AMD Catalyst 14.4 WHQL (14.100.0.0 April 17)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    WHQL drivers ****ed up your system?

I think not :nerd::pc1:

2. SAG

SAG Active Member

GPU:
    R9 270 @1050/1400
    If you guys having trouble with the new AHCI, just change your HD bios setting to IDE for all drives and the PC will start again.

After that just copy the 12.13 "amd_sata.sys" into C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and overwrite the new one. Reboot and change bios back to AHCI, that's all.

Folder is: AMD\Support\13-12 bla bla bla\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\SB7xx\AHCI\W764a (for 64 bit) or W7 (for 32 bit)

Or juse the W8 folders for Win8

3. streetwolf

streetwolf Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I've had no luck with any of the 14 drivers. I get BSOD's in Firefox every now and then. I always have had to go back to 13.12. Anyone else experience the same thing with the 14 drivers?

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Most people, but the solution is to disable Hardware Acceleration in flash player

5. johnnyman28

johnnyman28 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    i have the same issue with these drivers.mantle option is missing..

6. chest_rockwell

chest_rockwell Guest

GPU:
    cfire 5850 1gb
    still no leap what so ever since 2010. I still use a 5850 gpu and it is fine. I quit making unnecessary hardware-tech purchases after finding out that foxconn slave labor camp and workers those who lost their lives. They are releasing technology bit by bit and people buying into all this crap, supporting them squeezing max from profits. technology wise, to be frank people bending over willingly happily to those criminals. that is something really strange, It makes me angry. not only that, they put suicide nets around their factories, it is reported, its not some loone claim. those workers, those are people like you who have no choice but work at those factories to feed themselves and family. people working their asses off and getting few dollars. and now they are suiciding after company replacing them with assembly robots. imagine yourself in that kind of situation, or your family. its worse than being shot in the face. I am still visiting this site, maybe see one day people revolting '**** this crap we want the tech right now - stop feeding us like stupid farm animals, no more we gonna beg and bend over! no more!' like approach you know.. far from it. no such thing can happen here or in any tech community. people are eager with every primitive tech they feed, you know few monts later they will release something they are holding back yet you only talk what will it be instaed of talking about "why they do this, why a garbage, slave labour produced, literally crap that recycled from all kinds of garbage, has no value is 500$?"

another thing in near past, that titan from geforce, they built that chip for parallel computing, creating a supercomputer like cray, to filter - crossmatch all internet traffic with some kind of ai. they have no intention for you, they dont even care if you play a game or not. now and then they pay a studio to advertise their product, thats it. so they not only sell you a recycled garbage for hundreds of dollars, you are funding those scum to build their projects like prism so they can build more bars around you me everyone in internet and collect data, calculate how many times you took a dump this month via matching your toilet paper credit card purchase. its like people say 'we are so happy, we are happy slaves we are free we are so pleased'. they treat you exactly like a mice in a lab. no tech will come from all this as long as people willingly bend over. wow that was a long post. I felt I had to express. thx for reading.

7. ckleuser

ckleuser Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Had to revert to 13.12, my setup is a 2x7970 in crossfire. 1st GPU in idle going HOT like crazy, even when screen is off. MPC-HC playing MKV at 1080p hangs up the driver beautifuly when seeking inside the MKV (forward or backward, whatever).... For me, bad driver on my setup... unfortunally...

8. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Mine is not MIA and BF4 runs great for me on DirectX, but especially with Mantle :)

9. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    13.12's seem to be the superior driver for me too. Outside of the annoying cursor corruption, my performance in Skyrim seems to be less smooth with the 14.4's.

No problems whatsoever with the new AHCI driver though.

10. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    BF4 still crashing using Mantle with any of these 14.x drivers.
    Was working fine with 14.2 BETA 1.3 for a month, then crashes and freezes (BF4 has stopped working) came back all of a sudden.

No idea what to think who's worse, DICE or AMD (hardware partners, yet Mantle is unplayable)

11. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Okay I am now confused.

Just looked at AMD's driver page and there is a "newer" WHQL driver. I just installed the AMD Catalyst 14.4 WHQL (14.100.0.0 April 17)

Now this is there with higher number drivers. With a release date of 4/24/2014

Display Driver ver. 14.10.1006
    OpenCL(tm) Driver ver. 10.0.1348.5
    Catalyst Control Center
    HydraVision

Am I just tired and missing something simple here?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  12. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    Not me and I had that bug for along time so thank god. went away a couple of drivers back. Now second gpu isn't active till I game.

13. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Was it 4/24/2014?

Says 4/25/2014 for me. (different? Or does the website auto correct dates to take into account time zone?)

Strange indeed. Maybe they are trying to fix a problem? Like ahci or something?

14. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Redownloaded this "updated" whql driver and installed it, unfortunately it didn't change anything to me with hdmi and tv problem.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Nice to find that sometimes when the screen goes to sleep it will never wake up again STILL... with these drivers...

*disables turn off display in power settings*

16. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I only started getting this in 14.4 RC so I eventually installed these because no-one was complaining about it, now I see your post :bang:

17. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Just installed it in my other Rig with 270x..Working Fine...But have a problem with BF4 missing Mantle Option. Reverted to Leaked 14.4 and the Mantle Option is back in BF4...

Anyone has a solution with missing BF4 Mantle Option?

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Working fine for me these so far, got them when they were RCs.

19. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Well the only difference I am seeing is opencl version

April 17th
    DriverVer=04/17/2014, 14.100.0.0000
    Catalyst: 14.4 WHQL
    CCC: 2014.0417.2226.38446
    D3D: 9.14.10.01029
    OGL: 6.14.10.12847
    OCL: 10.0.1445.5
    Mantle: 9.1.10.0013

April 24
    Display Driver ver. 14.10.1006
    OpenCL(tm) Driver ver. 10.0.1348.5
    Catalyst Control Center
    HydraVision

20. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    April 25 is yet another change but have no idea what has changed. The release notes do not detail it. The release notes did not change though.

THis has happened a couple of times before with previous driver releases, both beta and WHQL where the new driver package was updated several times.

I can only think they are finding and fixing some major/minor bugs or doing some type of tweaking. Like I said I have seen this before, but mostly ignored it.

Downloading the April 25th one now. Already installed the April 24th,. (yesterday)

A side note, last night the beta driver was showing April 17th now it is showing April 21th.