NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Z performance figures leak

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    Some popular youtuber is going to get two of them for their gaming rig because they know jack **** about PCs and think it must be great because it's so expensive and "double precision" sounds fancy.

2. lol..

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    With 6 of them running full load 24/7 in some kind of bitcoin farm rig now that thing would eat up electricity like no ones businesses!!

[​IMG]

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    The moment i saw Titan z price i knew nvidia trolling hard, they compete only against themselves in that category(until the 295 released). two Titan black worth 2000$ and does the same, why pay 1000$ more???

I wouldn't buy amd cards since i prefer nvidia by huge extent, but i won't even recommend getting titan z, the price is just big evil laugh.

5. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Funny how everyone is comparing the Z to Titan Blacks and how you are totally better off buying 2 or 3 Blacks, while those turds are shamelessly overpriced to begin with.

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Recent nvidia pricing was very good, i think TitanZ was meant for 1 april, as two titan black are equal specs wise to Z, now if Z had 3Xtitans in one with magic unicorn then it might had it glory, but camon lol

GK110 is the best, they can make it work pretty easily, just make 790 and be done with it.

7. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    If it doesn't run on Maxwell all Titans are useless

Anyone buying Titan anything especially this overpriced cow are going to severely regret it since they are buying old technology that has been pushed to it's limit right before Maxwell is finally implemented. Nvidia is setting itself to do nothing but hurt the otherwise ignorant but good customers who will buy this only to shortly realize it isn't worth what they paid for. All I say is better them than me.

8. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    The R9 295X sends a hug with half the price and the same (or more) performance, plus Mantle, Directx 11.2 and 8gb@2x512bit memory buses... LOL

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Not sure what's so funny. He actually has a very good point.

Titan Z will need at least 2x 8pin PCIe Aux connectors (375watt total). If it doesn't have at least an additional 6pin PCIe Aux power connector (to supply up to 450watts), it won't have any real overclocking headroom due to power limitations.

Having unlocked voltage won't do any good because as voltage increases, power draw increases....so, if this thing doesn't have at least 2x 8pin and 1x 6pin PCIe Aux power connectors, you can forget overclocking to any meaningful extent.

This is nothing but a card NVidia didn't have to create....at a price point the industry doesn't want to see.

10. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    It's probably equal in performance for a lot cheaper but memory is 4GB x 2. Total effective memory is still just 4GB and Mantle is mostly a gimmick unless it is an API that can be implemented across all games not just a limited few. Otherwise it is the better bargain and that is relative since $1500 in my opinion is still to high.

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    how many games are supported by dx 11.2? or mantle? the titan series all have 6gb of vram too, not that I`d buy this card or anything. the titan z has a 384 bit bus but the vram is clocked at 7ghz giving it a bit more memory bandwidth than the 295x. I wouldnt touch a dual gpu card again after having 2 295`s

12. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    The point is, it's old tech for a huge price. If you like it, it's your call.

13. l_gel

l_gel Member

GPU:
    MSI r7850
    Costs more than my car is worth :p

14. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Ha! I used to have 2 295's also, quad sli and despite the relative meager gain for the second card I look back and think they were a bargain compared to these new cards. I upgraded to a single GTX590 from those and it has been smooth, quiet and trouble free able to run my 3 monitors at 5760x1080 so I guess I didn't learn my lesson but I have been pleased with it. I am waiting for Maxwell technology to appear on the high end. A Titan anything is so not it.

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I think its overpriced but will sell, I said it before in this thread, these amd cards compete with gk110 and that allows nvidia to keep respinning gk110 cards at nausium.

16. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Titan-z is a GPU and its fine if someone wants to spend the money for the card,so what its their money.
    The real smart move would be go to Ebay or the like,by 2x R9 290 cards for 500 bucks,put a new coolers if ya want on it fpr a 200 bucks more and have a faster setup than one Titan-Z.

17. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    What are people so upset about? It was never meant to be a gaming card like the original Titan was a cheap alternative to Quadro that happens to be also capable for gaming.

18. NoData

NoData Guest

GPU:
    2x1080FTW@2050/10800
    3k for a video card? :bugeye:

19. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I wonder if Nvidia will sell their cards for $10k if AMD falls.

20. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    People will still buy them. People would still buy them if they cost even more. There are many people out there with more money than they need. If the ever increasing price of high end graphics continues it will be hilarious to see how much things cost in 5 years.

As Nvidia keeps increasing the price of their products their execs be like :invasion: