Now you see it, now you... don't?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SmilingLunatic, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmilingLunatic

SmilingLunatic Guest

GPU:
    -
    So I downloaded & installed the new 14.4 RC1 driver for my laptop and...

[​IMG]

It doesn't do anything. I even tried restarting. All that gets installed is CIM apparently, but even... no. Nothing. Wait, what? What is AMD doing?

Uhm... Halp?

PS. Laptop is an ASUS K72JR with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 & Windows 7 installed.

Edit: I noticed only CIM installs. Curious...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  2. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Maybe it's only desktop version?

EDIT: No it's not :D

3. SmilingLunatic

SmilingLunatic Guest

GPU:
    -
    I downloaded the mobility one from AMD website, using the "Find Your Driver" portion of the website correctly... and absolutely nothing. I tried downloading and installing twice. Most likely won't help in the slightest, but I'm going to try downloading with internet explorer ([​IMG])...

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

5. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Its so funny people love to bitch and complain....but we that use driver cleaners (like ddu) waste so much time...but we never have problems either lol:)

6. SmilingLunatic

SmilingLunatic Guest

GPU:
    -
    Internet Explorer didn't help. The same thing happened.

@Extraordinary: I'm a gif lunatic? *shrugs*
    I use Driver Fusion to remove the old drivers. Works great with most.... up until 13.5 came along, but that's a whole different story you can see in my other topic in this section of the forum.

@primetime: Hope you're not talking to me, because I use Driver Fusion which came highly recommended. From where? This forum. :)

[​IMG]

7. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    may as well give ddu a shot.....or even that atiman program as well...i actually use both of those with good results....

but you never mentioned you were using drive fusion....so i assumed you were not.... are they still updating driver fusion? haven't herd much talk about it lately

edit: i wont be able to even test the new driver until tomorrow when i get back home....lol it be funny if it doesn't work on mine either:3eyes:

8. SmilingLunatic

SmilingLunatic Guest

GPU:
    -
    It's not like I was hiding the fact? *shrugs*
    [​IMG]

I have yet to download the new update, but yes. They are still updating the program. :)

9. SmilingLunatic

SmilingLunatic Guest

GPU:
    -
    Admins can close this topic. I'm done caring about AMD and their drivers. Switching as soon as I can. Not selling my laptop, but it will serve as primary until i get a new one, then used merely as an i5 backup. :)

Posting my desktop specs on my profile now.

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Have you tried comparing the infs between 14.4 RC1 and the last driver that worked to make sure your hardware is still supported? If your hardware is still supported, then it could either be an old-driver-lingering-around incompatibility.

Another thing to "possibly" try is to manually install the driver via Device Manager; but this might just lead to CCC not giving you any actual adjustable settings (won't know till it's tried though).

Also, obligatory "it's a beta driver, expect problems, report to AMD directly or don't expect a fix" statement. I don't quite understand why people claim to jump ship just because a beta driver doesn't work to their liking... Even more so with a laptop driver (you shouldn't even technically be using any driver that isn't from the OEM).

11. SmilingLunatic

SmilingLunatic Guest

GPU:
    -
  12. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    When you run the installation and choose custom install, do you see display drivers here?
    If not, the HW is not detected. Maybe it's some OEM graphic?

Anyway I would try to install the drivers through device manager with "have a disk" method...
    Second option is to modify the .inf file...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.