Kingston HyperX Cloud gaming headset arrives

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ugh, using 'Cloud' in its naming so 2005. Kingston shows off the HyperX Cloud, a new gaming headset: HyperX®, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memor...

Kingston HyperX Cloud gaming headset arrives

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Looks like more of a rebrand than them working with them to create anything.

http://www.qpad.com/products/headsets/

Which in turn look like the designers were Beyer fans. No idea how they sound, although I'm not expecting much. Might look up some reviews later today when I get home. Not all headsets are necessarily bad, and sometimes you get companies using designs acquired from the better audio companies. Creative Aurvana Live proves that.

3. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    Do PC gamers actually use "gaming" headsets anymore? The sound quality is usually pretty bad, combined with a bad pricetag

High quality headphones + $5 clip on mic is the way to go.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yep they do.

5. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I use quality headphones + desktop Logitech USB mic, which is a pretty good setup, however I can fully justify buying a dedicated headset.

The problem with desktop mic is that they get way too much noise, especially if you have (as me) Cherry MX Blue keys. Clip-on mics may be better in this regard, but they also pick up way too much noise (if you can recommend a good one in this regard, please let me know).

Such headset may have sound quality that is good enough, and at the same time, will include a microphone, making it easy to use. I haven't tried that QPAD / HyperX; perhaps it's fine. My brother has Razer Blackshark headset and it's really great for gaming, and acceptable for music too. I recently ordered (reviewed here) Corsair Vengeance 2100 for a gift, and it also seems to be reasonable piece of hardware.

I wonder if I should mod my headphones to attach some kind of mic to them. Wireless throat mic would be perfect, as one would be able to use it with speakers too.

6. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    Really wish I'd thought of that before i got my sennhiesers, I mean they're bloody brilliant but I know how much "Gaming" jacks up the price.

7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    http://www.modmic.com/

8. wiski

wiski Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080 OC
    These actually are quality headphones, the Takstar Pro 80's.