SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Boom answered.

Tis a pity that it still has to be repeated after so many months. xD Hopefully we wont have to say repeat for too much longer.

I should add that RadeonPro's Implementation works with win8.1.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I think this will become worse than now, if it is not written in the Q&A.:D

3. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  4. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Its eased up in the past couple months, it use to be constant, could swear it at one point we had the question asked and answered every other page, if not every page. xD

Should be worth noting that the 8.1 problem is answered in the FAQ, has been since September I believe (Edit: Just checked, the FAQ was written up in September, the problem and answer were put in in September as well <3 Search thread function.) The FAQ is just not advertised in the main post. :p

Should be worth noting (jeez this might as well be my tagline,) this is the eFX injector and the version used here is not consistent across all games, works for some not all just so you know. The re-write (Or I believe it's being re-written) should be much more stable. :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014

5. meganlee

meganlee Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD 3000
    I'm looking forward to that release. Any idea when it's expected to come out? Btw Thanks for the input!

Anyone know how to help me with the, I believe, C/C++ question?

Attempt:
    #if splitscreen_mode == 7
    If
    {
    tex.y > 0.720
    }
    return (tex.x < 0.845) ? myTex2D(s0, tex) : colorInput;
    #endif

This didn't work and I don't know what else to try. I've tried a few other things, but too long to post all of them

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  6. viper_fx99

viper_fx99 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    CMAA for nvidia cards.

Hi all,

Is there any injector or suit that have CMAA for nvidia cards. I think CMAA would be great if it is working as they said.
    If it is good as they say, CeeJay.dk I hope you can add CMAA to sweetfx.

Is there someone here who used this CMAA feature. Is it good really?

I cant put the link on intel's site for CMAA due to my post counts.

7. viper_fx99

viper_fx99 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Fxaa

All you know FXAA blur whole screen but why there are edge settings in FXAA injectors? Can FXAA configutable only to fix aliasing on "real" edges and not texture, text?

8. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Here, a direct quote from CeeJay.dk:

9. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    With 1.5.1 RE4 HD works very nice.

d3d9.dll
    dxgi.dll
    injector

copy in Bin32 folder. Other files copy in main folder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  10. geekuy

geekuy Guest

GPU:
    Greetings from Uruguay! Sorry to bother but would someone send me the new chromatic aberration shader? The one that was shown applied to batman's game. Thanks!

11. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Is there any hope at all of this ever being able to have game specific optimizations? I'd really like to use it on FFXIV but the application of SMAA or FXAA over the UI completely kills it for me. I cannot stand the UI being messed with. Is there a way/hack to get the AA post processing in before the the hud is drawn? The in game option does, this so I imagine it is possible some how.

12. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    So basically you want him to do what Boris does with ENB and be super picky about which titles get treatment.. Not for nothing but we already have one picky Graphical Enhancement dev/modder, we really don't need another.

I find it amusing you think the in-game AA works like SweetFX. The ingame AA is not working from a flat image like SweetFX is.

13. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3

I didn't ask for a picky special treatment development. I asked if there was any hope for games that suffer with UI issues from this particular method of injection. The new GeDoSaTo is able to detect/intercept the FXAA pass in DS2 before it happens and substitute it with its own, so it is possible in some cases.

This obviously would need to be done on a game by game basis and need a different set of tools to work, which is why I was asking if it was a goal or not. Otherwise, it would seem that the GeDoSaTo is set to overtake this suite of tools if it's development really takes off in the coming months and it becomes an open system that allows plugins as the dev has planned.

EDITED to be a bit nicer, don't need to start a pointless argument...

14. smarteck

smarteck Guest

GPU:
    GTX580 TwinFrozr II OC
    ///

Is there some trick to reduce the loss of FPS using SweetFX?, In some games I lose like 10 FPS :p

Also we remain alert to the launch of the new version with the chromatic filter, in addition to Unreal Engine 4 I see is present in screenshots of the new game Grid Autosport from Codemasters:

Launching on June 27 / 2014
    [​IMG]

Dirt 3 (release 2011) with the chromatic filter of ENB Cinema V1 --- Download: http://1drv.ms/1f1RkEf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apparently it will be a very popular filter in this new generation. :D

Thanks for any advise about the FPS loss.

//////

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  15. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Wasn't attacking but okay. From my understanding, it would need special treatment to get it working the way you describe it. GeDoSaTo is also specially made to work with Dark souls 2 in it's current form.

Also funny you mention GeDoSaTo as something set to over take SweetFX because Durante's post processing uses SweetFX shaders. Not to mention he's even made a SweetFX preset while working on his tool, it's not a replacement from what I've seen of the tool. It's goal isn't to be the most efficient thing in the world. xD

The goal of SweetFX is to enhance most DX titles (soon to be OpenGL too) without a huge performance hit. Also I thought I read somewhere in the thread the new injector (part of it's re-write I think,) eFX, will give access to the depth buffer, could be wrong though.

Saw your edit while replying, don't need to make anything look nicer for me. I don't much care for arguments, nor would I want to start one.

Edit: Should also note that GeDoSaTo is not meant to be a replacement for SweetFX, it's meant to make games look better but not in it's post processing, it's mostly is downsampling(it's even in the name of the tool), texture overriding, SSAO, DoF, etc. Basically it's suppose to be a better ENB than ENB from the looks of it. xD

16. Mike Gous

Mike Gous Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI 1024Mb
    Marcel it works now. You are a genius! How did you figure out that the files should be placed that way? LOL

17. cmichael

cmichael Guest

GPU:
    GT 720m
    Hi
    Seomeone can tell me step by step how to run sweetfx in battlefield bad company 2 on windows 7 64 bit? On windows 7 32 bit works fine. But i use now windows 7 64bit :(

18. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Right so if you replaced Win 8.1's DX installation with Windows 8's files (perhaps all of DX, not just d3d11), wouldn't that now allow SweetFX to work as the older Win 8 DLLs will be used (d3d9, d3d11, dxgi etc) when they are called?

19. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    replacing those files would probably break more than it fixed, imo. Personally im waiting for an update to sweetfx or efx that will handle 8.1, lol.

20. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Should work the same on 64bit as it did on 32bit, the game doesn't change from 32bit to 64bit just because you upgraded.

Not nearly as simple as you would think, honestly if it were that simple it probably would have been done by now. Probably break something in the win8.1 installation if you did do it, which would be amusing. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.