games and go on xbox one :D

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

5. Lebowski

Lebowski Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    Thanks Hilbert, this new driver was the answer to all my prayers.

Games I've tried (TitanFall, Arkham Origins, Valley Benchmark) are running really smoothly with GTX 680 SLi, so pleasantly surprised. I can keep both kidneys and not have to get Titan Black Tri SLi for a good experience, which leaves me time to see what the Maxwell big daddy card is like.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Glad you were able to sort it out.

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Titanfall doesn't support SLI bud (hopefully it will before Titanfall 2 is released) :rolleyes:

8. Lebowski

Lebowski Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    You can set it to use the bioshock infinite profile and some other tweaks and it works fine. I'm surprised nvidia haven't just used that because it has worked fine for me since the game was released.

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'm pretty sure I tried that before (or some other profile) and it did load all 3 GPUs but FPS were garbage.

Will try again with 337.81 and report back :)

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  10. Lebowski

Lebowski Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    It's a source game so you would think an SLi profile would be easy to develop.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, ESO (not Source) and TF seem to be giving Nvidia no end of trouble in the SLI department.

CF has been working in TF for a while now iirc.

It should be easy but Insurgency and Contagion which are both Source based do not like SLI and will not work properly with it.

Just waiting for TF to update and I will check out the Bioshock Infinite profile again :)

:cheers:

EDIT - It loads across all 3 GPUs but the performance is horrid. Hopefully Nvidia will get an official profile out with the WHQL driver next week.

Thanks for the heads up all the same :D

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  12. Iceman 1970

Iceman 1970 Guest

GPU:
    Asus r9 290x
    Flickering pb287q on 60hz

Hi, read on a dutch forum that there are displayport kabels 1.2 type active they go one way. I have tried everthing i Read on all the forums. And that is a lot. so i thought what the heck. i switched the connectors arround from my videocart to the monitor and guess what i have 60hz 4k . The monitor now only turns black once every two minutes but it is an improvement. Before this i had stripes and to parts ofthe screen tearing and jumping. So my guess is that it is the cable that comes with the screen. Tomorrow i am going to buy a beter quality cable see what happens.

13. Calx

Calx Guest

GPU:
    32 Gb
    For anyone who finds there way to this thread the way I did - go here and follow the instructions, you'll be up and running in no time.

youtube.com/watch?v=hCGbn86AuDo