STALKER Lost Alpha thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Labyrinth, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Gona try the texture effects and audio v2 one, if it goes tits up i can always re-install, as not started playing it yet, going to get into it after i get LL finsihed off. :p

2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    That's what i'm playing it on. I'm constantly getting flanked by the AI, its great!

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just tried that textures and audio one, got into the Advanced Options ok, but loads can't be selected, and looks like its Dx9, as it looked just like the Original COP to me, with the Complete Mod on, so removed it.

Ran great though, minimums of about 180fps :D

4. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Did anyone have luck enabling SLI?

Single GPU with everything maxed is sorta painful lol.

Next hopefully they put it on steam, or something.

5. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB

I totally agree; it runs WAY better but looks completely different. I'm going to try what Corrupt recommended and see if I can take bits and pieces of it. I really liked the dense grass and that's completely gone now.

Do I need to reinstall if I remove it or can I just put my original gamedata and bin folder back? (I think it's bin; not in front of my machine ATM).

6. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Change the SLI compatibility bit for STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl DX1x to clear skys.

7. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I guess nobody here is going to tell me where,and how to find what building that key is in.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well the textures and audio were just a big DBC file, so i just copied it into the gamedata folder where the others are, and then just deleted it after id tried it. :p

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Best to get Notepad++ with the compare plugin if you're gonna do that. Rename files like in this example:
    • w_groza.ltx
    • w_groza.ltx.old

Then open them both and use the compare plugin to see what has changed in the script/config file.

If a .script file has anything dialog or storyline related change ----> possible issues and savegame incompatibility. That's what I mean with manually adding the stuff I need without breaking to much.

10. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Well, I just removed the gamedata.dbc and replaced my original gamedata and bin folders, and my video options are still greyed out. I made sure to delete user.ltx in appdata folder.

Looks like I'll have to reinstall, though I want to know why I still can't change my settings after removing all the SLAM shenanigans.

What part of SLAM does NOT mess with the video settings? I want to be able to adjust original. I'm guessing the bug fixes are fine to install and leave the gamedata.dbc out of it so I can adjust video settings...?

Thanks.

11. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This is unique to you. I've not seen this problem. Are you using R1 or R3 rendering? Two of the shader files are changed in the SLAM pack, but I seriously doubt they would effect your game settings. The shader files have nothing to do with these options. I'm uploading my gamedata folder. It's the latest version with all the tweaks and fixes. Give it a try.

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Underground complex under the railroad

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  13. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Edit: removed the link. This causes a crash. I'll fix it soon.

14. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Well I'm listening to a buddy's radio show, so I'll re-install and figure out what causes it, if it happens again.

EDIT: I am a complete idiot... I had to change the first basic setting from static lighting to DX10 or dynamic lighting, looool. So it appears I actually can change the settings with SLAMs stuff installed; I just thought that was the problem since I was unaware of the static lighting vs dynamic/dx 10.1 setting.

Giving it a try now. Going to read up on SweetFX or ENBs... This game needs some color.

EDIT2: It's already glitching like mad, lol. Damn video games, calling it for the night, time for music.

15. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    Finally finished downloading this. Now the game takes FOREVER to install.
    Looking at your posts I don't think I'm gonna install anything like SLAM or LAMP, I think I'll be fine with the R3 DX10.1 rendering.

EDIT : lol I'm stuck already, at the beginning of the game I'm supposed to meet Wolf, I'm standing exactly at the marked spot I should be but there's no Wolf Around

[​IMG]

I hate these games where you're always wondering if it's a bug or not

EDIT : nevermind, I found him in a basement :/

EDIT : oh god those crashes, I feel bored playing this game, I'm sorry but it feels dated, the engine is clunky and unoptimized and most of the missions so far are very bland. I'm not giving up though. I might like it after all

16. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Thank you very much. I've been down there but couldn't find the key. I didn't know if I was looking in the right place. Now that I know,I'll go back and give it a better search. Thanks again Noisiv.

17. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    double post sorry

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I never done that either lol.

Will have to try it again. :D

EDIT: That works, DOH!

Does look better, and seems to run the same for me, just get a few more errors, don't get the heli one with this, but get a load of invaild .ogg comments for human voice, harmonica, and a couple about a spawn ID, but i got those spawn ones before adding the DBC file, so they ain't new errors those ones, just the harmonica ones are with the new DBC.

19. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I found that damn key. On the floor exactly where Noisiv pointed out. Thanks again. That was really bugging me.

20. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I really think some of the FPS issues are related to scripts/AI - I was getting 60fps about, then was attacked by two Burers (at once, damnit!) during the long winded battle, I ran away, out of range from them to attack me but still lagging down to like, 20fps, after I killed them, the framerate went back up to 60fps.

During the attack, I even tried looking straight at the ground/sky, didn't make much difference.

So I'm kinda convinced it's more than just graphics.