AMD Catalyst 14.4 WHQL (14.100.0.0 April 17)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Well.. 270x and my ****ty computer/processor and stuff, Mantle just cant seem to cut it in BF4.

This was a lot better so far than the beta's, but there is some crap stutter in the heavy scenes that just kills it for me :( (And get me killed ingame..) And that was when i turned texture detail down to medium vs. high which runs fine in DX11

2. bwat47

bwat47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    these drivers working great so far, excellent performance with mantle in bf4 on my 280x :) glad we finally got a whql release

3. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

This driver kinda seems rather laggish even in DX11 for me and BF4 :(

Well, guess another 3-4 months and next WHQL things start to sort out :)

4. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Same problem for me too.. Dunno whats up with that, but cant get it to boot with this new AHCI driver.

The latest AHCI driver has worked tho, but need to "tweak the .inf" to get it to run without BSOD during boot. What i do is :
    find the location your file amd_sata.inf, example my mobo sb750 with win7 is: c:\AMD\support\12-2_vista_win7_32-64_sb\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\SB7xx\AHCI\W764A
    Then i Edit amd_sata.inf, find the line "HKR,"Parameters\Device","AmdSataPMDisabled",%REG_DWORD %, 0"
    and change 0 to 0xFF

If i dont do this, i get a BSOD upon boot. Doing this on the new 14.4 AHCI driver made me have the same problem as you.. Just a "pulsing" windows logo and clicking harddisk with no boot at all.

PS. I found this "hack" on some site with problems on the SB7xx chipset boards and AHCI, so nothing i invented myself.

5. SAG

SAG Active Member

GPU:
    R9 270 @1050/1400
    Hey Cybermax,

thx for the reply. I've already found this "hack" too. Didn't work for me. I've tried all AHCI drivers of every folder within the 14.4, they didn't work.

So is not a big deal, changing back the amd_sata.sys to the System32/Drivers folder, but this AHCI problem already happend 4, or 5 years ago too, when I bought my Phenom CPU on AM3 socket.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
  7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Anyone else running CF getting the 2nd GPU at 98% load, even just sitting in Windows with nothing going on? So far the 2nd card is about 10degrees warmer, running 860MHz, memory at 1199MHz, and PCI-E 5.00 Gbps.
    Only thing I changed in my system was installing these drivers.

Just uninstalled drivers & rebooted. Just sitting in Win, with no drivers & nothing running GPU #0 is at 35%, GPU #1 is at 100%.

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    It's sadly an incredibly old bug. Try disabling ULPS (Sapphire Trixx or MSI Afterburner allow you to do it rather easily, although there are other ways) to work around it.

9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Complete uninstall & reinstall fixed it!

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Yep, same here, same as the unofficial 14.4 drivers.
    13.3 doesn't have it if you want to try that.

Not acceptable really. 70% of the time I don't use my 2nd card so it's just there wasting power and making noise. 13.3 doesn't have the GPU2 bug. Reported to AMD.

Didn't work for me.

11. LocKeRoM14

LocKeRoM14 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X
    I'm also experiencing stuttering in this game but not in any other game.

12. Bugzzz

Bugzzz Guest

GPU:
    w/e
    Got a gigabyte 7950 on my system and the 14.4 drivers (either beta or whql) won't install mantle: The Information->Software in CCC reports nothing about it, how do some people have it running on their system? Did you leave the previous 14.1~3 and installed the 14.4 over them?

13. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Mantle is a graphic option in the games that support it.
    It's not installed with the driver.
    ie BF4

14. Bugzzz

Bugzzz Guest

GPU:
    w/e
    Im pretty sure previous drivers reported the mantle version there, i think there's even some print screen in some page at another topic that shows it.

Anyway its running fine, just did a quick run with it on star swarm benchmark.

15. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Mantle is a graphics API, and it's actually a bit surprising that it isn't shown in CCC. Direct3D and OpenGL's version is shown however.

16. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Thank you again Asder, downloading now. :)

WIN7 64 bit

17. OldMX

OldMX Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1660
    Anyone noticed high cpu usage from system interrupts when using the new ahci driver on windows 8? Mine went from 0.1% to 15~20%..had to restore to remove those ahci drivers and revert to windows defaults.

18. sirDaniel

sirDaniel Guest

GPU:
    940MX
    Hello all. Can anybody knows why 14.4 mobility detects my GPu on win 7 sp1 on my laptop and do not on win 8.1 update? Is there known problem? During installing drivers on win 8.1u when choosing manual selection, i see only listed install manager, hdmi audio and this new crapy raptor application. I see no drivers, CCC nor Amd transcoding, etc. I tried install when having 13.12 on system and nothing, then used DDU to clean everything and then install on clean system and nothing too. Anybody knows? THX.

19. widdlecat

widdlecat Guest

GPU:
    2x Powercolor SCS 5750 1G
    I'm having the same experience with my PC after updating to the new driver. I'm running two HD 5750s in crossfireX if that makes any difference. If there's a fix, could somebody please post the info! Thanks! :bawl:

20. B0GiE-uk-

B0GiE-uk- Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6Gb
    These drivers have ****ed my system. 2 x HD 7970 crossfires here. Getting bsods when the screen goes black to install the driver. :bang: